Page 9 of 272 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hadokhan View Post
    Personally im still interested in maokai/malzahar/renekton/vladimir ( cus he gets on sale tomorrow for 50% off)
    Il get em all in the end but i just cant make up my mind which to pick first.
    vladimir is pretty fun, i bought him last time he was on sale. personally the novelty wore off very quickly though.
    renekton on the other hand, is one of my favorite champions to play to date, his spells are all free, little bit of lifesteal and you're so sustainable it's crazy. you can pump out so much damage, and i just personally like AD-caster style champs (non-autoattackers)

Deleted
    karthus, nidalee, blitz and vlad are on sale. haven't played any of them before so can't decide if i should buy any for RP or not. any recommendations? i usually play dominion but dabble into SR on some occasions.

hey guys.
    So at the moment my past champions i have enjoyed have been champs like vayne, Ashe, and Graves for Range, and Jarven, Garen, Tarric, tyrindamere for melee.
    what i am looking for is some advice for a new Melee and range to play with.
    With the games we play, im not really bothered about been the "guy getting all the kills" i am happy to play support roles as opposed to some of the glass cannons (Ashe xD). Can anyone reccomend a decent pair of champs to try out?

Deleted
    Karthus, Nidalee and Blitz are all 3150, so I don't really see why you would spend RP on them in the first place.
    Vlad is pretty fun, but he's just completly useless in comparison to other AP carries. in my opinion that is.
    He isn't BAD but he ain't all too good either.

@guy above me, for Melee I recommend you Udyr or Lee sin, both of them can jungle or solo top amazingly well, and they are both strong tanky melee's.
    As for ranged, I can definately recommend you Kog'Maw and Cait, both have insane range and damage. (although Cait is stronger early game with her stupidly strong lane dominance, while Koggy is better lategame with his Q and W maxed for the range, dmg and attack speed.)
    Last edited by mmoc05bd575a48; 2011-10-28 at 10:35 AM.

Cheers for the response. i'll give Udyr and Caitlyn a go (GF plays koggy so not a chance there :P)

15+ Year Old Account
    Vladimir still worth it?

Deleted
    In my opinion, No. There are just so many better choices then vlad, like Cassio, Brand or Anivia.
    He isn't bad, but I wouldn't even try using him in ranked personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Yakisoba View Post
    This, Kassadin the gap closer of all gap closers, he can't clear a whole creep wave however. Xin Zhao is a melee with a gap closer.
    His E clears creep waves for me. not at level 1 but yeah

Arg. Here I am trying to think of which champion I want to buy. I want to buy another 3150, but I'm bad at making choices... I've thought about Olaf, Gangplank, maybe Udyr and Blitz, but I've either never played them before, so I can't say if I'd like them or not. For most of those champions, I also don't have an ideal set up of runes... I wonder if I should just save for the Half Dragon champion.

Can anyone give me some nice information or personal experience on the champions I wrote about above?
    3DS Friend Code: 3282-4450-9594

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, so I'm still quite a bit of a newbie.. I only started playing a couple months ago, and even then it took me awhile to feel comfortable playing pvp games by myself without my boyfriend.

So I mostly play support.. I started with Soraka, now Janna is my favorite, but now I just bought Sona and I'm really loving her.

However, I can't play support sometimes because someone else wants to do it. The problem is, I'm pretty awful at everything else. :/ Other than my three support, I've bought Ryze, Morgana, Ashe and Gangplank.

I have over 13,000 IP. n_n

I really like Morgana if I need to do a mage type.. but I'm really bad with melee and range carries. I don't know what it is that I'm doing wrong.. Maybe I'm not aggressive enough? I'm pretty bad at last hitting which is kinda goofy but true. =/

I really don't know why I'm so bad at everything, I don't know what I'm doing wrong.. I wonder, who should I buy for someone that's pretty noobie? I did okay with Katarina, but not very good. :/ Should I just practice more?

I wish I could just do support every game. =(

Oh well, who's a good noob-friendly champ that doesn't do too bad?
    "The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.'" - George Carlin

10+ Year Old Account
    Morgana is easy to learn, especially since her AoE can just clear entire Minion waves by the time it's upgraded to level 3. Her shield might make her feel a bit support-y.

Personally, I really like Tristana (and she's free!), but she requires a pretty aggressive playstyle early on. You could also consider a tankier type champ, like Alistair (again, free). They either jungle (little last hitting required) or build more support items (gp5) meaning you can let your lane mate get the last hits.

To be honest, I would advise you to simply get better at last hitting. You can play a few bot games to focus only on improving last hitting. There's little pressure there and it's fairly easy to improve it that way without having to worry about devious players ambushing you.
    Last edited by Duilliath; 2011-10-28 at 09:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know, have you seen those intermediate level bots? They're pretty feisty! Thanks for the ideas, I'll give those two a try. =) Junglers always seem so neat, I haven't tried it yet. Guess it wouldn't hurt to read a guide and give it a go. =)
    "The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.'" - George Carlin

So I have enough RP to buy one more Champion and I can't decide between Kog'Maw, Talon, and possibly Renekton. I currently only have one other ranged Champion, which makes Kog'Maw appealing to me, but i'm not sure if its worth it.

Also I pretty much play Dominion exclusively, it that helps.

Not trying to bust the thread,but what is difference between normal and dominion?

Quote Originally Posted by Lestrang View Post
    Not trying to bust the thread,but what is difference between normal and dominion?
    By normal I assume you mean summoner's rift. SR is essentially a slightly-modified version of the map/game-type that ALL MOBAs use. Dominion uses a circular map(with a jungle in the middle) with 5 capture points and is a multi-hill king of the hill type game(domination in CoD or conquest in BF are similar).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoloft View Post
    So I have enough RP to buy one more Champion and I can't decide between Kog'Maw, Talon, and possibly Renekton. I currently only have one other ranged Champion, which makes Kog'Maw appealing to me, but i'm not sure if its worth it.

Also I pretty much play Dominion exclusively, it that helps.
    Have you played Pantheon? He rocks in Dominion, espcially his ultimate.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshie View Post
    Have you played Pantheon? He rocks in Dominion, espcially his ultimate.

I considered getting him with my IP but I ended up getting Blitzcrank and his new skin because its a limited time offer. I'm probably going to get him next when I get enough IP though.

Deleted
    I guess i could use this thread as a "What skin should i buy next" instead of spamming the forum.
    SO what Gangplank skin should i buy? I really can't decide between sailor and minuteman! HELP ME!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Abtul View Post
    I guess i could use this thread as a "What skin should i buy next" instead of spamming the forum.
    SO what Gangplank skin should i buy? I really can't decide between sailor and minuteman! HELP ME!
    I like Minuteman and have it myself!

Deleted
    I'm not really very good at the game yet, but I'd like to find a Champion which I could learn how to play properly, so I don't have to start all over at every Champion rotation. I enjoy playing a ranged Champion (Caitlyn I really enjoyed), who aren't too squishe, and won't be bad at the end of the game (which I found Caitlyn to be).

Any suggestions?