What's your fave champs then?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    What's your fave champs then?
    Talking to me?

Is so, our team comp at the moment is something along the lines of:

Shyvanna/Gangplank/Tryhardamere - Top
    Lee Sin/Shyvana/Gangplank - Jungle

These picks need to be mobile, with some sort of escape/speed boost, to make counter jungling faster/safer

Morganna/Cassiopeia/Karthus - Middle

This pick needs to be able to push the lane hard to counter jungle the enemy wraiths, while taking ours fairly quickly to keep ahead in CS/Experience

Sona/Soraka - Bottom support. If we have first pick, we ban Soraka and pick up Sona. It allows bottom to crush hard with the Sona, unless they running something like Kennen/Nunu. If they have first pick, we >always< ban Sona, and pick up Soraka asap. We, as a team, think these are the strongest supports currently due to sustain/harass.

Sivir/Graves - Bottom Carry. By far, especially with the recent Vayne nerfs, the strongest AD's at the moment. Tristana is a little behind, because of her piss poor mid game. Sivir's ultimate is too good, combined with other champions with movement speed buffs (Do you know how fast a team with Shurelias, Gangplank, Sona and Sivir runs?) You can engage from a screen/screen and a half away. Graves gives you consistent damage, as well as an amazing steroid for himself.

Bans seem to reliably be: Rammus, Shaco, Kassadin, Morganna, Sona/Soraka (no one else seems to do this...?) with a wild card thrown in, along the lines of Sivir/Graves/Kennen/Ahri

That's just what we try to run. Not saying it's perfect, and I'm sure it can be perfected somewhere.
    Last edited by mmoc2bcebb3185; 2012-01-27 at 06:52 PM.

This week is just horrible with so many people playing Jungle Shyvana just after IEM. People just do not get she does well in games where the strategy is built around surviving counter-jungling, which was the reason she was popular at IEM, but is a just a mediocre ganker with similiar problems like Warwick: They both lack crucial CC pre-6.
    True, but the difference is that in GTA3 you're only shooting (and robbing, murdering, having sex with, etc) pixels. In WOW you get the pleasure of dealing with some of the most despicable human behaviour you'll ever witness.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flextt View Post
    This week is just horrible with so many people playing Jungle Shyvana just after IEM. People just do not get she does well in games where the strategy is built around surviving counter-jungling, which was the reason she was popular at IEM, but is a just a mediocre ganker with similiar problems like Warwick: They both lack crucial CC pre-6.
    Which is why I prefer laning her. Her W does INSANE damage at level 9. It's very difficult for a melee to trade with you.

Yes, I noticed as GP on top vs. Shyvana. Her burnout pushed the lane hard, netted her a lot of creep kills while I needed to be very careful which confrontation I would fully commit to. You underestimate her bonus damage from those cinders, they hurt you A LOT. Did fine in the end though, thanks to patience and going for a long run. Even though it was close, Shyvanas usually do not get back the upper hand if I continue playing cautious. I just frigging hate those champions without resources. They annoy me SOOOOO MUCH
    True, but the difference is that in GTA3 you're only shooting (and robbing, murdering, having sex with, etc) pixels. In WOW you get the pleasure of dealing with some of the most despicable human behaviour you'll ever witness.

Deleted
    Well, I've played gangplank for about 6 months now, and shifted to Shyvana currently. I like both champs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by StylesClashv3 View Post
    Try Cassio and Karthus.

---------- Post added 2012-01-27 at 07:41 PM ----------

Depends what you're playing. If you're going to play the whole M5 playstyle, then I'd argue Shyvana works perfectly in lane. She pushes the lane hard, while maximizing CS with her W. W also gives her a speed buff which allows her to invade quickly. If you're going to Shyv jungle, you need something like a Gangplank top to pull off the invade.

I don't like Shyvana jungle ALL that much. Ive played both with our keko team, and got better results going top. She scales really well with items, and if she's over farmed mid game, she becomes pretty much unstoppable. Doesn't work too well in jungle if you're trying to keep your own jungle safe, while trying to get kills.

Just my 2c
    Well I didn't see the whole tournament thing and I've barely seen any Shyvanas solo lane too so.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    Well I didn't see the whole tournament thing and I've barely seen any Shyvanas solo lane too so.
    Fair enough, was just throwing my opinion out there

Deleted
    Fair enough, was just throwing my opinion out there

10+ Year Old Account
    Talking to me?
    Yup!

