10+ Year Old Account
    The ulti nerf was more to restrict AP kog a little more I thought. Since in a really late game situation they could sit there and hit R and they had enough mana regen to not really take too much of a dent in their mana bar. I never read their reasoning behind it though. I guess it does effect regular kog, but I always thought of the ulty as more of an ap kog tool.

It was indeed a nerf to AP Kog but with the amount of mana regen, blue buff, mana and Athenes, it's a negligible change. with Athenes, every time you kill/assist you get 12% mana back. The nerf doesn't hurt AP Kog as much as I have noticed. Before Athene's it does a little, but after that it doesn't matter and you won't be mad spamming R so early in the game anyways.

It did however, hurt AD Kog I believe. For me his ulti is his safeguard, allowing him to scout, doing the opposite of what AD carries with escapes do. Going to a place and getting out with escape if something bad happens, Kog goes to a place after scouting it with his ulti, like Ashe does with her bird. Besides this, I used his ulti to cause problems for enemy AD and AP carry during team fights, forcing them to reposition all the time and loosing out on damage, even killing them sometimes. With the change, I find my self restricting the use of the ulti because sometimes you loose track of how long ago you used it last. If I spam it a bit, I loose out mana very quickly and unlike AP Kog, I don't regen as fast.

The change didn't kill AD Kog for me, I don't think anything will, but it's an annoying change. Riot wanted to nerf AP Kog but ended up overnerfing AD Kog by mistake.

Both Kogs are very viable. Donno if the latest nerf to other AD carries will make AD Kog a bit more popular, hardly see any Kogs now, besides me and I have been using Tris more in solo que because of how safe she is compared to Kog and she is pretty much as fun as Kog, not playing mid a lot these days, but if I do I pick Ryze or Zyra mostly.

Speaking of scouting. I think Riot should add vision for Varus' Q making it his scouting ability. It's very important on carries with no escapes. I believe his E reveals targets, but the range it not good enough to be his scouter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Culnar
    Sometimes people act like blizzard is their friend who betrayed them and now they're pissed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulpei View Post
    Actually the backlash from pandas is because alot of the people didn't grow up.

Deleted
    I'm thinking about buying Gragas since he's a strong tanky ap carry, as shown in the tournaments as well. However, did the recent nerf affect this position or is he still going strong?

My guess is that he's still strong enough because afaik most of his damage comes from his barrels. A nerfed body slam only means that it's a bit harder to set up a gank for your jungler. But I want to be sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gragas is one of my fave APs.

Far as I'm concerned, the nerfs did very little damage. You should be fine on your mana so the mana increase to body slam isn't that big a deal unless you were wasteful with it anyway. The Ult CD hurts. A bit. But in all honesty, by the time teamfights happened, a lot of times I was already holding back on it for that awesome displacement. It brought him down a bit in terms of 1v1 and ganking, which was very strong for him.

Not saying you won't feel the nerfs, but he's definitely a good pick still.

Deleted
    Just hard to decide, got almost 6.3k, Fizz or Ahri?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamanox View Post
    ahri is free to play this week (in eu) pick her and play some (more games) and you will know if she suits you

Teemo next for me I think! Need some alternative tops and alternative supports for anti meta.
    RETH

Deleted
    I think Ahri is the safer choice. I personally like Fizz better though (playstyle)

10+ Year Old Account
    Fizz is a melee AP assassin, while Ahri is a somewhat high mobility spell caster. As someone said, ahri is free this week, so go ahead and play some games on her. Fizz is quite fun and does a lot of damage though. If you've played other assassins, he will click pretty quickly.

I would personally go for Ahri. I think she is a lot safer of a pick and if she starts to get ahead it's really hard to shut her down.

Deleted
    thanks for the suggestions

Deleted
    So I was looking forward to buying Rumble today but just realised Syndra is coming out (most likely) on Thursday.

I like Rumble's gameplay and I miss some top champs to fill my roster but the thing is I adore playing high level ap mid casters (hence why I play Orianna most of the time)and Syndra seems to be one of those so here I am now unαble to decide which one to get. :/ Any suggestions on who should I pick up?

On a different note is there any viable and mostly fun mid champ you guys enjoy and I don't own yet?(that's most likely as I miss quite a few of them.)The ap mid carries I currently have are; zyra,ahri,cassio,morgana,swain,ori,karthus,diana,lux,tf,ryze
    Last edited by mmoc7d8151e4f7; 2012-09-01 at 06:30 PM.

Just fyi, Rumble works in mid too. He has the disadvantage of being melee, but he's pretty decent anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't have Gragas. Go go remedy that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by That one guy View Post
    So I was looking forward to buying Rumble today but just realised Syndra is coming out (most likely) on Thursday.

I like Rumble's gameplay and I miss some top champs to fill my roster but the thing is I adore playing high level ap mid casters (hence why I play Orianna most of the time)and Syndra seems to be one of those so here I am now unαble to decide which one to get. :/ Any suggestions on who should I pick up?

On a different note is there any viable and mostly fun mid champ you guys enjoy and I don't own yet?(that's most likely as I miss quite a few of them.)The ap mid carries I currently have are; zyra,ahri,cassio,morgana,swain,ori,karthus,diana,lux,tf,ryze
    You have a good mid selection, only thing would be Gragas I guess.

I'm enjoying Anivia a lot more these days as well.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anivia is a boss. I knew froggen would agree. (if you don't know, he's rather famous for his anivia)

Deleted
    Thanks for your info guys,picked up Gragas afterall when I realised I didn't own him yet ^^Will prob get Anivia aswell as she is on sale atm.

What about Galio btw?He happens to be on sale too and thinking of buying him aswell...:P

Edit:Oh and I am aware of Froggen,seen him doing amazing stuff with Anivia and that's a serious factor on why I am interested on this champ to be firmly honest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gargas is a great choice for mid in my opinion,
    now to my question I am thinking of picking up Hecarim I know he is a viable jungler but Im interested if attack speed runes are effective on him and how fun is he in general.My favourite jungler is currently Skarner and some people say that the play styles are similar is that true?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMayor View Post
    now to my question I am thinking of picking up Hecarim I know he is a viable jungler but Im interested if attack speed runes are effective on him and how fun is he in general.My favourite jungler is currently Skarner and some people say that the play styles are similar is that true?
    Similar clear wise, not so much gank and initiation wise. I've been running ArmPen on Hecarim lately and he just tears through people. When he came out I ran AS, but after watching Stonewalls latest team battle Hecarim and switching over, I can say from experience that ArmPen is better.

10+ Year Old Account
    I will just tell you guys that Rumble is worth it if you are a top player. Very hard to play initially, in fact it's really not easy to learn him or his ultimate in your first few games but give it 20+ games and he is so good in the top lane.

Also a great 3v3 champion too.
    Hey everyone

Quote Originally Posted by MrMayor View Post
    Hecarim's playstyle is nothing like Skarner. His game progress style is similar to Skarner. Just like Skarner, he is weak early games but scales very well with levels and . Hecarim is extremely fun and provides a lot CC and damage. I donno about AS runes, never played him that much, so can't give an honest opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Culnar
    Sometimes people act like blizzard is their friend who betrayed them and now they're pissed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulpei View Post
    Actually the backlash from pandas is because alot of the people didn't grow up.