Quote Originally Posted by Reluctant View Post
    Looking to get a new fun mage. Have a hard time picking between Ahri, victor or Orianna they all look intersting to me.
    Well, out of those, Ahri is probably the most solid one, and is used pretty often. Both Viktor and Orianna's got some nifty utility, but their ways of doing damage is kind of weird. Just depends if you like sending metal balls at people or cutting people with lasers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reluctant View Post
    Looking to get a new fun mage. Have a hard time picking between Ahri, victor or Orianna they all look intersting to me.
    Orianna requires heavy micro management and knowledge of the game. I wouldn´t recommend getting her if you aren´t already very experienced in mid lane and you can hit your skill shots. I´ve never played vs Viktor so I´m not sure about that. Just go with Ahri I guess.

Deleted
    Hey guys,

Is kennen still good enough and worth a buy?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes. 67890

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Equilibrioception View Post
    @ Duiliath

Yep, mid lane. I actually tried both Talon and Kog'maw on their free week and I liked them a lot. But it was just normals and I usually AD Kog'd too, although I saw AP Kogs just omnomnoming people so that's why I wondered. Talon needs AP top, doesn't he? Is Mordekaiser up top enough to put Talon on mid?

I personally really dislike top lane. It's forever alone realm and usually when I'm there I'm reduced to farming while bot and mid are having fun :P

Hm, Vladimir makes me wonder - in a recent game, at level 1 or 2, his transfusion was taking 1/3 of my HP. I was absolutely defenseless. Why is that people say he is a weak mid? Because they do. A lot. I just googled some random topics and most of them said 'pass on vlad. overnerfed'.

Whom can Swain shut down from the common mids? I don't go top-lane in out little team, someone else does so Darius isn't really my problem (but mashed his face SO BAD on Morde he insisted on just banning the thing every game ;P).

Karthus I remember being fun to play, but also oh so tasty when it came to ganking. I kept dying to everything. That made me stop playing him on free week ;P Actually whenever I see Karthus in line today, I just harass him relentlessly and go for kills. Not to mention if there's a jungler nearby. He just can't escape Ahri or Lux and my harass range seems longer. Maybe just bad Karthuses. I don't know how a good Karthus plays, to be honest.

Hm, thanks for input on Brand. I guess I may just skip him if he's similar enough to those two.

Thank you for your post in general too, but I still don't know what to buy now haha ;D
    Talon needs squishy targets he can bully w/silence and his burst. He has no sustain so he needs to push or bully them out.

He's a better top, but still can be played Mid. I prefer him top since pool lets him be very safe in a dangerous lane, and his sustain and harass does very well against a lot of typical tops. He has a very weak 1-5 since the CD on Transfuse is very high, most AP mids can take advantage of this. A transfuse won;t take 1/3rd of your health though, you're exaggerating.

Swain shuts down sustained damage. His Raven form lets him trade well since he heals off nearly any damage. He destroys Mordekaiser so hard. Ulti & Dot damage tear apart Mordekaisers shield. I don't play him though, my friend does.

Karthus has a weak early game and can be bullied by nearly everyone. He's a monster late game, wall and run into them with defile while placing Q's. SO much damage.

Disagree on Brand. I have Cass, Ahri, TF, Annie, Lux, Morg, Ryze, Xerath, and Morde for mid. I still pick Brand very often. He's a strong pick as long as you are able to manage your positioning. Lots of damage and his combo is VERY quick to get off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't say that Brand was a bad choice - he's not. I just feel it'd be a better idea to branch out a bit more with his roster. He has high damage mages, but no Mana-less mages, for example. Of the ones he listed, only Morde and probably Ryze would do well on top and Kennen, Swain & Vlad all three can take top or mid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurdiern View Post
    Talon needs squishy targets he can bully w/silence and his burst. He has no sustain so he needs to push or bully them out.

He's a better top, but still can be played Mid. I prefer him top since pool lets him be very safe in a dangerous lane, and his sustain and harass does very well against a lot of typical tops. He has a very weak 1-5 since the CD on Transfuse is very high, most AP mids can take advantage of this. A transfuse won;t take 1/3rd of your health though, you're exaggerating.

Swain shuts down sustained damage. His Raven form lets him trade well since he heals off nearly any damage. He destroys Mordekaiser so hard. Ulti & Dot damage tear apart Mordekaisers shield. I don't play him though, my friend does.

Karthus has a weak early game and can be bullied by nearly everyone. He's a monster late game, wall and run into them with defile while placing Q's. SO much damage.

Disagree on Brand. I have Cass, Ahri, TF, Annie, Lux, Morg, Ryze, Xerath, and Morde for mid. I still pick Brand very often. He's a strong pick as long as you are able to manage your positioning. Lots of damage and his combo is VERY quick to get off.
    Talon really confuses me in general, it's like on one hand he's awesome, and then something goes wrong and he's useless for the rest of the game. I don't know if I need him to counter anything specific that can't be countered by some smaller risk champion.

He did, I swear he did take 1/3 of it :P I was all O.O when that happened haha. But. I didn't know about the CD. I should've just gone all out on my counter harass it seems, because he was defenseless and I just ran away. This should be helpful next time around.

Swain seems like something that could fit well in my rotation actually. The only question here is - what can he do that Ryze can't?

I guess I could get Karthus. He's pretty unique, but his gankability is pretty discouraging still.

Hm. Thanks for your reply

@ Duiliath, I don't really play top. But I guess I could take Swain to counter Darius and have an easy risk cause our jungler wants him and we have to ban him cause our top can't handle that. I don't like top, but diversity is diversity. All around people say Swain seems better than Vladimir nowadays.

