lux, shen, udyr, sona, or gangplank. Just hit 3150 ip and out of the 3150 champs I don't have unlocked those 5 seem the most interesting to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on what you want to do. They have completely different roles.

--

For Mundo, I'm a fan of the spellvamp Quints. It really makes a difference.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Binge View Post
    I might have to give it ago.. more worryed about letting the team down i guess ;x
    eh you have to learn somehow. I lost a lot of games as a jungler before I figured out what I was supposed to do.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cousinjemima View Post
    lux, shen, udyr, sona, or gangplank. Just hit 3150 ip and out of the 3150 champs I don't have unlocked those 5 seem the most interesting to me.
    Do you play ranked? What role are you looking to fill?

Shen is almost always banned.

Udyr is a god-tier jungler and is very strong top lane.

GP is a really strong top lane pick, and his map presence w/ the ultimate can win your team fights and you don't even have to be there.

Sona is 100% support, and is my "go-to" for that role.

Lux...I can't comment really...just has always felt rather "meh" to me...I'd rather have a really good Cassio / Grag / Anivia / Orianna / Morgana. She's 100% skill shots and its really hard to line up your shield spell to make it effective.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Gangplank is a great champion, worth trying out, just flat out FUN. Shen is unkillable but ALWAYS banned in rankeds.
    (Im not good at/don't have the rest so I wont comment on them, Im thinking of getting Lux as well)

Quote Originally Posted by cousinjemima View Post
    I actually own all of those but Shen and don't really have that many champions (like 20).

Lux is one of my favorites though she suffers because she is similar to Morganna with more range, but without the aoe stun ult, passive spell vamp, and shield that makes you immune to crowd control. The laser is fun as heck though, if people don't know how to sidestep it.

Udyr is the one I've most recently bought because I was trying to learn jungling. He's mean, but he always felt like he needed a gap closer rather than just the speed boost from bear. He does great damage for clearing the jungle and is decent enough at ganking and like another person said, turtle gives you great sustain.

Sona is pretty much the easiest character I've played. She is hard to master because you have to time your power cords, but right out of the box, you get about 95 percent of her power by twisting your auras. A ranged support with an aoe stun is pretty rare. Your heal is a smart one too which is nice most of the time. One of my favorite supports, though I still think I like Soraka a bit more.

Gangplank is one man killing machine. He's great at farming and gets extra gold if he uses his parley to take down missions. He can remove crowd control with his heal and sustain himself against harass at the same time. He also is great at raking in assists and securing kills with his ult, but it makes you have to watch the whole map to use it. The thing I like most about him is he can basically do anything. You can be solo top pretty well. I've seen support GP's go bottom and basically snare and harass for the carry. If he gets fed enough, he can carry decently. I've done mid with him and use the heal to sustain myself against champs with more range and bully them with parley. He's not the best at any one thing, but you can really do alot with him. Jack of all trades definitely is useful when someone else is lacking on your team.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by StNimrod View Post
    Gangplank is a great champion, worth trying out, just flat out FUN. Shen is unkillable but ALWAYS banned in rankeds.
    (Im not good at/don't have the rest so I wont comment on them, Im thinking of getting Lux as well)
    I think I am going to need to get Gangplank, he is the only top lane champion I am missing and I have no idea how he actually works apart from crit makes one of his abilities amazing? Not sure.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by samhazza View Post
    I think I am going to need to get Gangplank, he is the only top lane champion I am missing and I have no idea how he actually works apart from crit makes one of his abilities amazing? Not sure.
    Back in the day, GP used to go mid lane and build full crit.

Nowadays, he's a tanky bruiser for top lane. Atmog's used to be the go-to core for him, but I really like going early Wriggle's when facing an AD for early sustain and the free ward, boots best for your matchup (although lucidity is always a good option, unless your lane is extremely difficult and requires more defense), and then phage, atma's, hexdrinker, finish frozen mallet, finish maw of malmortious. It's a fantastic combination.

An early chalice isn't a bad item against tough AP matchups.

The days of "Critplank" builds are over. Aside from your Q, you really need to be in the thick of it to be effective.

edit: I use my standard AD carry rune page (AD reds, armor yellows, MR/level blues, AD quints). 21 offense all down the left side of three (the physical stuff), rather undecided on where the other 9 points really should be going. I like the mana regen out of the utility tree, and tend to pick that up w/ the 20% increased buff duration.
    Last edited by Toxigen; 2012-09-13 at 01:15 PM.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Deleted
    Oh XP runes GP, thou art sorely missed.

