1. #1141
    Pandaren Monk Kurdiern's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    CA-LI-FORNIA GIRLS, I'M IRRESISTABLE!
    Posts
    1,849
    Quote Originally Posted by gotpriest View Post
    Keep in mind I'm talking about her from a 9 month ago perspective. It appears that she has been buffed since then, and was recently nerfed. Back in August of '11 she was having top lane issues, and was not a Tourny pick in any way.
    Her life steal (which was what you issues with) hadn't been touched since March, over a year ago. She had gotten two straight patches of buffs before you left in July. She hasn't been buffed (aside from minor fixes) since. She was tournament worthy, she just was never picked. Viable Champions don't always get picked.

    She has less sustain than before, but she still has good enough sustain.

  2. #1142
    Pandaren Monk
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    (´・ω・`)
    Posts
    1,761
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellrisen View Post
    snares hardcounter riven -_-
    They don't "hardcounter" Riven, or just about every team comp would "hardcounter" her. LoL really isn't a game of hard counters.

    Quote Originally Posted by s3ki View Post
    Because not everyone is shortsighted or bad with him as you are? Or because hes actually good, but not your average nuke the shit out of them ap?
    He's a bad champion. There's a reason you never see him except in troll games. I might put him slightly above Eve tier, but he's firmly Xin tier of worthless.

    Quote Originally Posted by gotpriest View Post
    How is Irelia these days? I really enjoyed her solo top but they really hurt her ability to get early farm months and months back. (Haven't played in a long time.)
    She's still alright. Her damage is still great if she can get a good start, since they didn't touch that. I'm told that the hit to her sustain is very noticeable though. If you liked playing her before you'll still like playing her.

  3. #1143
    Epic! personn5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    US, Mississippi
    Posts
    1,746
    So, I'm getting close to 3150 IP and trying to find a champion to get.
    I've been wanting to try lux, but been holding out until she goes F2P for a week until I buy her. I prefer casters/ranged but I do like melee too (Riven, Tyrn, liked Sion and Nasus when I got to try them).
    Enjoy support but also like being able to nuke too. Could buy one at 3150 or keep saving for a 6300 champ, but by then I'd probably just go buy one with RP instead.
    SO! Suggest away!

  4. #1144
    Pandaren Monk
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    (´・ω・`)
    Posts
    1,761
    Quote Originally Posted by personn5 View Post
    So, I'm getting close to 3150 IP and trying to find a champion to get.
    I've been wanting to try lux, but been holding out until she goes F2P for a week until I buy her. I prefer casters/ranged but I do like melee too (Riven, Tyrn, liked Sion and Nasus when I got to try them).
    Enjoy support but also like being able to nuke too. Could buy one at 3150 or keep saving for a 6300 champ, but by then I'd probably just go buy one with RP instead.
    SO! Suggest away!
    You've left things pretty open by saying that you enjoy every role.

    I wouldn't wait for Lux to be F2P if I were you. I've never seen her F2P since I started playing in October. I'm pretty subpar with skillshots so I'm not a huge fan of Lux's playstyle, but if you can make skillshots work then she's definitely worth a try. I mostly bought her because she's a reference to a character from Touhou, to be honest, although I don't regret it.

  5. #1145
    Epic! personn5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    US, Mississippi
    Posts
    1,746
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaitoc View Post
    You've left things pretty open by saying that you enjoy every role.
    Yeah...sorta thought that after I posted. Should really try to find one role to "main" in and stick with it.

    I wouldn't wait for Lux to be F2P if I were you. I've never seen her F2P since I started playing in October. I'm pretty subpar with skillshots so I'm not a huge fan of Lux's playstyle, but if you can make skillshots work then she's definitely worth a try. I mostly bought her because she's a reference to a character from Touhou, to be honest, although I don't regret it.
    For the most part I'm decent with skillshots. I'll probably hold out until tuesday for one last rotation, if she's not in it then I'll buy her.

  6. #1146
    I am Murloc! Grading's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Myouren Temple
    Posts
    5,357
    It's a shame that Heimerdinger is considered "useless". He was my favorite champion when I started LoL. Sucked when they removed his 3rd turret. I still find him fun, but he feels very lacking.

