Page 1 of 272
... LastLast
    Deleted

The "What champion should I buy thread"

There seems to be a lot of new threads every day about "What should I buy" or "Should I get X or Y"

I thought it might be less spammy to have it all in one thread. If you have a question, ask here and people will get back to you!

15+ Year Old Account
    Great idea!

Ezreal vs. Kog'maw? I enjoy playing both...Kog is WAY easier...but if I can reach Ez's skill cap, does he turn out more viable?

Deleted
    Kog'Maw is pretty Flavour of the Month at the moment, and becomes nigh-on-unstoppable late game if protected late game. Currently, I'd say learn Kog'Maw, but Ezreal is also a decent pick.

Deleted
    Ezreal is more fun to play tho Kog'maw has a higher damage potential because of his built-in bloodrazor, he also got that nice slow thing you can use to escape or prevent enemies from escaping your auto attack range and ulti.

Hey guys.
    So, my main is currently Orianna, with Xerath/Annie/Brand/LeBlanc as secondary options. As you see, all of them are AP carries. That's really the only role I master and the role I find most fun... But it's time for me to learn some more.
    I can play Skarner and Wukong decently... Also, I'm pretty good with Jax.

Could someone recommend me a good 5v5 champion, that isn't a support/tank/AP carry?
    I really don't know which champion I should go for.. Also, it doesn't have to be one of those mentioned above.

Any input will be appreciated!
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA YOU'RE FUCKED. (Yes, it's my forums, I'm allowed to do that)

Deleted
    Gangplank/Nasus/Talon are strong top pick champions that can carry mid-late game
    Caitlyn/Kog'Maw for Ranged AD
    Lee Sin/Nocturne/Gangplank for Jungle

Quote Originally Posted by StylesClashv3 View Post
    Gangplank/Nasus/Talon are strong top pick champions that can carry mid-late game
    Caitlyn/Kog'Maw for Ranged AD
    Lee Sin/Nocturne/Gangplank for Jungle
    Why dont you combine this thread with your Tier list Thread? That way, you would at least eradicate the "What jungler should I buy?" "Which Ranged AD next?" "MORDEKAISER HUE HUE HUEHUE" questions.

Thank god you made this thread, was bitching at Lysah about all the spam.

Also... should I buy Graves?
    None of my mains right now have any skillshots, worried he'll be too hard for my non-skillshot noob brain.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddlesnarf View Post
    Thank god you made this thread, was bitching at Lysah about all the spam.

Also... should I buy Graves?
    None of my mains right now have any skillshots, worried he'll be too hard for my non-skillshot noob brain.
    i would. people are silly and won't have worked out how to counter him yet. should be able to do well whilst you learn how to play him properly.

Quote Originally Posted by crazypearce View Post
    i would. people are silly and won't have worked out how to counter him yet. should be able to do well whilst you learn how to play him properly.
    He is easy to counter, get someone with a greater range than him.

Get smashed by any fighter, as usual.

Having trouble deciding between Twitch and Karthus. I was really excited when their IP prices got reduced, but now I can't choose which one I want to go for first. Most of my friends recommend Karthus because they say that he's easier, but Twitch's stealth is really appealing (and dat damage). What are the pros and cons of these two champions?

Deleted
    I'd say Karthus, but I'm biased as I think Twitch is a trash champion for Summoners Rift.

Twitch is going to be garbage in lane, and his jungle isn't good either. If you can get off a successful first blood on their jungler at blue, and then get off good ganks for more kills roaming (including their jungler a few more times), you will have more fun than any other champion in the game. Especially when team fights start and you tap that ult and watch your arrows hit 3-5 people for 1/3 their bar at the same time. Them pentakills.

If, however, their jungler gets away, your ganks fail, or even worse, you die trying, you will be seven levels behind and wondering what the hell is going on. He's a very up and down champion.

Karthus is safer, even if you don't have many items you can just rush in, die, spam spells during your passive and ult and still be useful to the team, and probably get kills on people that barely got away all game for the luls.

Finally picked up Akali after brooding over it for a couple of weeks. Need to play her more to get used to the playstyle. Too much going on for me for some reason even though when I've went against her she looked easy peasy. Marks, Essence of Shadow, she drains energy uber fast, twilight shroud placement and limitations (wasn't aware attacking knocks you out of stealth even though that should have been obvious).

So next up is either Singed or skipping him and saving up 6300 all the way for Kog'maw.

P.S. Really regret picking up Anivia when her price got reduced. Got nostalgic and bought her.

P.P.S. I absolutely DO NOT regret spending $5 on Irelia. So. Freaking. Amazing.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    I picked up Twitch. Karthus is kinda fun, but pretty straight forward. You know what you can expect from him and will get there pretty much every game.

The thing I find fun about Twitch is the simple fact that your opponent only ever has 4 champs max on their radar. It's up to you to get something out of that fear. And as stated above, that can be a glorious thing or fall flat on the li'l rat's snout.

10+ Year Old Account
    For me Karthus, specially if you are the only AP in team, they will get armor for 4 people but your ulti will hurt them way too much
    Twitch is famous of not fighting team fights, well most twitch players made me hate him a lot
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Deleted
    Twitch is an abolute piece of trash once the enemy team gets some pink wards.

15+ Year Old Account
    Karthus over Twitch any day, all day.

Once you master his Q, he can be equally as dominant as Twitch...everything he has screams team fight...which is the bread and butter of higher end LoL play.

Besides, being able to go balls out mana dump AND ult from the grave....yea...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Antueater View Post
    Why dont you combine this thread with your Tier list Thread? That way, you would at least eradicate the "What jungler should I buy?" "Which Ranged AD next?" "MORDEKAISER HUE HUE HUEHUE" questions.
    In theory it seems to be the best idea, but something is holding me back. Probably having to explain EVERY.DAMN.CHOICE as to why somebody is tier xyz. There's also the people who would disagree with the tier list, giving their opinion, making it just all go horribly offtopic