Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by blashyrkhzr View Post
    bought j4. and won the 1st game, just a question, do you replace wriggles lantern late game? what do u buy instead if u already have frozen mallet, thornmail atma and randuins omen.
    Bloodthirster. Also that's a ridiculous and unnecessary amount of armour. I really hate thornmail as an item and don't know why so many people like it.

Aegis of the Legion is a pretty good item for your team if you don't have a support that gets it.

Otherwise there's Warmog's.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Swiftero View Post
    Aegis of the Legion is a pretty good item for your team if you don't have a support that gets it.

Otherwise there's Warmog's.
    I doubt that the support wouldn't have an Aegis that late in the game.

Warmog's is a possibility if you're already getting focused for some reason, but to be honest I'd rather have some damage to make myself more of a threat.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by blashyrkhzr View Post
    irelia vs jarvan. which one is better and why ?:-? want to go top or jungle.
    thank you!
    Jarvan can play top and jungle, however, Irelia is a better top lane pick.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxigen View Post
    Jarvan can play top and jungle, however, Irelia is a better top lane pick.
    I've played around 500 games now and I've still never seen a Jarvan go top. Apparently he is good, but other than his passive I don't see what he has going for him.

10+ Year Old Account
    He's pretty bursty early on and since he is quite rare, not everyone knows how to fight him.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    I'd pick Tristana as lane partner over Ashe though, but there's a couple possible supports:
    Suggested she play Ashe because her skills aren't too much to worry about, so she can focus on all the other aspects of the game. Ironically she's uncannily good with that arrow.

Might get her to play Trist next though for more kill options. Played one as Trist myself last night and amazed at how good she is. Played her early on and sucked, but now I've improved at the game I can see she's awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's my go-to choice for AD carry. I just prefer her over pretty much any other ADs.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    It's my go-to choice for AD carry. I just prefer her over pretty much any other ADs.
    The thing I hate about Trist is she naturally pushes the lane just by last hitting. It's impossible to freeze a tough lane near your tower.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

10+ Year Old Account
    That honestly doesn't bug me much. She's one of the few with a -healing debuff, which I really like. Additionally, she deals a fair amount of magic damage early on and most ADs run scaling MR runes and full on armour runes. It helps in winning trades.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can someone tell me what it's like to play Karma? I think she looks really interesting, but riot forums are so doom and gloom on her saying she's a bad support and a terrible mid and only trolls buy her and so on. And that she needs farm to succeed because she's not useful until she has enough CDR. I was thinking about buying her to try out because the forums also say she's never free. I have Taric and Leona to support with so it's not like I NEED another, I just thought her spells looked rather interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankennoob View Post
    How dare they include fantastic and mysterious wonders in my fantasy game? All the graphics and story just get in the way of my enjoying optimizing the spreadsheet that defines my character.
    [G] [Ravenwake]: I been loot mastered by kerf for so long, I dont know any other way? is it abuse? is it love? who can tell
    Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:36 am // Symara: I'll tell them Chuck Norris wears Kerfanna Pyjamas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kerfanna View Post
    Can someone tell me what it's like to play Karma? I think she looks really interesting, but riot forums are so doom and gloom on her saying she's a bad support and a terrible mid and only trolls buy her and so on. And that she needs farm to succeed because she's not useful until she has enough CDR. I was thinking about buying her to try out because the forums also say she's never free. I have Taric and Leona to support with so it's not like I NEED another, I just thought her spells looked rather interesting.
    She's mainly used as either at mid as a pseudo-AP mid (similar to Lux somewhat) or at top so she can get farm. And while she can go as a 0 CS support, that severely limits her capabilities, not to mention that the other Supports can fulfill the 0 CS role MUCH better. But once you get around the negative stigma and start Karma bombing enemies, then it's all good.

All of Karma's damage is AoE first of all. Note that the range on her Q is very short, shorter than most of the abilities that typical AP mages have. Her R + E AoE damage radius is surprisingly large for most AoEs. Don't rely too much on her W though, unless you have someone on your team that can use it to it's full use (i.e. Singed), as most people don't know that you have to get the beam to cross enemies to damage them, and that W doesn't damage the enemy that you attach the beam onto at all.
    Last edited by Thallidomaniac; 2012-06-23 at 08:32 AM.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

10+ Year Old Account
    She is one of the best supports in Dominion, exactly because it lets her get around that 0 CS problem.

She will do okay mid in a double support combo or (in a normal game) on top with a melee or down bottom lane in a kill lane supporting a melee. This does mean you have to organise it with your team as it means the AD carry will have to move lanes.

Thinking of buying Rumble. Enjoying him alot currently. Won 9 (all PvP) and lost just one (which was against AI). Was reading somewhere that he has low late game damage. Any Rumble experts who can shed some light on this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Culnar
    Sometimes people act like blizzard is their friend who betrayed them and now they're pissed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulpei View Post
    Actually the backlash from pandas is because alot of the people didn't grow up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterisbest View Post
    Thinking of buying Rumble. Enjoying him alot currently. Won 9 (all PvP) and lost just one (which was against AI). Was reading somewhere that he has low late game damage. Any Rumble experts who can shed some light on this?
    Unless they stack alot of magic ress Rumble's damage will be remain good. Build him tanky thenn run in with flametrower and ult and there whole team will go down Fast.

Deleted
    I need a top champ, but I suck TERRIBLY BAD at melee fighters, sooo... Any options aside from Vlad and Kennen?

10+ Year Old Account
    Swain. Make all the Dariuses cry.

Alternatively, Yorick.

Deleted
    I'll add a question then: what makes a good top champion? Isn't not relying on blue one of the factors? Swain needs it quite a bit from my experience.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on your jungler and mid. Swain hard counters some of the popular picks on top (most notably Darius). Grab Kennen Mid and Shen in the Jungle and Swain can get all the blue he wants. Or just build Unholy Grail. Alternatively, grab Frozen Heart. The mana on there will let you sustain his R long enough to be useful and the armour + cdr on nevermove help keep you safe.

Deleted
    Honestly, I'm at the level where combination is hardly ever thought over and we're liable to end up with Fiddle jungle and Karthus mid, for example.