  7. #1147
    Get good with Blitz and you'll be one of the best champs

  8. #1148
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaitoc View Post
    They don't "hardcounter" Riven, or just about every team comp would "hardcounter" her. LoL really isn't a game of hard counters.


    The thing with the snares is that it prevents both her Q and her E, which both have a full movement animation. I'm just saying if you have a team with snares (morgana for example), you can shut down her damage output immediately. Most rivens won't survive a burst especially when they can't use their 400 hp shield (hence the snare).

    And is it just me or do ppl just wanna play tankriven?

    Many thanks to Darknstormy for this awesome signature

  9. #1149
    Elemental Lord Duilliath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Moonglade
    Posts
    8,201
    Quote Originally Posted by Swiftero View Post
    It's a shame that Heimerdinger is considered "useless". He was my favorite champion when I started LoL. Sucked when they removed his 3rd turret. I still find him fun, but he feels very lacking.
    He's not bad. He's just extremely situational. He tends to push lanes by design, is squishy and has not much in the way of escapes. He farms like a boss though and has a completely unique ability in all of LoL.

  10. #1150
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Croatia
    Posts
    110
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaitoc View Post
    He's a bad champion. There's a reason you never see him except in troll games. I might put him slightly above Eve tier, but he's firmly Xin tier of worthless.
    He's a bad champion in your hands. Explain me, how Xin is worthless? Ill do it for you!

    He has super low sustain in jungle with his passive, as its worthless! Than, he comes to lane, charges and slows with one skill, but that's not good enough as its worthless. (Red buff procs in meantime!) Now its time for worthless knock up. And that's on lvl 2 which is, worthless.
    Than he goes back to jungle, as he didn't menage to gank, because, hes worthless.

    Then comes late game when he "falls off". He can't charge and knock up carry anymore, he can't do 15% of max hp(reduced by MR) and gain crazy amount of defensive stats for 6 seconds (25+number of champions hited*13). Hes just plain worthless!
    Its not that he has almost identical ganking tools as Maokai, and hes "god tier".

    I get it now, I wont play him ever again, and I advise to all of you, never again play him!

    And you "might" put him slightly above Eve tier? lol
    You are one of those sheep that just follow. There are no "bad" champions. Only bad players that make them look bad.

    @Duilliath
    Good description, but he can use his turret to ward one side, and real ward to ward the other. And when melee is closing on you, you can predict movement and possibly stun them or blind them, if they try to avoid, they will loose time on it and you will be under tower.
    How many other ap mids have escape mechanism?
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Do we join the demons to fight the titans? One can dream.

  11. #1151
    Elemental Lord Duilliath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Moonglade
    Posts
    8,201
    Quite a few actually, or another way round it.

    Ryze has his snare. So does Morgana. LeBlanc and Kassadin have their blink, so does Ahri once she hits level 6. Anivea has her wall and egg. Cassiopeia has increased movement speed, a slow and a stun/slow. Brand and Annie have (not-so-reliable in terms of being available) stuns.

    --

    As to Xin: he's not worthless in the sense that he can't do anything. It's quite simply that he's outclassed in his job by a lot of other champions. There's better candidates for top lane, there's better candidates for jungle. They clear faster, have better sustain or ganks or simply do not fall off late game. That doesn't make Xin bad, that makes other champions better.

    Note that Xin Zhao is actually getting a remake (as mentioned by Solcrushed a few days ago).
    Last edited by Duilliath; 2012-04-15 at 10:46 AM.

  12. #1152
    Pandaren Monk Kurdiern's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    CA-LI-FORNIA GIRLS, I'M IRRESISTABLE!
    Posts
    1,849
    Quote Originally Posted by s3ki View Post
    He's a bad champion in your hands. Explain me, how Xin is worthless? Ill do it for you!

    He has super low sustain in jungle with his passive, as its worthless! Than, he comes to lane, charges and slows with one skill, but that's not good enough as its worthless. (Red buff procs in meantime!) Now its time for worthless knock up. And that's on lvl 2 which is, worthless.
    Than he goes back to jungle, as he didn't menage to gank, because, hes worthless.

