Deleted
    So, having spent a ton of IP on champs I don't really play that much, I'm looking to find a couple of champs that are versatile enough to fit a couple of roles and fit my playstyle well enough that I can play them almost exclusively. Hopefully that'll mean I can both get good with them, and know them well enough that I can focus on my mechanics, the map etc. I have an idea on what champs these two will end up being, but would like to see other opinions.

First one - ability to poke/farm well, can play any lane (so some sustain), good mobility and teamfight presence.
    Second - Don't like playing 0 CS sustain support like Soraka/Sona, so looking for a more aggressive/unorthodox supporty character with heavy disruption for kill lane/teamfights, though flexibility is also good.

Champs I currently own are:

Ashe, Akali, Kayle, Morgana, Poppy, Udyr, Pantheon, Taric, Annie, Ryze, Tristana, Yi, Karma. First 5 are the ones I play most often.

10+ Year Old Account
    1) Kennen
    2) Alistar, Blitzcrank, Nunu, Poppy (!), Sion

1st one definetely kennen, maybe twisted fate, though twisted fate AD is kind of meh imo.
    2nd one it really depends on you, there's a lot of champion combinatons which can work out well if u wanna be aggressive at bottom, I've seen stuff like Ryze, Morgana and even Kennen work, maybe you want to try Nidalee or Zilean, Nidalee can heal but also can be very aggressive with spears, Zilean can be agressive with bombs and his speed/slow, also, his ult is pretty damn good. Besides that the ones Duilliath mentioned are good choices too.

Deleted
    Guess that's Kennen sorted, thanks guys. That was the one I was thinking of.

As for the second one, I actually have Nunu and play him a lot with Kog, dunno how I forgot. Will try Nidalee while she's free this week. Also have Lux (derp) who I use a fair bit in that role. Never had much success with Morgana/Ryze and didn't think of Poppy. The ones I was considering were Nautilus (who can jungle too, which is a bonus) and Blitz - never got on with Alistair.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Solmyr13 View Post
    For anyone looking for tanky/DPS I highly recommend Jarvan (or J4).
    The story of Jarvan.

Enjoy!
    Everytime I see a Jarvan, all I can think of is:

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daine View Post

First one - ability to poke/farm well, can play any lane (so some sustain), good mobility and teamfight presence.
    Second - Don't like playing 0 CS sustain support like Soraka/Sona, so looking for a more aggressive/unorthodox supporty character with heavy disruption for kill lane/teamfights, though flexibility is also good.

Champs I currently own are:

Ashe, Akali, Kayle, Morgana, Poppy, Udyr, Pantheon, Taric, Annie, Ryze, Tristana, Yi, Karma. First 5 are the ones I play most often.

1 - I wholly agree w/ Kennen, but could also try Sion (can go AD for jungle/top, AP for mid/bot kill lane).

2 - I saw you were thinking about Nautilus. This is a fantastic choice, as he makes for a good kill lane duo, can jungle, but is also a BEAST solo top that can trade with ANYONE and snowball just by maxing out his shield first. No other champ can trade like Nautilus. The only other support-ish champs you haven't covered are Leona and Blitzcrank. SupportCrank is amazingly fun, I highly recommend it. Leona...eh...I only play her when my buddy duo Qs with me and we do Lux / Leona bottom.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxigen View Post
    2 - I saw you were thinking about Nautilus. This is a fantastic choice, as he makes for a good kill lane duo, can jungle, but is also a BEAST solo top that can trade with ANYONE and snowball just by maxing out his shield first. No other champ can trade like Nautilus.
    I have to agree. I play Nautilus, but usually as a jungler. The few times I have played him solo top, I've been just as successful though. If you walk in with your shield up, they can either back off while you hit them a bit or attempt to trade with you, in which case they have to remove your shield before they do anything productive. He's also incredibly good at supporting jungle ganks, since he has so much cc. The only real downsides are that his damage is very low when his shield isn't up, and his mana is quite limited if you aren't good at managing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sidenote about Leona: Leona + Jarvan kill lane.

Just don't you ever dare play it against me, cos I seriously hate that crap.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaitoc View Post
    I have to agree. I play Nautilus, but usually as a jungler. The few times I have played him solo top, I've been just as successful though. If you walk in with your shield up, they can either back off while you hit them a bit or attempt to trade with you, in which case they have to remove your shield before they do anything productive. He's also incredibly good at supporting jungle ganks, since he has so much cc. The only real downsides are that his damage is very low when his shield isn't up, and his mana is quite limited if you aren't good at managing it.
    When Nautilus first came out...I saw a video of Rainman playing him top. He absolutely crushed a high ELO Tryndamere with such ease it was mind boggling.

