15+ Year Old Account
    So I consider myself a pretty strong Yorick player. I don't play a whole lot of top lane, but I'm so tempted to add Irelia to my arsenal.

My question is...when would I ever use Irelia over Yorick? Don't get me wrong, I LOVE watching good Irelias play and would love to be there...but would I ever benefit from picking Irelia over Yorick? Yes, I know...she probably does better against Cho'Gath and Trundle...but that isn't enough for me to buy her.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yorick can not carry a team late game on his own. Irelia can.

Deleted
    Tryed out Malphite today, and liking it ALOT, is it worth it to buy him and is he any good at ranked matches? Will i be forced to jungle if i pick Malphite or i can top lane as well with him?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kseux View Post
    Tryed out Malphite today, and liking it ALOT, is it worth it to buy him and is he any good at ranked matches? Will i be forced to jungle if i pick Malphite or i can top lane as well with him?
    Top lane, mid lane, jungle .. Malphite is basically a massive counterpick, which makes him really valuable in ranked.

10+ Year Old Account
    One of his other assets is that he is really hard to counter pick, because you don't know what lane he is going to.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxigen View Post
    So I consider myself a pretty strong Yorick player. I don't play a whole lot of top lane, but I'm so tempted to add Irelia to my arsenal.

My question is...when would I ever use Irelia over Yorick? Don't get me wrong, I LOVE watching good Irelias play and would love to be there...but would I ever benefit from picking Irelia over Yorick? Yes, I know...she probably does better against Cho'Gath and Trundle...but that isn't enough for me to buy her.
    Well you´ll rarely do better in lane with irelia than yorick. One thing to note is that Yorick will be strong if your team has a strong AD carry but Irelia will be strong when they have one.

Malphite is straight out overpowered and banned in ranked all the time regardless of ELO. Since he is so cheap he is good to have for when they forget to ban him and you get a massive advantage. He´s really strong in lane and has the potential to initiate and 100-0 the AD carry, if he doesn´t manage to kill the AD it´s NP because of his stupid E.

Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    Yorick can not carry a team late game on his own. Irelia can.
    I once had a very good Irelia player on my team. I was Alister and she was playing OT. Me and her went 2v4 against Lux, Draven, a bruiser and another champ I don't remember at about 40 mins into the game. We won the fight with Irelia having about 15% hp left and I have about 60%.

Now this could mean that Alister is op late game, but no. They were all targeting her and I was just helping CCing and keeping people away from her when she dropped too low. She did most of the damage as well.

---------- Post added 2012-07-24 at 05:37 PM ----------

Malphite is OP. That's how I see him. You can go in, harass a little and come out without loosing any HP whatsoever cause of your passive. Having a 10% hp shield is MASSIVE. Keep doing that again and again.

---------- Post added 2012-07-24 at 05:41 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    Top lane, mid lane, jungle .. Malphite is basically a massive counterpick, which makes him really valuable in ranked.
    Along with this, I would also add that you can play him as support. Seen a few Malphits as support and they are massive pain in the backside. The passive, the slow and once they get their ulti and hit you, you are simply dead.

One thing about him is that you can never anticipate when he will ulti you. He might initiate with it, use it in the middle of the fight, or save it to peel off his carry. You will just hear "MMMUMMPPPPHHH", you will know that you are fucked for a few secs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Culnar
    Sometimes people act like blizzard is their friend who betrayed them and now they're pissed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulpei View Post
    Actually the backlash from pandas is because alot of the people didn't grow up.

10+ Year Old Account

Stronger lategame, not dependent on having someone else do well to be useful. She wins pretty much every matchup once she hits 9. One of the best 1v1's in game. Before 9 it can be rough, but get a Wits End/Phage and you can pretty much destroy anyone 1v1.

currently i own aprox 50 champs, but still one of my favorites is a very cheap one, master YI, awesome trolling champ. Learn to play it well in jungle and u can carry games like a boss, just had 16/1/10 the other day in ranked with him.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hornedmordor View Post
    currently i own aprox 50 champs, but still one of my favorites is a very cheap one, master YI, awesome trolling champ. Learn to play it well in jungle and u can carry games like a boss, just had 16/1/10 the other day in ranked with him.
    ...thank you for your contribution?
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Deleted

While Yorick is brilliant for harass in a solo lane and an amazing champion up top, Irelia is good because she can pretty much carry the team late game if she gets fed enough (as do all champs) but with Irelia, I find that she is far more effective in a fed situation and can sustain herself quite well with lifesteal ulti, her escape bladesurge and hiten style along with a stun if she is facing an enemy with far more hp.

Deleted
    Ryze or Annie for 1st AP champion? Tried Annie shes kinda squishy but fun to play, idk about Ryze as hes not on this week free champion rotation

10+ Year Old Account
    Ryze or Annie for 1st AP champion? Tried Annie shes kinda squishy but fun to play, idk about Ryze as hes not on this week free champion rotation
    Annie's more of a combo/nuker mage. She's also recommended as her Q makes last hitting minions a snap.

Ryze is more of sustain damage, although he's a bit faceroll as once you max CDR, you just hit every button whenever something comes off CD.

Either can do great for the 1st AP mage role.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Deleted
    I personally find Ryze really boring to play, but he's quite strong and works wonders solo-top too.
    I like Annie better, except for her voice (:

15+ Year Old Account
    Ryze is absolutely broken. He's certainly one of the top 3 APs right now.

I would go with Ryze. After learning a few positional tricks, you can score a double kill on the squishes in a team fights, while hurting the rest of the team as well.
    Sometimes people act like blizzard is their friend who betrayed them and now they're pissed!

10+ Year Old Account
    Both. Their dirt cheap anyway. Ryze is more viable, but Annie still is a good choice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Annie's burst and stun combo with Tibbers is a nightmare, but without her combo, she has no stun or slow.
    Ryze is just better overall, with a better, more reliable passive and more useful skills.

I'd go Ryze.

Ryze is absolutely broken. He's certainly one of the top 3 APs right now.
    Pretty much. Even if someone doesn't put him in top 3, they will defo put him in top 5.

Top 5 AP for me are (no particular order):

Morgana
    Swain
    Ahri
    Cass
    Ryze

10+ Year Old Account
    No Kennen? No Karthus? No Anivia?