I'm addicted to playing GP5 non-farm support in bottom lane.

I have Sona (my personal favorite,) Soraka, Janna (I haven't played her very much), Taric, Nunu, and Alistar. I enjoy all of them in varying degrees, and it's by far my favorite role to fill.

My question is this:

Am I missing anyone to fill that same niche (bottom lane non-farming support)?
    I'm hesitant to pick up support champions that would need to take farm from the carry.

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post

I have Sona (my personal favorite,) Soraka, Janna (I haven't played her very much), Taric, Nunu, and Alistar. I enjoy all of them in varying degrees, and it's by far my favorite role to fill.

My question is this:

I'm hesitant to pick up support champions that would need to take farm from the carry.
    Lulu possibly leona also

10+ Year Old Account
    Thinking of either Xin Zhao or Nidalee.

Thanks all for the responses. I'll be getting her once the sale starts.

Quote Originally Posted by Retror View Post
    Lulu possibly leona also
    Oh, I totally forgot about Lulu, since she's so new. Thanks for the reminder! xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Axethor View Post
    Thinking of either Xin Zhao or Nidalee.
    Xin's underpowered at the moment, so unless you REALLY want to BE A MAN with Xin or are lacking in melee champions, Nidalee would be the better choice since she can do more.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Even thou Xin is not the strongest champion he is still pretty fun if you get REALLY fed aside from that AD nidalee is also a fun champ. ( I havent played Hybrid or AP Nidalee Much but spearing somebody for half there health is great) Nidalee is not in a great place though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaitoc View Post
    I'm considering getting either Shyvana or Udyr, primarily for jungling. Does anyone have a strong argument for or argainst either choice?
    Shyvana has got no CC... Udyr has got that stun and the movement from bear stance is sick too..

Shyvana is really fun though and if you pick up Exhaust you should be going the right way...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post

My question is this:

I'm the same exact way. I love support, its my main position in our organized 5s team.

However, I would suggest mastering Janna. TBH, her and Nunu are pretty much all you need...although I do love Sona as well.

The key to support is making sure your bottom lane wins exchanges and eventually snowballs. Both Nunu and Janna are amazing at this.

I used to play SupportCrank (blitz) all the time. Like you said, though...without a bit of farm he feels a little less effective than other supports.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Deleted
    I have a problem, should I buy Ahri or Xerath?

I haven't tested Xerath yet but what I have seen it looks very nice and good for my gameplay
    But now I tested Ahri on this weeks free championship rotation and she is very fun to play.

Deleted
    Are Hecarim and Fiora fun? Thinking about buying one of them.

Deleted
    Ahri is ridiciously fun to play imo. One of the most fun nuke/chaser heroes that you can get. She got great synergy in her spells and she can get out of control real fast.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tranmet View Post

I haven't tested Xerath yet but what I have seen it looks very nice and good for my gameplay
    But now I tested Ahri on this weeks free championship rotation and she is very fun to play.
    My vote goes to Ahri...her insane mobility makes her much more viable for competitive play.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

10+ Year Old Account

Both are viable. Ahri is more commonly used. Xerath has the potential to be good, but he's very risky and people don't want to put the time in to learn him. Honestly I would say Ahri, I just enjoy her much more (I have both).

@ Plat

Fiora is fun. She isn't a top tier pick at all, but she can do decent in enough matchups. Her late game is hilariously strong though. No idea about Hecarim.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Platinus View Post
    Imo Hecarim is a lot of fun, I love to jungle on him. To be honest I'm just BAFFLED why Stonewall put him on tier 2 for the moment, after Warwick. He basically jungles faster, has better ganks (though a WW ulti is free kill most of the time), has awesome initiation etc. But well, he's only released for a week so ...

Neverp layed Fiora, most aren't that good imo as she isn't to hard to counter. Her ulti is quite irritating though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Platinus View Post
    Fiora with tiamats is definitely hilarious, though you'll probably get raged at... out of the two for normal play I'd say Hecarim is more fun.

Deleted

Ahri is a snowballer, she is insanely strong after lvl 6. Just one early kill can lead to so much more.

She is great all game long and she doesn´t actually have to get fed to do well.

I´m thinking of buying Riven, I´ve tried her and she seems fun but I have some questions regarding her,

1. How is her jungling? Are her ganks good, and does she need to get early kills as jungler to be useful?

2. Is she good overall without snowballing/getting fed early?

3. Which build is better: Dorans-BT-GA or the tankier standard bruiser builds? (In laning and jungling).

Deleted

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Trollspwn View Post
    Ahri is a snowballer, she is insanely strong after lvl 6. Just one early kill can lead to so much more.

She is great all game long and she doesn´t actually have to get fed to do well.

I´m thinking of buying Riven, I´ve tried her and she seems fun but I have some questions regarding her,

1. How is her jungling? Are her ganks good, and does she need to get early kills as jungler to be useful?

3. Which build is better: Dorans-BT-GA or the tankier standard bruiser builds? (In laning and jungling).
    i can answer this

1. Her jungling is very hit and miss. if you don't have a strong leash you will need to go for cloth armor and health pots start which severely limits your clear speed and your ganking potential. however you can go dorans blade/boots start with a team that knows the kinds of problems a riven jungle has when starting. when ganking with riven you need to secure that early kill or you suffer exensively because of it due to no sustain power of her own. but if you do get that early kill you can snowball out of control and become a jungler that melts any and all squishies.

2. without getting fed early, your reliance is on your ability to interupt with W and remain in peoples faces lowering their HP for the R finisher and protecting squishies.

3. i can't honestly say which builds work the best because they are all situational. observe the enemy team and see what they have and what you can do to best counter play them. for example. if you're getting alot of free farm, dominating your lane and not in danger of death, you can go for a BT. but if you're having a tough time in lane you may need to go for a Wriggles / Brutaliser route.

hope this helps

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollspwn View Post

1. I do not recommend jungling Riven. If you're going to jungle, pick something else. Her ganks and clear speed are mediocre at best.

2. If you get plenty of farm, you'll be dangerous even without getting any kills. Her ult's execute can easily take people by surprise. This is why I would strongly advise putting her top and not jungling, she needs all of that farm. She's an item-dependent bruiser.

3. I've seen both work before, but it does depend a little on how much you're getting focused. Personally I would opt for the offensive route. Her AD ratios are quite strong, and AD increasing her shield amount does give you a little more freedom to build damage. You'll still want some tankiness, of course.

15+ Year Old Account
    When playing Riven, I always get GA eventually. Sometimes early, sometimes very late...but usually as my 4th major item. Following Westrice is never a bad thing.

Boots
    BT
    FM
    IE
    GA

Win.
    Last edited by Toxigen; 2012-04-26 at 02:38 PM.