So, I had to try it myself. I actually despise jungling with Nautilus...not sure why, I just can't make it work (probably because jungling is my weakest assignment).

But solo top? Holy hell is he stronk. Against typical bruisers up top, I just grab an early Glacial Shroud and laugh maniacally as they're constantly forced to call for jungle ganks or head back to base.

Still trying to figure out a decent core item build. The problem with going full AP is that his coefficients aren't fantastic and you become a bit squishy...I see way too many Nautilus players with Deathcaps...which I strongly believe is just flat out wrong. I've also seen him played as a straight up bruiser w/ Wriggles, Triforce, etc...which I'm just not sure is all that efficient either.

Just look at his role in team fights: soak damage, protect the carries.

I really enjoy rushing a philo stone as it aids greatly to his mana issues...I typically end up building something like this:

- Philo
    - Boots (usually Tabi, but Mercs if enemy comp requires)
    - Glacial Shroud
    - Rylai's
    - Kindlegem
    - Finish Frozen Heart
    - Finish Shurelyas

Final Core
    - Boots
    - Frozen Heart
    - Rylai's
    - Shurelyas
    - Banshee's Veil

So, how about that last item? More AP or just build against your opponents?

OR - with this new item you could go:

- Rush Chalice
    - Boots
    - Glacial Shroud
    - Finish Athene's Unholy Grail
    - Rylai's
    - Finish Frozen Heart
    - Banshee's Veil

Final Core
    - Boots
    - Athene's
    - Frozen Heart
    - Rylai's
    - Banshee's Veil

^^ That build sounds tempting. Can you imagine a spam-happy Nautilus up top w/ infinite shields?
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Deleted
    I was actually contemplating getting Naut... You guys are making me want him more!

Question is do I get Nidalee for AD top or Naut..? Hmm choices choices.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't forget Abyssal Sceptre and get the best of both worlds.

You -could- even consider Will of the Ancients, but I don't think that's a really strong pick, even with 2 'AP's like that. You could probably have your support be all happy about grabbing WotA for both you and your AP mid.

Deleted
    I never see Naut played and there didn't seem to be much fuss when he was released either (nothing like the Fiora hype), but his kit seems pretty awesome. No idea why that is. Pretty sure I'll end up grabbing him and Kennen, thanks for the feedback!

Quote Originally Posted by Solmyr13 View Post
    For anyone looking for tanky/DPS I highly recommend Jarvan (or J4).

He has great survivability and can overall turn the tide of a team fight. His E/Q knockup hitting all 5 people also does 3 things:

1. Knocks them all up, disabling for a second (channeled ults I'm looking at you).
    2. Provides your Party with Atk Speed and Armor
    3. Reduces the armor of all targets you hit.

Your AD carry suddenly is hitting targets with 26% less armor while they have around 20% more atk speed and armor. Plug numbers in and see how well that turns the tide. Not only that you can do a lot of damage with other champions with strong ults. Wukong spinning on 3 people? Ult on them so they can't run away from it. Nunu channeling in the bush? Trap 3 or 4 of them with him so the ult does maximum damage. His shield also blocks a decent chunk of damage when you hit 3 or 4 champions with it (upwards of 400 damage).

Decent build order while jungling:

Cloth Armor and health pots x5. Depending on how well you're doing...

Boots or finish Madreds.
    Boots then finish Wriggles. I get Berserker Greaves personally but it depends on if you're going more offtank or more damage based.
    Heart of Gold
    Wits End
    Frozen Mallet
    Atmas.

After that you have to judge the game. You can sell the wriggles for a warmogs or get some resist (thornmail/Force of Nature).
    I also think Quicksilver is amazing on him since he gets in your face so fast you're usually the target of SOME type of CC. Having a Jarvan immune to CC in your face smashing you gets scary fast.

His passive also requires a lot of target switching. Don't just focus the Cait, get a hit on the cait, then the annie and the support if you can. Don't forget to focus the target but still make use of his passive. 10% damage is nothing to scoff at it does apply the Frozen mallet slow if they're trying to chase.

For Runes, I usually do Armor Pen reds, Armor yellows and then it gets switched up:
    Blue can be either MR/level or CD/R per level, depending on how you play.
    Quints can be more Armor pen or Health, again depending on how you play. I personally run 25 Armor, 8.62% cdr at max level and 13 armor on my jarvan.

Finally, masteries I run 10/11/9, utilizing the duration buff in support, health/resistances in defense and Armor pen in Attack.

Overall Jarvan's a fantastic hero if you're looking for someone who can jungle or top solo. By starting with the armor/your E skill first, you also maximize your armo (64 at level one) for those AD carries who go top (looking at Riven or Fiora). Jarvan is a great duelist since his passive has a 6 second cooldown so feel free to just hit your opponent once or twice and run. Hitting with an E/Q combo and an auto can easily do about 25%-50% of someones life. Getting the early wriggles also gives you access to wards which allow you to ward areas while jungling or keep your lane warded if you're solo top.

