After playing Annie relgiously for how many levels, i seem to have forgotten to play outside that playstyle. I'm still kinda new but when i was learning, i did ok with the free champions, nowadays i try a free champion and feel so lost. Are there any champions that play like annie? I seem to do ok with lux, probably gonna try her out more this week since shes free.

Somebody needs to buy galio and then purchase his Commando skin.
    It is the funniest skin in-game and I have yet to see anybody with it.

15+ Year Old Account
    So I just hit 20 and bought full AP / Magic Penetration Tier 3 runes because my best toons are Morgana, Soraka, and Malzhar. But I also like to try new summoners pretty frequently (and I'm addicted to buying them) - are there any good AP melee toons I could play with? (I can't find one) Or do I need to buy a whole new set of AD runes for like 10k IP to play melee toons effectively?
    Last edited by Yvaelle; 2012-09-05 at 03:42 AM.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SkillOverKill View Post
    So I just hit 20 and bought full AP / Magic Penetration Tier 3 runes because my best toons are Morgana, Soraka, and Malzhar. But I also like to try new summoners pretty frequently (and I'm addicted to buying them) - are there any good AP melee toons I could play with? (I can't find one) Or do I need to buy a whole new set of AD runes for like 10k IP to play melee toons effectively?
    For AP melee, I think Diana is your best bet. Rumble is a close range mage, and Malphite can be built ap, but I think you are looking at diana. Or fizz, he is also an ap melee assassin. Or for that matter, katarina and akali too. Though I think Diana is the most meleey of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rumble, Katarina, and Diana are all good right now for melee AP characters. However, unless your laning as Diana, they all use pages which differ slightly from the standard AP page. Rumble and Kat do not use mana, so you will need new seals. For Rumble I use Armor and Kat I use AP/lvl. Since Rumble is more of a tanky mage, I run MR/lvl glyphs on him. Diana can use a standard AP page, but that's only in lane. In the jungle I use AS reds and Armor seals.

Galio can be played as full AP and still do well, though he is more of a niche pick that builds MR to counter AP heavy teams.
    Evelynn can be built full AP, but she is still weak right now.
    Kassadin is melee AP, but he is always banned in Draft and ranked.
    Gragas is a strong Melee AP whole is becoming more popular with his use in recent tournaments.
    AP Yi if you feel like playing a useless gimick.
    AP Warwick is pretty good as well, though he is built more bruiser than full AP.
    Fizz, crazy AP assassin.

So Maokai just took a cut to his IP cost. I have just enough to pick him up. I've played him during free weeks and I like him -- but I've always played him as AP or a tank. People tell me he's supposed to be in the jungle. Am I completely missing the point of the character? I know AP is kind of lulzy -- I was just enjoying pitching saplings at people.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

15+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the info both of you

Quote Originally Posted by Axethor View Post
    Rumble, Katarina, and Diana are all good right now for melee AP characters. However, unless your laning as Diana, they all use pages which differ slightly from the standard AP page. Rumble and Kat do not use mana, so you will need new seals. For Rumble I use Armor and Kat I use AP/lvl. Since Rumble is more of a tanky mage, I run MR/lvl glyphs on him. Diana can use a standard AP page, but that's only in lane. In the jungle I use AS reds and Armor seals.

Galio can be played as full AP and still do well, though he is more of a niche pick that builds MR to counter AP heavy teams.
    Evelynn can be built full AP, but she is still weak right now.
    Kassadin is melee AP, but he is always banned in Draft and ranked.
    Gragas is a strong Melee AP whole is becoming more popular with his use in recent tournaments.
    AP Yi if you feel like playing a useless gimick.
    AP Warwick is pretty good as well, though he is built more bruiser than full AP.
    Fizz, crazy AP assassin.

I don't have any mana runes in my build, just straight AP and Magic Penetration - so I should be fine for Katarina (which is what I think I'm going to go with).

Evelynn is actually one of my favourite heroes (but yes she's still a little underpowered) - but since the redesign like 2 of her abilities don't scale AP and the other two scale equally with AD or AP - but of course stacking AD helps her melee damage as well (and her steroid is now Attack Speed) - so I've been AD building Evelynn since the redesign everytime, I don't really consider her AP capable anymore - which is a shame

I looked up guides for Katarina though and she seems like exactly what I'm looking for

(Alternately Akali seems cool too)
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently AP Eve mid works well enough that people can still hit plat playing nothing but her. She just takes more effort than traditional mages.

--

And yes, Maokai is supposed to be in the jungle. Or botlane if you're doing Dominion. He has great ganks and good harass and can screw Shaco over no end.

Deleted
    I had a Maokai solo top yesterday who did surprisingly well against .. DARIUSSSSSSS.

Another game I had a rengar Solo top who had about 3 kill on Darius in less then 10 minutes, was 3 levels higher at some point and still managed to lose lane and letDarius steamroll our team.

