10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    Who counter Jayce top?
    nidalee, yorick and cho cho do the best against him imo. I've seen lee sin's do well also, but much less commonly.

The three that I mentioned can all out sustain him, which is kind of the trick to beating him. If you watched the s2 finals, then you would understand the nidalee pick more. Other champions can do well, but those are the best counters imo.

Deleted
    Add in Shen as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StylesClashv3 View Post
    Add in Shen as well.
    Hmm... shen is pretty much permabanned so i've never actually seen how one does against jayce in the lane. He does have decent sustain and a shield too. I could see how that works.

10+ Year Old Account
    My last Shen game in ranked was against a Jayce. He could not beat me early and later on I was just being Shen and not dying.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    Who counter Jayce top?
    I've been told that Irelia does well. I'm not so sure, but it might be worth a try.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone who has more than 2 Gap Closers/Heavy Ranged Damage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurdiern View Post
    Anyone who has more than 2 Gap Closers/Heavy Ranged Damage.
    I don't think anyone has more than 2 gap closers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaitoc View Post
    I don't think anyone has more than 2 gap closers.
    Bad phrasing. Multiple ways to close a distance/low CD gap closer, so once he knocks you back you can jump on his ass again.

After a few really bad matches with my main Leona @ lvl15, now 16, I decided to go back to on of the champions I once bought because they looked cool. Katarina. Back when I bought her, I was like, level 5, and quite frankly, I didn't know where to play her and how to play her very well, so it felt like a really bad deal. I've kept refunding her in my mind for a long period, but eventually decided not to.

I'm very happy that I didn't. I played her as AP Mid yesterday (which I think she is supposed to) and went up against an Ezreal (first match) and Annie (second match). I raped the Ezreal, the Annie was tricky, due to the stun(s), but I did manage to get most of the farm in the lane by not getting killed, so she couldn't really press that much. Eventually we lost that last match due to a bottom lane (?) Jayce that "played for the first time, but no worries, my friends Nunu will carry me" *Jayce has died*^8. People surrendered after 31 minutes and actually gave him as a reason, while I thought we were pretty evenly matched.

Back to my Katarina, I really love how she plays out. She has a great farm, she's very aggressive and has a very high damage potential if properly itemized. A constant threat, a jump in and jump out if you need. It's exactly the way I like to play on Leona. So yeah, loving it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    After a few really bad matches with my main Leona @ lvl15, now 16, I decided to go back to on of the champions I once bought because they looked cool. Katarina. Back when I bought her, I was like, level 5, and quite frankly, I didn't know where to play her and how to play her very well, so it felt like a really bad deal. I've kept refunding her in my mind for a long period, but eventually decided not to.

I'm very happy that I didn't. I played her as AP Mid yesterday (which I think she is supposed to) and went up against an Ezreal (first match) and Annie (second match). I raped the Ezreal, the Annie was tricky, due to the stun(s), but I did manage to get most of the farm in the lane by not getting killed, so she couldn't really press that much. Eventually we lost that last match due to a bottom lane (?) Jayce that "played for the first time, but no worries, my friends Nunu will carry me" *Jayce has died*^8. People surrendered after 31 minutes and actually gave him as a reason, while I thought we were pretty evenly matched.

Back to my Katarina, I really love how she plays out. She has a great farm, she's very aggressive and has a very high damage potential if properly itemized. A constant threat, a jump in and jump out if you need. It's exactly the way I like to play on Leona. So yeah, loving it.
    She was remade recently(!) so she's less reliant on her ultimate to be successful. Most people agree she's been changed for the better.

She has.

Though I still dislike CC-less AP mids, she's still a lot better than before. And really popular to boot.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just got enough IP to pick up either Skarner or Maokai, I've had a bit of experience with both of them but I'm still having trouble choosing which to buy. Nautaulis is also on the cards but Ive never caught him on a free week.

My only decent junglers atm are Malphite and Shen. I have Udyr and hate him. Other toons I play are Leona, Mordekaiser and Swain.

Who to buy :-(

Quote Originally Posted by StylesClashv3 View Post
    She was remade recently(!) so she's less reliant on her ultimate to be successful. Most people agree she's been changed for the better.
    I actually just had a conversation about that, a friend of mine plays a little longer and personally feels she used to be better. Apparently due to the fact that her Q used to be a finisher rather than an initiator, if I'm explaining this right. Regardless, I like her this way ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd suggest Maokai. Biggest reason: they're both very good, strong junglers, but Maokai has a new skin upcoming for Halloween, which you might want to pick up. Buying him now gives you that opportunity at least.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    I'd suggest Maokai. Biggest reason: they're both very good, strong junglers, but Maokai has a new skin upcoming for Halloween, which you might want to pick up. Buying him now gives you that opportunity at least.
    Maokai gives more early game pressure on lanes. Both are the tanky gold per 5 route who can use Swiftness boots. To go further on what Dulliath said, they are both strong, but whereas Maokai shines Early-mid, Skarner becomes unstoppable late game with the right build. For both however, Oracles is core pre 10 mins.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah... Saw that Halloween skin. I like Totemic a lot too. I was leaning Skarner cause he seems a little more like the toons I already have but I'm aware of tthr power of Mao.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whichever you pick, they're both a good choice.

Deleted
    Yup, ALTHOUGH, I read a Red saying that the new remade jungle is going to be so that tanky gold/5 stackers won't be as strong.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope that they go back to the former jungle roles a bit more. Farmer, Control & Ganker. That'd give both Skarner and Maokai solid roles still. Additionally, I think both are accepted by Riot as Jungler, meaning they will try to make sure they fit in the new jungle.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    I hope that they go back to the former jungle roles a bit more. Farmer, Control & Ganker. That'd give both Skarner and Maokai solid roles still. Additionally, I think both are accepted by Riot as Jungler, meaning they will try to make sure they fit in the new jungle.
    They'll fit, but whether they will be top? I dunno, I can see more Udyr/Fiddle coming back