10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Balleny View Post
    for example last game, as corki with a taeric support always staying behind me and if stunning, he stunned soraka (attacked soraka but ignored varus), on top of that a ww jungle feeding by "counterjungling" 10 times he visit enemy jungle, died 10 times to it (13 deaths to him @ overall, and zero ganks bot). so pls dont tell me that i am not experienced enough for this low ranked elo where you lose 90% the games cause of a retard (or a retard bot premade).
    And next game you win because that idiot is on the other team. Except then you don't notice and think you carried so hard. Huzzah for human bias.

This anecdotal evidence is exactly -why- you are in low Elo. You place the blame elsewhere, instead of looking what you can improve upon. Does that mean you could've carried the game? Maybe not. You won't win them all. As long as you win more than you lose, you go up. Even so, if Warwick kept giving up kills, you could've hunted down the jungler, maybe helped out with a ward or two. If you really were as awesome as you said, you'd be up 5-6 kills and finish your TF by the 15minute mark.

//edit: This red thread might be of relevance
    Last edited by Duilliath; 2012-10-13 at 09:36 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duronos View Post
    If anyone is in the low ELO section in ranked... Do yourself a favor and try to avoid buying tanky junglers over carry ones. Carry junglers will help you out more at lower ELO's. From my experience of being down there, you want junglers like Shaco, Lee Sin, Jax (I still find Jax amazing regardless), etc. Teams can't coordinate as well lower down there from my findings and a tanky jungler really just doesn't cut it. Yes they are for the most part usually better but it's the pubstomp theory. Just pick your gank happy junglers.
    Also known as Pantheon Jungle really.

Deleted
    what do you think about dr. Mundo?

Deleted
    If you saw S2 WC finals, you would have no doubts he is still great.

Mundo is 1350 for quite good thing, if being the big resilient dude is for you. There is a thing that you slow has to be hit, but it's very fast, so it shouldn't be any big problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mundo is one of hardest champions to die, however he has no hard cc (just slow) and can be ignored very easily in team fights and kill his teammates and save him last, however he is very tough that he can clear up at end
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IgorDUDE View Post
    what do you think about dr. Mundo?
    Mundo is pretty awesome. His early jungle is really really fast, but he takes a lot of damage. After he gets out of the early game he just breezes through the jungle. His ganks are strong if you land a cleaver. Otherwise they don't really do that much. If you have red buff and a cleaver, they are going to have to flash probably.

He becomes very tanky mid to late game since you don't have to build damage on him. And his ult regens a lot of health. Ignite is really frustrating on him, but you just have to deal with it. You can build a QSS (that does remove ignite right?) but imo it's not usually worth it. It's better for them to focus you with cd's and summoners than for them to hit your carries.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    And next game you win because that idiot is on the other team. Except then you don't notice and think you carried so hard. Huzzah for human bias.

This anecdotal evidence is exactly -why- you are in low Elo. You place the blame elsewhere, instead of looking what you can improve upon. Does that mean you could've carried the game? Maybe not. You won't win them all. As long as you win more than you lose, you go up. Even so, if Warwick kept giving up kills, you could've hunted down the jungler, maybe helped out with a ward or two. If you really were as awesome as you said, you'd be up 5-6 kills and finish your TF by the 15minute mark.

//edit: This red thread might be of relevance
    This is exactly what people fail to understand. There is no way that you are losing 90% of games JUST because of your team being stupid. The "stupid people" must be evenly spread. With a small sample size, you may find that your team is worse but the only way to beat that is to play A LOT. This is why I tell people that, if you care about ELO, don't do ranked until you know that you will win your lane all the time.

sona, pantheon, olaf, mundo or orianna - and cath or mf - which would you recomment to fill my setup (i wrote it on top if you started reading from behind)
    It really comes down to what role you like playing the most or just play a lot of in general.

If you play a lot of support. Sona is definitely a champion that you should get and learn. Her Aura utility is good along with her poke early game.

Other than that I would go with Mundo, He is the fastest jungle clearer, and can just be a terror throughout the game once he get going.

Deleted
    Best buys at the moment:

Top: Jayce/Shen/Rengar/Malphite/
    Middle: Eve/Orianna/Karthus
    Bottom AD: Ezreal/Corki/Graves
    Bottom Supp: Blitz/Taric/Leona
    Jungle: Maokai/Amumu/Skarner

All in my opinion

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StylesClashv3 View Post
    Best buys at the moment:

Top: Jayce/Shen/Rengar/Malphite/
    Middle: Eve/Orianna/Karthus
    Bottom AD: Ezreal/Corki/Graves
    Bottom Supp: Blitz/Taric/Leona
    Jungle: Maokai/Amumu/Skarner

All in my opinion

The man, the myth, the legend....returns!

