Page 5 of 272 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I got some riot points left, not enough for a 975 champ, heh, 910 i think so i'm waiting for a 975 of worth to go half price cat was the other week but shes kinda meh ish
    Dragonflight Nerfs vs fun again show a Blizzard that hasn't learnt a lesson, Actions speak louder than words afterall watch what they do and do not do.

Deleted
    Almost 3150 IP again, who to buy?
    Thinking between Kata, GP and Gragas (I have tons of champions for each role that are viable, so look mostly at the fun factor here :3)

As a huge Kat fan, I would suggest buying her. Her skillset in combination with her passive can be really fun to play. You just have to love the insane Shunpo raging Kat (got an unofficial penta that way)

However, if you get CCed or exhausted while your ulti, 60-70% of your damage is gone and you are shut down.

Gragas also is quite funny, mainly because of his ultimate.

Get GP if you love to sing pirates songs while getting out of CC and stealing kills with your ultimate or just general Q-critting action.

So fun-wise from my point of view: Katarina > Gragas > GP

Deleted
    Yeah, when kata was free (2 weeks ago I believe) I got a quadra kill on dominion for the fight for the windmill (top).
    They were all extremely low health after my team died and after multiple garen spin2wins. I saw this and just went shunpo shunpo shunpo shunpo quadra kill + cap. results being in tons of QQ of my enemy team.

Its just so hard to pick, Gangplank is amazing due to his damage and utility he brings.
    Gragas just has some of the most insane poke in the game and stupid damage, in the IEM NY I remember a Gragas almost insta killing a squishy with Q and R.
    And Kat is just an amazing pub stomper.
    Anyone else got some opinions, I can't decide :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you want to be a fat bloke that bellyflops on people?

Of course you do!

Deleted
    Gangplank. Just, do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilidan View Post
    Almost 3150 IP again, who to buy?
    Thinking between Kata, GP and Gragas (I have tons of champions for each role that are viable, so look mostly at the fun factor here :3)
    Kata used to be my main and took a while for me to get bored of her. She's very maneuverable because of shunpo and her ulti just decimates people often resulting in a massive QQ from the enemy team because it's OP and she's easy to play. To be honest, a bad Kata is VERY easily defeated whereas a good one is not (often the case with any champion but whatever). Take her if you feel like messing around with the enemy team a lot.

GP is my second choice of these 3, his harass is extremely annoying and his ulti is great to slip in this kills where they just got away from you or just to support your team fights.

Gragas isn't really my thing so I won't say anything about him.

I have to say that I hate playing against Gangplank most of the time. Damn Parrrley. I'd probably take him over the other two if it were me buying them.

As for the other two, my boyfriend plays both of them and he really seems to enjoy them both. I've noticed that CC basically kills any chance Kat has of doing anything, potentially ruining a good ult. Still, shunpo is very very nice. I played her a few times and really enjoyed it.

Gragas has awesome harass and is quite good at minion farming. If you get good with his Q and his R then you should really do very well with him. The only reason I don't like him is because he's fat. =P But if that doesn't annoy you, then I'd probably recommend him over Kat. He does have some nasty damage.

Deleted

Unhappy

I just cant seem to decide .
    So I decided to make it a majority vote, champ with most votes (out of mentioned 3 ofc) when I have the needed IP is chosen :3
    So far we have 2 for kat, 1 for gragas and 2 for trollplank.
    Keep em coming guyz :3

Deleted
    So I usually play Janna, Anivia or Urgot and do so quite successfully, but I'd like to try something else so that I can join drafts without having to worry about making a terrible pick for the team comp.

Should I pick up an AD melee? A jungler, perhaps? Or should I get into another support champion?

@Mest
    All three champs are far from being a terrible pick. You might want additionally learn a AD melee, a jungler and a tank. That way, you can play every role which needs to be filled.

Also in my opinion, I rather have a enthusiastic and good Urgot player as an bored Graves, who plays him for the second time because "the team told him so"

Deleted
    @ Kilidan, i vote for GP. Whereas Kat has good manouvring, she has no cc or specifice cc escaping abilities. her ulti is easy to shut down with a stun/taunt/knock up/silence and what more, just happened to me a lot. GP has strong harrash, strong cc breaker and a heal on top of that + his ulti is bread and butter!

---------- Post added 2011-10-26 at 02:08 PM ----------

@ Mest, i started to comp my champ on the class.
    So started with ad champion (best to start with in my opinion) than ap champ (melee and ranged), than a support (Soraka cause she is pretty straightforward), and than i picked a tank. this way i always have a viable option to fill in for my team.
    Once you like a certain play style u can buy more of that champions, and get a more versatile team comp.

Kayle is my main atm , and i only really play her, is there any champion that is similiar to her playing style (hybrid AP/Attack damage, Fighter) that i could/should buy?

All the good talk of Caitlyn makes me really happy i got her last week..

*only lvl 13 and still learning*
    LFG is like a playground. the idea is great but retarded kids ruin it for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyskato View Post
    Is it bad that I think that Draenei fan art is really hot?
    fap fap fap
    What?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Antueater View Post
    @Mest
    All three champs are far from being a terrible pick. You might want additionally learn a AD melee, a jungler and a tank. That way, you can play every role which needs to be filled.

Also in my opinion, I rather have a enthusiastic and good Urgot player as an bored Graves, who plays him for the second time because "the team told him so"
    Yeah it's not that I'm afraid I can't perform well with my favourite champions; it's that I want to be able to make a good pick even when four people instalock their ranged carries, or when I pick last in draft.

Would Singed be a good buy? Been looking at him for quite some time now. Did try him out once or twice when he was f2p last, didn't go very well but he does seem like fun.

Deleted
    Singed is a good pick and is tons of fun imho.
    Score is 3 for GP, 2 for kat and 1 for the fatzo. Anyone else :3

10+ Year Old Account
    I vote kat, she's just so much fun to play.

Deleted
    Tied between Kata and GP then.
    Gragas isn't getting much love it would seem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Singed is a great tank. But in all honesty, if 4 people insta lock carries it's kind of pointless to try and base your pick on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilidan View Post
    Tied between Kata and GP then.
    Gragas isn't getting much love it would seem.
    Because most fat men have to pay to get love.

@Mest
    If you have four mouthbreathers instalocking ranged carries, you won't make the situation worse by picking one of three mentioned champs. Singed is indeed hell of a fun champ to play and makes quite a good and annoying solo top. But you won't be able to carry 4 brainafk with him, keep that in mind.

You might want to have a look at GP or Lee Sin. Both make a fantastic solo top and jungler.