Gangplank is very fun champ as I said, his Parrrley dominates squishies in the game (50% hp in one shot? Sure!) Ulti helps great deal, and his skill set is damn good.
    He's one tough motherf****

Deleted
    So, i'm working on getting two champs i'm absolutely solid with for every role, and as many as i can for my main role(support) by the time I level to 30(i'm 23 now)
    I tend to like auto-attack based champs, and im not TOO bothered whether they're "viable" or considered a "troll pick". I just want to be able to play them in a game and contribute/not lose the game for the team.

Top: Warwick, Darius, Mundo
    Jungle: Warwick, Shaco, Nunu, Udyr
    AP Carry Mid: Annie, Teemo**
    AD Carry Bot: Tristana, Vayne
    Support Bot: Sona, Blitzcrank, Alistar, Nunu, Soraka

Currently Own & Confident With.
    Own but still unfamiliar.
    Thinking of buying.
    **Wasn't really sure where to put teemo under... but i'd be building him AS/AP hybrid, so I assume that falls under "AP carry", however i'd be most likely playing bot as him I assume.
    Can anyone see any reasons as to why buying these would be a bad idea?

Edit:ty, changed to an orange instead of yellow :P
    Last edited by mmoce7a0623b54; 2012-09-14 at 07:57 AM.

Just a tip Adt, you should change that yellow colored text, it's kinda hard to read and way too bright. Try something darker.

10+ Year Old Account
    lol GP. Farm and be useless for 20 minutes until you get the shit ton of items you need to be a threat.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adt View Post
    So, i'm working on getting two champs i'm absolutely solid with for every role, and as many as i can for my main role(support) by the time I level to 30(i'm 23 now)
    I tend to like auto-attack based champs, and im not TOO bothered whether they're "viable" or considered a "troll pick". I just want to be able to play them in a game and contribute/not lose the game for the team.

Top: Warwick, Darius, Mundo
    Jungle: Warwick, Shaco, Nunu, Udyr
    AP Carry Mid: Annie, Teemo**
    AD Carry Bot: Tristana, Vayne
    Support Bot: Sona, Blitzcrank, Alistar, Nunu, Soraka

Currently Own & Confident With.
    Own but still unfamiliar.
    Thinking of buying.
    **Wasn't really sure where to put teemo under... but i'd be building him AS/AP hybrid, so I assume that falls under "AP carry", however i'd be most likely playing bot as him I assume.
    Can anyone see any reasons as to why buying these would be a bad idea?
    Top: Riven, Cho'Gath (free this week), or Jayce
    Jungle: Amumu, Hecarim, Malphite (he banned a lot, but if you get first pick definitely pick him up (he's also fun to pick up if other team tries to be clever and pick Talon, early Frozen Heart and Zhonya's, have fun Talon!)) or Udyr
    AP: Ahri, TF, or Cho'Gath
    AD: Vayne is great, also Corki and Ezreal
    Support: All the "great" supports get banned regularly (Blitz/Alistar) Soraka, Taric, or Sona is good

Cho'Gath is incredibly strong, and can fill multiple roles (top, mid, jungle) and have multiple styles (tank, ap, hybrid (as/ap or tank/ap)). His knockup is fairly quick and his 3s silence is deadly, coupled with his ult at lvl 3 is 650 true damage, great for nomnoming on a carry. His passive also gives him one of the highest sustains.

Edit: Nasus can also be a super strong pick, but is a very situational Top pick. If their jungler/top is almost pure AD, can be very strong stacking armor and with a very high sustain. Tabai + Frozen Heart + Tri Force and 250-300+ Q stacked is gg, chunking carries all day everyday.

Another Edit: Just remembered Leona, 2 stuns one of which is a slow if missed (still good), a root, and +armor/MR ability. Fucking hate Leona.
    Last edited by Todgruppe; 2012-09-13 at 10:15 PM.
    "Oh, wretched ephemeral race, children of chance and misery, why do you compel me to tell you what it would be more expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is utterly beyond your reach; not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. But the second best for you is --- to die soon." Silenus

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurdiern View Post
    lol GP. Farm and be useless for 20 minutes until you get the shit ton of items you need to be a threat.
    Don't hate on the bankplank.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post
    Don't hate on the bankplank.
    Triple GP/10 + lucidity poots for parrrley farming goodness.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxigen View Post
    Triple GP/10 + lucidity poots for parrrley farming goodness.
    Triple? Sissy. Quadgold or get outta my game.

10+ Year Old Account
    With GP10 runes!

Deleted

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaitoc View Post
    I love this one so much