The only champs I would add to that list would be Sona (support), Nunu (jungle/support), Irelia (top), and Anivia (mid).

I'm assuming we're talking about SoloQ here...
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Balleny View Post
    why shouldnt i play ranked? got full runes, masterys set up and enough exp.
    If you play ranked you'll use the famous "elo hell excuse" when you cant get above 1300 and all, dont do it, play atleast up to 500 wins.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Paintank View Post
    If you play ranked you'll use the famous "elo hell excuse" when you cant get above 1300 and all, dont do it, play atleast up to 500 wins.
    Sometimes I wonder why people on MMOC are this ridiculously ridiculous.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post
    Sometimes I wonder why people on MMOC are this ridiculously ridiculous.
    Yeah, I'm not sure you can use a specific number of wins as a prerequisite before hopping into ranked.

I think there is a sound general philosophy in playing normals at 30 until you feel confident in your ability to carry most games from a number of lane positions. For some, this may be 200 wins...its entirely dependent on the individual.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxigen View Post
    The man, the myth, the legend....returns!

The only champs I would add to that list would be Sona (support), Nunu (jungle/support), Irelia (top), and Anivia (mid).

I'm assuming we're talking about SoloQ here...
    Ya, this was just a generic "what I see pick/banned every game" :P

Well, I guess I'll post this here for some ideas as to who to buy.

I'm still relatively new to League, one of my roommates managed to get me into it. Only level 13, so I don't have full runes/masteries yet, and I usually play with a premade group of friends (Sometimes a full group, other times with two other friends). The friends don't play on Smurf accounts, so I'm often in a group with a couple of level 30s, so I'm assuming that makes things a little more challenging for me.

The role I'm usually made to take is Solo Top, which I don't mind. I like solo top. However, we usually face so many teams that don't have a jungle, that I'm often left 1v2. While this doesn't really bother me, I'm really just looking for some suggestions as to who would be best for that role since most teams we run into don't really follow the meta.

The first solo-top champ I bought was Wukong, because I liked the concept behind him, his appearance and his moves. However, when I'm 2v1 with him, it just seems like I can't poke as well as they can and our jungle often has to come to help me a little too much. It also seems like I can't get alot of cs when I have no decent poke. It gets to the point in some games that I just feel like I'm completely useless, and I can't stand that feeling.

So, my main question is if there are any better champions for solo top in 1v2 scenarios? My friends have suggested champs such as Vlad or Jayce, but I'm open to any good top-champion at this point.

Deleted
    Olaf with maxxed Axes is good in 1v2 situations

Jayce can clear well as well

10+ Year Old Account
    Jayce, Olaf, Darius, and Nidalee can all do well in 1v2 situations.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Astralli View Post
    Well, I guess I'll post this here for some ideas as to who to buy.

I'm still relatively new to League, one of my roommates managed to get me into it. Only level 13, so I don't have full runes/masteries yet, and I usually play with a premade group of friends (Sometimes a full group, other times with two other friends). The friends don't play on Smurf accounts, so I'm often in a group with a couple of level 30s, so I'm assuming that makes things a little more challenging for me.

The role I'm usually made to take is Solo Top, which I don't mind. I like solo top. However, we usually face so many teams that don't have a jungle, that I'm often left 1v2. While this doesn't really bother me, I'm really just looking for some suggestions as to who would be best for that role since most teams we run into don't really follow the meta.

The first solo-top champ I bought was Wukong, because I liked the concept behind him, his appearance and his moves. However, when I'm 2v1 with him, it just seems like I can't poke as well as they can and our jungle often has to come to help me a little too much. It also seems like I can't get alot of cs when I have no decent poke. It gets to the point in some games that I just feel like I'm completely useless, and I can't stand that feeling.

So, my main question is if there are any better champions for solo top in 1v2 scenarios? My friends have suggested champs such as Vlad or Jayce, but I'm open to any good top-champion at this point.
    Nunu, Yorick, and Gangplank are all really good too for 1 v 2 situations...also, as a new player, they're incredibly easy "solo top" lane choices without many counters. They're extremely safe picks.

10+ Year Old Account
    In addition to the above, here's some other options:

Irelia is a bit weak early level, but can fairly easily farm under her turret with a few levels.

Jax just needs levels to start steamrolling things.

Yorick needs to grab a tear and then can quite easily hold himself against 2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who counter Jayce top?
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power