Hope this helped! Any questions feel free to post them and I'll be happy to answer to them!

Edit: Forgot to note summoner skills: Always run Flash on him. I know that's sort of the cop out skill right now in LoL and EVERYONE runs it but a flash, Q/E combo into an ult can let you jump from one turret to another in a team fight VERY quickly. Your other skill differs; in the jungle you obviously run smite, but in the lane you can run Exhaust or Ignite really effectively. Exhaust lets you appear weak to your opponents: If you get First Blood or force your lane back and you're at half, laugh when the lee sin jumps on you only to be knocked up with your combo, take damage then get exhausted as you wreck his face in.

Honestly Jarvan's a fantastic hero. He does take a while to get used to but he's almost unstoppable. This song also does a great job of summing it all up:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLQa-pqkmKg

Enjoy!
    My main problem with jarvan is that when i'm chasing someone without a red buff or a slow, i can rarely use my EQ combo, because the range of the E is just not long enough to land it infront of the enemy hero so i can Q to it and knock him up. The nearest i can get to, is the exact same spot as the enemy hero, but obviously because hes running, by the time i Q, i will have missed him by abit.

Deleted
    Ahri or Lee Sin?

Deleted
    Yesterday I bought Khartus with the Pentakill skin, I already had sona with the pentakill skin and I guess sooner or later I will have all the band
    I tried Khartus as I don't have any MID and ppl told me he is really good but I played only 1 match so I need to practice him as atm I'm not really exhalted by him
    Tonight gonna buy a new skin for Janna and focus more on her as after I bought lulu, sona and karma I didn't play her much.

Morgana, I've noticed an amazing skin (see picture) should I buy her?

Deleted
    After watching Shyvana repeatedly wreck teams in nearly every competitive game, I think I'm going to end up getting her next.

Unless somebody can convince me that Shyvana is weak, that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Leaf01 View Post
    Ahri or Lee Sin?
    Apples or oranges?

You're comparing two very different things. Do you prefer to jungle or take mid? Do you prefer bruisers or mages? The only real similarity is that they're both reliant on skillshots.

Quote Originally Posted by bennyrosso View Post
    Yesterday I bought Khartus with the Pentakill skin, I already had sona with the pentakill skin and I guess sooner or later I will have all the band
    I tried Khartus as I don't have any MID and ppl told me he is really good but I played only 1 match so I need to practice him as atm I'm not really exhalted by him
    Tonight gonna buy a new skin for Janna and focus more on her as after I bought lulu, sona and karma I didn't play her much.

She's a very strong champion. Safe laning due to her shield, good farming with her pool, incredibly useful cc from her Q and ult. She's banned a lot in ranked though.

Quote Originally Posted by Leaf01 View Post
    Ahri or Lee Sin?
    Two totally different roles. Both very good at what they do. It's a tough choice. Choose depending on if you like AP mid (Ahri) or jungle (Lee Sin).

Quote Originally Posted by bennyrosso View Post

It's a nice skin, but just make sure you're actually going to play her... For example, I bought the Rugged skin for Garen, as that's the most badass skin for him (imo), but he didn't look as cool as I thought in-game and I never play Garen anymore anyway.

So just do it if you're going to play her. She is quite good, though.

What is a good 2v1 top champion? I'm playing in normals while leveling up, and its very common for one team to have a jungler and the other not to. A lot of times I have trouble 2v1, and lose a tower earlier than I'd like to. It seems like Vlad may have a good kit for dealing with 2v1? Any other thoughts that could be played well 2v1 or 1v1. Thanks!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Secant View Post
    What is a good 2v1 top champion? I'm playing in normals while leveling up, and its very common for one team to have a jungler and the other not to. A lot of times I have trouble 2v1, and lose a tower earlier than I'd like to. It seems like Vlad may have a good kit for dealing with 2v1? Any other thoughts that could be played well 2v1 or 1v1. Thanks!
    Yorick is pretty damn hard to kill even in a 1v2 situation.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Secant View Post
    Basically anything with good range, easy farming, or high sustain. These are normals, so I presume you can throw anything up top and make it work.

Vlad
    Swain
    Rumble
    Morgana
    Yorick
    Irelia
    Mundo
    Volibear
    Singed
    Caitlyn
    Nautilus?
    Sion
    Fiddle

I guess in 1 v 2 situations you just build defensive w/ lots of pots and regen items so you aren't being forced back every 2 minutes.
    Last edited by Toxigen; 2012-05-04 at 05:26 PM.