10+ Year Old Account
    I looked up guides for Katarina though and she seems like exactly what I'm looking for

(Alternately Akali seems cool too)
    I almost put Akali up there, but she is played hybrid and needs her own rune page. AD marks, Armor or hp/lvl seals (I use hp/lvl), AP/lvl glyphs, flat AP quints.

---------- Post added 2012-09-05 at 10:01 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    I had a Maokai solo top yesterday who did surprisingly well against .. DARIUSSSSSSS.

Another game I had a rengar Solo top who had about 3 kill on Darius in less then 10 minutes, was 3 levels higher at some point and still managed to lose lane and letDarius steamroll our team.
    I've seen so many ban Darius players this week. It's really sad.

Deleted
    If you dont have any of the following for these roles I recommend them:

Top: Jayce (Good against most tops and a hell of a lot of fun to play)
    Mid: Gragas (Sexy guy, tehee, fun, powerful champion)
    Jungle: Maokai (HE IS THE JUNGLE)
    Carry: Graves (TSM Chaox approves)
    Support: Sona (Such a chilled out champion with suprising burst and epic team fight carrying ulti)

15+ Year Old Account
    Sona is definitely my top support to pair with any ADC, Nunu being my go-to when I have a Kog/Vayne.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love nunu, especially when I play vayne. Blood boil is just soo good. We had ours in the jungle, rather than in the lane so I really only got the buff in team fights or in ganks, but it still helps so much.

Though, I had some ridiculing my build on vayne (though I went 15-2-x ) so I'm not too worried about my build, but I want some other opinions. First off the lanes were taric/cait v janna/vayne.

Went boots x3, into double dorans, zerker greaves, vamp scepter on the first recall, then Black Cleaver, then PD. After that we were kind of ahead so I knew I wasn't going to have time to stack a BT so I picked up Executioners calling. Then IE, then I was going for GA but we finished before I had a chance to finish it.

so, boots x3 > dorans x2 > zerker greaves > vamp scepter > BC > PD > Executioner's calling > IE > GA

so what do you guys think? Combined with nunu and janna, this kind of made me a monster in the mid game. Gobs of AS and a huge AD steroid when I hit my ult and received the shield. To me, it seems to be one of the cheapest ways to maximize vayne's damage in the mid game. The Exc is gonna fall off because it doesn't give you and AD compared to a bloodthirster, but for 1350g it is so, so good for the stats it gives you.

10+ Year Old Account
    150 gives you better stats and once you pop more than 2 wards, better value for your money.

EC is very situational, but pretty much never on an AD carry. It can shut down some high sustain lanes on top.

Even BC is a toss up already. Might be a good buy, might end up biting you in the rear.

Quote Originally Posted by Isrozzis View Post
    I love nunu, especially when I play vayne. Blood boil is just soo good. We had ours in the jungle, rather than in the lane so I really only got the buff in team fights or in ganks, but it still helps so much.
    I was in a game once, where I ended up supporting the AD carry. I don't remember who we were initially, but she ended up going Vayne right before lock-in, and I told her "Aww damn, if I knew you were going Vayne, I'd have gone Nunu!"

Her response: "Don't worry, I don't need attack speed"

wat

10+ Year Old Account
    Nunu is there for the late game scaling. Vayne already has plenty of that and enough innate steroids, so unlike Ashe or Cait the bloodboil isn't needed. Her W is overrated anyway, when playing with Nunu as Vayne all he does is help me last hit better. Much prefer laning with a Taric or Ali.

I was thinking more about early game, where Blood Boil lets her do more damage and position herself better (due to movement speed), but I guess Taric/Ali CC is better for her.

Deleted
    Vayne is just terribad in early laning so you´ll have to take that into consideration when you pick. Nunu is really good with vayne anyways, while vayne has enough endgame damage, she does scale the best with bloodboil out of all the carrys,

10+ Year Old Account
    Blood boil on Vayne is quite nice. She already scales nicely off of AS because of her W, so blood boil us just a nice extra.

She doesn't need it as much as cait of mf, but it gives her a lot of extra damage. And Night Hunter with blood boil basically ensures that you can chase anything.

I'm lv 14, and don't have many champions yet. I have almost 6300 IP points, so I can buy anything. So far I have Ashe, Ryze, Tryndamere, Warwick, Master Yi. My favourite is tryndamere, followed by ryze and ashe, and then warwick and master yi are my least favourites. I have thought about fiddlesticks, shen, darius, rengar, diana, talon, kassadin (the latter 5 I have tested), but well, can't really decide. And there are so many interesting champs beyond those....

What would be a good addition, based on those I already have? It doesn't have to be the ones I mentioned. Something fun, something viable and powerful. Oh, and I don't really like the aesthetics of "fluffy" champs like teemo or nuno, or whatever their names are...