Okay quick question since i'm in a dilemma. Got 1350 IP (spent the rest on runes since i hit 30 just some days ago). I totally wanna try out Jax. Is he worth the 1350 IP? Should I get him or will I just waste my time? Or maybe I should save IP for a better choice? I guess i'm mostly gonna solo top with him (i hate jungle). Already got Riven for solo top but i've heard good words about Jax too...

Any opinions?

Irelia would be a second choice but she costs like 3x his IP and I don't think she is so much stronger than Jax overall...

Jax is pretty damn good. As a rule of thumb, most of the cheap champions are good for one thing or another.

The only issue with Jax is that he has a slow start, but once you get items, or even some early kills, you can just snowball (aka. roll down the hill, get bigger, smash puny things) out of control and mush their faces to bits.

He's kind of "odd" though since he's a "hybrid", so he needs some AD and some AP. You can look at some guides to get a good idea what you should build on him, but things like Hextech Gunblade is just made for him.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Infernous View Post
    Okay quick question since i'm in a dilemma. Got 1350 IP (spent the rest on runes since i hit 30 just some days ago). I totally wanna try out Jax. Is he worth the 1350 IP? Should I get him or will I just waste my time? Or maybe I should save IP for a better choice? I guess i'm mostly gonna solo top with him (i hate jungle). Already got Riven for solo top but i've heard good words about Jax too...

Any opinions?

Irelia would be a second choice but she costs like 3x his IP and I don't think she is so much stronger than Jax overall...
    Jax just feels so dumb, you can be beating him with 15 CS and 2 kills, but when he reaches level 6 you really can´t match his damage. He will beat anyone in a sustained fight, while still having sick burst. If you manage to get 2-3 kills at a dragon fight with Jax the game might be over for the other team.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    Didn't say that Brand was a bad choice - he's not. I just feel it'd be a better idea to branch out a bit more with his roster. He has high damage mages, but no Mana-less mages, for example. Of the ones he listed, only Morde and probably Ryze would do well on top and Kennen, Swain & Vlad all three can take top or mid.
    Didn't see his current selection of champs. Just wanted to point out he's well worth the investment even if you have a good coverage of AP.

Quote Originally Posted by Infernous View Post

Any opinions?

Jax is fun. Good hero and really OP in TT

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, been playing Darius ALOT in his free week, and I've gotta say I'm loving him....

The question is, is it worth actually buying him? Just hit 30 and I wanna start doing Ranked, is he a worthwhile pick for solotop? I've spoken to some friends and heard mixed things, but while leveling I've been getting tank items on him, and after a slightly slow start he becomes an unkillable juggernaut of pwn , so is this just because I'm playing other noobs like myself, or is he ACTUALLY a good solotop champ
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Hmm, been playing Darius ALOT in his free week, and I've gotta say I'm loving him....

The question is, is it worth actually buying him? Just hit 30 and I wanna start doing Ranked, is he a worthwhile pick for solotop? I've spoken to some friends and heard mixed things, but while leveling I've been getting tank items on him, and after a slightly slow start he becomes an unkillable juggernaut of pwn , so is this just because I'm playing other noobs like myself, or is he ACTUALLY a good solotop champ
    Play a lot more before you try ranked. That's all I'm going to say really.

I want a top/jungle hero. I've narrowed it down to Fiora, Riven, Skarner, or Darius. Help me decide!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slammin Shaman View Post
    I want a top/jungle hero. I've narrowed it down to Fiora, Riven, Skarner, or Darius. Help me decide!
    Fiora - Situational. Better Top than Jungle.
    Riven - Strong and safe pick. Better top than jungle.
    Skarner - God tier jungle, alright top.
    Darius - Strong top, not as good as Riven, better than Fiora. Meh jungle.

Riven is probably the best choice out of those 3 for Top & Jungle combined.

Deleted
    Darius is continuously banned in low Elo rankeds and he will most likely get nerfed soon again (and possibly stop being banned in the process though). So I suggest taking that into account

10+ Year Old Account
    I am having trouble deciding between Blitzcrank and Shen. Blitzcrank looks fun when you can land those blind Rocket Grabs and completely wreck someone laning against you, but Shen was fun when I played him during a free week and Reign of Gaming put him at number one on the Brusier tier list, which surprised me because I didn't think he did that much damage. Thoughts on Shen's damage and opinions on which is funner anyone? Thanks in advance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is Leona a good choice for a tank? Also would she be solo top or bot? I would guess bot because of her passive but I'm not sure(I don't play ranked or anything only level 24)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by _Fire_ View Post
    Is Leona a good choice for a tank? Also would she be solo top or bot? I would guess bot because of her passive but I'm not sure(I don't play ranked or anything only level 24)
    Lackluster solo top, but can make a great kill-lane partner at bot.

Quote Originally Posted by Ispamx View Post
    I am having trouble deciding between Blitzcrank and Shen. Blitzcrank looks fun when you can land those blind Rocket Grabs and completely wreck someone laning against you, but Shen was fun when I played him during a free week and Reign of Gaming put him at number one on the Brusier tier list, which surprised me because I didn't think he did that much damage. Thoughts on Shen's damage and opinions on which is funner anyone? Thanks in advance.
    Blitzcrank in my mind would be the more fun choice as you can also setup kill-lanes at bot to get an advantage early.

And Shen's damage is not too shabby being a tank. He's high up in the bruiser (solo top) tier because he can sustain really well.
    Last edited by Thallidomaniac; 2012-06-12 at 04:09 AM.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II