    Then comes late game when he "falls off". He can't charge and knock up carry anymore, he can't do 15% of max hp(reduced by MR) and gain crazy amount of defensive stats for 6 seconds (25+number of champions hited*13). Hes just plain worthless!
    Its not that he has almost identical ganking tools as Maokai, and hes "god tier".

    I get it now, I wont play him ever again, and I advise to all of you, never again play him!

    And you "might" put him slightly above Eve tier? lol
    You are one of those sheep that just follow. There are no "bad" champions. Only bad players that make them look bad.

    @Duilliath
    Good description, but he can use his turret to ward one side, and real ward to ward the other. And when melee is closing on you, you can predict movement and possibly stun them or blind them, if they try to avoid, they will loose time on it and you will be under tower.
    How many other ap mids have escape mechanism?
    His jungle clear time is slow and he is like Pantheon in the fact he relies on ganks primarily, which is never really a good choice. He has the problem of not being able to go true bruiser since he has to pick either Tanky or Damage, he can't really pull of both at the same time. Why pick Xin Zhao when I can pick one of the other 10 better top lane/jungle options? Riot nerfed him solely because of his low ELO stomping abilities, a mistake they have admitted and are helping by giving him a few buffs soon.

  13. #1153
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Croatia
    Posts
    110
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    Quite a few actually, or another way round it.

    Ryze has his snare. So does Morgana. LeBlanc and Kassadin have their blink, so does Ahri once she hits level 6. Anivea has her wall and egg. Cassiopeia has increased movement speed, a slow and a stun/slow. Brand and Annie have (not-so-reliable in terms of being available) stuns.

    --

    As to Xin: he's not worthless in the sense that he can't do anything. It's quite simply that he's outclassed in his job by a lot of other champions. There's better candidates for top lane, there's better candidates for jungle. They clear faster, have better sustain or ganks or simply do not fall off late game. That doesn't make Xin bad, that makes other champions better.

    Note that Xin Zhao is actually getting a remake (as mentioned by Solcrushed a few days ago).
    I like your way of expressing, especially underlined part.
    Except Leblanc and Kassadin, with pure flash skills, Heimerdinger has pretty much same "escape" skills as other ap mid?
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Do we join the demons to fight the titans? One can dream.

  14. #1154
    Looking for another top lane/jungler. I have been playing mostly top lane right now, as I'm not yet lvl20 to have all my runes in place. I currently own Gangplank for this role, and have done well with him (and was considering XinZhou until I read this thread lol). Nocturn looks like an option for me, but is pretty pricey so I'm hesitant to buy him without testing. Fiddlesticks looks like a good jungler and is on sale, but can he do any other jobs effectively (especially important b/c I don't think I'm high enough level to jungle)?

    Heros I definitely don't like: Ahri. I enjoy skillshots (Morgana is my defacto mid), but for some reason not a big fan of her. I like to be able to widdle away at people, and then get the kill myself. Don't really like just darting in and finishing people off (which is what she kinda feels like when I've played her).

    Thanks!

  15. #1155
    shyvana udyr leesin. all good top and junfles

  16. #1156
    The Patient ZerOKami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    334
    What about a tank to start tanking and one to look forward to master afterwards?

  17. #1157
    singed is always good. tanks are kinda falling by the way side. with a beefy jungle and a bruiser top you dont really need a full fledged tank

  18. #1158
    High Overlord AppleBobApple's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Nostalgia Zone
    Posts
    154
    Guys who should I buy Ziggs or Viktor for mage pusher?
    I have tried Ziggs and liked his playstyle. But I have watched vids on Viktor and he looks good to.
    Help me decide and thx in advance.

  19. #1159
    I am Murloc! Grading's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Myouren Temple
    Posts
    5,357
    I would go with Ziggs, personally. He's just plain fun, and you can nuke people from afar with his ulti. Although Viktor's slow/stun is mighty awesome in team fights.

  20. #1160
    Pandaren Monk
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    (´・ω・`)
    Posts
    1,761
    Quote Originally Posted by Swiftero View Post
    I would go with Ziggs, personally. He's just plain fun, and you can nuke people from afar with his ulti. Although Viktor's slow/stun is mighty awesome in team fights.
    I think that Viktor is really underrated, but Ziggs is even better. The only downside to Ziggs is that he's a real glass cannon, Viktor can be fairly tanky.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •