Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    When you counterpick yourself you lose the lane for your team before the game even started, possibly causing your entire team to lose by being inflexible and bad. If you see nothing wrong with that I've nothing else to say.
    Not necessarily, bad players can be outplayed.
    Not really. That's called bias, you see yourself as far better than you actually are and the opposite for others. If you start the game with assumption "Well, I have AD runes on Karthus but whatever, I'm better than him so I'll win" YOU WILL LOSE... unless unbelievably lucky.
    You can call it bias or arrogance or whatever you want but if you don't want to believe that I'm far better than the people I play against then that's cool with me, it's not like your opinion changes the facts of the situation.
    You're good at being a smartass. If only you were as good at coherent replies...
    Happ, kul för dig.
    That's simply wrong. All those times when you won the lanes but lost the teamfights? Yep, that's the bad team composition showing.
    Unless you're doing something wildly wrong like 3 AD carry team, winning the lane means winning the teamfight unless the game is close which, as I said, never happens in lowskill games.

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    3) I didn't talk or mean the gear at all in LFG from wow, I meant I don't ninja items in LFG, main reason I don't test weird builds like AD lux in LoL games, if I want to test something I go AI game, I have over 300ai game I always try a champion in AI game first and even few games until I set on his best runes/items, I don't test him in game where I may ruin 4 other people's time because I'm selfish bastard
    I still fail to see how this is relevant. Unless you're awful, you will not be worse than the people you play with/against when you start out.

15+ Year Old Account
    That's simply wrong. All those times when you won the lanes but lost the teamfights? Yep, that's the bad team composition showing.
    Hardly. I don't mean to burst your bubble, but team composition doesn't matter at all until 1800+ ELO. It really comes down to positioning and map control, not team comp.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxigen View Post
    Hardly. I don't mean to burst your bubble, but team composition doesn't matter at all until 1800+ ELO. It really comes down to positioning and map control, not team comp.
    Team comp helps a lot, but it's no excuse until players are good enough to make a team comp work. I would say a little lower than that.

Deleted
    Guys, guys, GUYS!

Could you please get back on topic? People are bitching over one another and talking about WoW stuff -- this is the LoL "What champ should I buy" thread.

:S

10+ Year Old Account
    Well what champion I should buy last ? I hate Jarvan/Jayce/Karma/MF/Poppy/Trundle/Viktor/Xerath
    Which one of them I should buy last in order ?
    I know it is weird question but the topic name is what champion should I buy, no mention of "first or last or now or later"
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

10+ Year Old Account
    Last? Probably Viktor or Xerath.

Okay. I instabought Kha'Zix and loved him. I'm approaching 6300 IP and eyeing Rengar; is it worth it? If I liked Kha, will I love Rengar?
    "English doesn't so much borrow words from other languages as follows them into a dark alley, hits them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose vocabulary."

Deleted
    Which champion I should buy from these: Gragas, Xin or Blitz.
    I kind of play on all lanes (jungling not so much) and I'm very fond of variety though when doing 5v5 premades with friends I'm often top or support.

Also, I am trying to learn about jungling more and would like to have more variety on that as well but so far I am stuck with Hecarim because he is only one I have jungled with so any recommended jungler champions I should start out with? (prefer fighter > tank)

For starting jungling? If you're comfortable with how to do it due to Hecarim, you can skip Warwick. Jax is an amazing jungler and very cheap. Kha'zix is not cheap but is OP and AMAZING fun. Fiddlesticks is great if you can nail his playstyle (I never could). If you're looking for a strong, cheap, easy and fighter-ey jungler, then go for Jax.
    "English doesn't so much borrow words from other languages as follows them into a dark alley, hits them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose vocabulary."

10+ Year Old Account
    @Duilliath
    Yeah I didn't buy Xerath when he had like 90% rp price reduced (only time I see a champ that cheap ever), he may end as last on list, they said they will change his passive so far nothing yet, Kogmaw still way better than him as artillery ranged mage
    @PMMigey
    Rengar is a lot tankier than Kha'zik, some consider him even OP, he is totally worth 6300ip and his ulti is very good to gank, better team fighter than Kha'zik too and deadly ganks after lvl6
    @The Tsundere Lover
    If you prefer top or support, then don't buy Gragas, he might work top, but I can name 10champs better top than him, Xin for top, Blitz for support
    I'd go for Blitz, a must for anyone who want to test support, the hero hold the record of most CC champ in game with 3 interrupts
    For jungling, first do you need assassin type, ap type, bruiser type or tanky type? You didn't specify anything
    AP : Fiddle/Diana
    assassin: Kha'zik/Nocturne/Fiora/Tryndamere (has very slow jungle however, not recommended)/Shaco(strongest jungler start, also he falls off late game)
    bruiser (tanky dps): Udyr/Lee Sin (has high skill cap, not recommended)/Riven (not that good)/Skarner (one of top junglers in game now)
    tanks: Volibear/Amumu/Nautilus/Malphite/Moaki

please not that is a rough guide, you can build Malphite as AP and jungle, however Malphite suits the team better as Tank imo, he counters AD carry easily, some can argue that assassins can be bruisers, or bruisers can be assassins, it still depend on item built, but while Nocturne can be built tanky, his spells turn toward being assassin much better

Since you prefer fighter I'd go for Skarner/Rengar they both are fighters and can jungle very well
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Deleted
    Geez so many options =S. I seek more of a bruiser or assasin jungler because I lack most tanks but otherwise own most of those you ppl recommended except for Rengar and Jax. So from bruisers which jungler would be good, I sadly miss skarner although he is one I am going to buy soon™.

10+ Year Old Account
    Olaf. Jax. Darius.

Probably three best bruiser junglers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    Olaf. Jax. Darius.

Probably three best bruiser junglers.
    Nocturne, Lee, Shyvana?

Honestly aslong as you have a basic rune page just go ahead and try ranked if you feel ready. If you are too inexperienced it´s ok because that is what matchmaking is for and the worst thing that can happen is you end up in low ELO. Counterpicking is completely irrelevant at low ELO anyways.
    Last edited by mmoc704a8b6868; 2012-10-12 at 09:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Balleny View Post
    why shouldnt i play ranked? got full runes, masterys set up and enough exp.
    Because you don't have multiple rune setups, nor are you likely to have enough champions to counter-pick or avoid being counter-picked, or to avoid the champions you're "good" with being banned. I may be wrong, admittedly - I avoid ranked games myself simply because I don't feel comfortable going in without having at least two "good" champs in every role. And right now I really only manage ADC and support with that. What happens if I'm forced, because of picking last, to be the jungle? The role I'm currently least comfortable/experienced at?

Sure, I could just deal with it - man up, lose some games, get outplayed. But I'd rather not be put into that kind of situation. Don't want to contribute to the group of unskilled players in ranked games that people like to bitch about.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-10-12 at 09:29 PM.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Tsundere Lover View Post
    Geez so many options =S. I seek more of a bruiser or assasin jungler because I lack most tanks but otherwise own most of those you ppl recommended except for Rengar and Jax. So from bruisers which jungler would be good, I sadly miss skarner although he is one I am going to buy soon™.
    Screw all other junglers and buy Skarner. So much fun. My favorite jungler. 2 GP 10 and wit's end, plus a sheen if I'm ahead, and your nigh unkillable. You also kill anything and everything that gets in range unless they have like 3 escapes.

If you must have more of a fighter though, Darius, Jax, and Lee Sin are all awesome. Olaf is good but he negatively snowballs HARD, so you have to have a good game on him and not lose first blue. Shyvana is another fantastic choice and probably who I would recommend the most. Very tanky with her ult and just deals punishing amounts of damage. Fastest safe clear as well (Mundo is faster but not as safe).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Because you don't have multiple rune setups, nor are you likely to have enough champions to counter-pick or avoid being counter-picked, or to avoid the champions you're "good" with being banned. I may be wrong, admittedly - I avoid ranked games myself simply because I don't feel comfortable going in without having at least two "good" champs in every role. And right now I really only manage ADC and support with that. What happens if I'm forced, because of picking last, to be the jungle? The role I'm currently least comfortable/experienced at?

Sure, I could just deal with it - man up, lose some games, get outplayed. But I'd rather not be put into that kind of situation. Don't want to contribute to the group of unskilled players in ranked games that people like to bitch about.
    think i got enough champs for everything except adc: top: morde, sion, (poppy), cho, (kayle) -- mid: morg, (morde), veigar, (cho), ryze, gragas -- support: blitz, taeric, soraka, nunu, alistar -- jungle: shyvana, sion, nunu, alistar, only adc lacking with corki, kog and sivir, but there are always people want to play adc.

for example last game, as corki with a taeric support always staying behind me and if stunning, he stunned soraka (attacked soraka but ignored varus), on top of that a ww jungle feeding by "counterjungling" 10 times he visit enemy jungle, died 10 times to it (13 deaths to him @ overall, and zero ganks bot). so pls dont tell me that i am not experienced enough for this low ranked elo where you lose 90% the games cause of a retard (or a retard bot premade).

b2t topic:
    sona, pantheon, olaf, mundo or orianna - and cath or mf - which would you recomment to fill my setup (i wrote it on top if you started reading from behind)

10+ Year Old Account
    If anyone is in the low ELO section in ranked... Do yourself a favor and try to avoid buying tanky junglers over carry ones. Carry junglers will help you out more at lower ELO's. From my experience of being down there, you want junglers like Shaco, Lee Sin, Jax (I still find Jax amazing regardless), etc. Teams can't coordinate as well lower down there from my findings and a tanky jungler really just doesn't cut it. Yes they are for the most part usually better but it's the pubstomp theory. Just pick your gank happy junglers.
    Hey everyone

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxigen View Post
    Except when it's an AOE comp...AOE kills pubs.

Deleted
    I'm wondering how is the item overhaul going to affect support role. In dominion Lulu is currently broken OP, but in SR, it seems she struggles in mid 40's in win percentage.
    I like playing her, but wondering if I should get her on second account (want to be on more regions :d)

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't recommend Lee Sin to new people, he isn't a recommended champion for sure
    Thrall