Quote Originally Posted by SCv3
    text
    Except that's not what I asked. I asked which champs you personally liked to play. Not what your team runs. It's not necessarily the same and still doesn't tell me which you run (though I'm guessing solo top).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    Yup!

Except that's not what I asked. I asked which champs you personally liked to play. Not what your team runs. It's not necessarily the same and still doesn't tell me which you run (though I'm guessing solo top).
    Ah, apologies.

Personally, I play; Gangplank, Shyvana, Lee Sin, Skarner, Tryhardamere, Brolaf, Soraka, Malzahar

I need a support I can play, so far I have Sona and Soraka on the list, but I'd like a third, which champions can count as supporters?

I would like to try Taric, but I can't find a guide on SoloMid to get started :/
    Last edited by Arrowstormen; 2012-01-28 at 01:46 PM.

Support Alistar is actually a lot of fun to play; when paired with Vayne its a whole lotta knock backs and knock ups and is pretty annoying to the other team. Plus his ult pretty much negates the enemy AD carry you're laning against and his E is an AOE heal on a relatively short CD.

I'm looking for a champion that can go solo top. Gotta be a bit tanky and has good sustain in lane. I'd like to have some nice utility in team fights and I'd like to be able to get away from ganks fairly easily. Basically just a sustained bruiser in top lane. Any suggestions? (No Tryn or Garen, already have 'em; also don't like GP, nor Shyvana)
    Last edited by Malgru; 2012-01-28 at 05:13 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    I need a support I can play, so far I have Sona and Soraka on the list, but I'd like a third, which champions can count as supporters?

I would like to try Taric, but I can't find a guide on SoloMid to get started :/
    Janna if you just want a CC monster with an ulti that totally rapes every teamfight.

I'm looking for a champion that can go solo top. Gotta be a bit tanky and has good sustain in lane. I'd like to have some nice utility in team fights and I'd like to be able to get away from ganks fairly easily.
    Galio. If you get Chalice you can stay in lane forever and you clear waves with 2 skills. He has an inbuilt ghost on relative short CD to escape. Has a slow, has a shield that can heal him and gives you a lot of resistance and if you can land his ulti and your team aren't morons, you just won a teamfight.

And you barely see him.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post

Try out Janna. Her knock up is pretty nice when you get good with it and her ult is very fun to use a wide variety of ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Malgru View Post
    Support Alistar is actually a lot of fun to play; when paired with Vayne its a whole lotta knock backs and knock ups and is pretty annoying to the other team. Plus his ult pretty much negates the enemy AD carry you're laning against and his E is an AOE heal on a relatively short CD.

I'm looking for a champion that can go solo top. Gotta be a bit tanky and has good sustain in lane. I'd like to have some nice utility in team fights and I'd like to be able to get away from ganks fairly easily. Basically just a sustained bruiser in top lane. Any suggestions? (No Tryn or Garen, already have 'em; also don't like GP, nor Shyvana)
    I like playing Yorick top. Start with a Meki and make it into a Tear and you won't get pushed out of lane and you can harass very well. His escaping from ganks isn't all that amazing but if you land your slow on them when it's not on cd, you'll be able to dance away.

10+ Year Old Account
    trolling the enemy team with my shaco juke
    Quote Originally Posted by Burton68Zeppelin View Post

I like playing Yorick top. Start with a Meki and make it into a Tear and you won't get pushed out of lane and you can harass very well. His escaping from ganks isn't all that amazing but if you land your slow on them when it's not on cd, you'll be able to dance away.
    I dunno about Yorick, I personally find him really dull, he's not too exciting too play with

Quote Originally Posted by Silent View Post
    I dunno about Yorick, I personally find him really dull, he's not too exciting too play with
    Well ofcourse it's just personally preference. I find him to be rarely played and enjoy using him and I thought he fit his suggestion as a sustained bruiser because with a tear he would never need to leave his lane and is very difficult to stop from farming.

thoughts on Orianna? I'd like to get her since shes on sale again
    I already have a bunch of AP casters (brand, cassio, gragas, karthus) but i have a weakness for sales

10+ Year Old Account
    She's different, she's fun. And fairly challenging until you get on the ball.

Looking for a ranged, non mana, AP champion that's solid in mid. Must have some nice AOE (not only AOE damage, but AOE farming) and the ability to escape ganks semi-easily. Was thinking about Kennen but have never played him before. Thoughts?