1. #2841
    I don't know what it is...but I cannot get myself to play MF (or Varus for that matter).

    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    "Elo Hell is where the Ego is greater than the Elo." -Bystekhilcar

  2. #2842
    MF is legit. Get the enemy team crunched together and its over.

  3. #2843
    For me MF seems to be way too OP (not saying it is OP, just feels cheap doing it). The autoattack enhancer is huge, and that double attack is crazy as well. Don't get how is the AE attack useful early for anything, and to me it seems something almost safe to skip under some circumstances.

    I still think that Twitch is at the moment kind of pinnacle of AD art, can't wait for his visual remake. And he reminds me C&C generals so much :d.

  4. #2844
    Who is the best support for Varus? Include any champions that can successfully support, not ones that can support but shouldn't. Also no Blitz. He is always banned. lol
    I'm the minister of mistakes. I'm the shaman of sh*tstorms. If there was a f**k-up pope. I'd have a 3 foot hat!

    When arguing online I like to use big words. Because by the time they're done googling it, they have forgotten what their point was.

  5. #2845
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    Who is the best support for Varus? Include any champions that can successfully support, not ones that can support but shouldn't. Also no Blitz. He is always banned. lol
    Maybe not perfect, but there is some pretty nice chart showing bot lane synergies and counters. Not sure if this is the latest version though
    http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_md...rqwo1_1280.jpg

  6. #2846
    ummm

    Blizcrank cant counter Corki... Corki can just fly away

  7. #2847
    Elemental Lord Duilliath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Moonglade
    Posts
    8,165
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    Who is the best support for Varus? Include any champions that can successfully support, not ones that can support but shouldn't. Also no Blitz. He is always banned. lol
    Morgana is great. As are Janna and Sona.

    //edit: Seeing the above linked page, I can see why Lulu would be great as well, but rarely if ever see her played.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vvhooya View Post
    ummm

    Blizcrank cant counter Corki... Corki can just fly away
    Blitz can walk up to Corki, knock him up and then pull him in once Corki burns Valkyrie.

  8. #2848
    Kog is a winner to buy imo

  9. #2849
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    I can see why Lulu would be great as well, but rarely if ever see her played.
    Uuuh, where are you living ?!

  10. #2850
    Mechagnome Happybucket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Groningen, the Netherlands
    Posts
    584
    Nunu maybe? Stacking up the blight stacks faster.

    And yeah I see Lulu maybe once every 30 matches at most. I actually might see Karma more than her.

  11. #2851
    Pandaren Monk Kurdiern's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    CA-LI-FORNIA GIRLS, I'M IRRESISTABLE!
    Posts
    1,849
    Quote Originally Posted by hephij View Post
    Nunu maybe? Stacking up the blight stacks faster.

    And yeah I see Lulu maybe once every 30 matches at most. I actually might see Karma more than her.
    More like once every 3. She's one of the strongest supports now after the nerds to Sona and Blitz. Good poke with glitter, strong trading with shield and pix, and her ulti is incredibly flexible in its use.

  12. #2852
    Dreadlord Castozor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    782
    So what would make a good support for Twitch? Unless I'm missing something he doesn't seem to be in the chart for some reason.

  13. #2853
    Yeah he is not. You want to abuse ambush-spray to get kills with insane steroids and make up for his vulnerability. His harass is pretty good though. For that you should get someone who can protect you with cc and is flexible enough (Leona might work, but IDK if do or die is fine for Twitch, so I'd go for Zyra/Lulu/Fiddlesticks).

  14. #2854
    Elemental Lord Duilliath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Moonglade
    Posts
    8,165
    Zyra/Nunu seem the most likely candidates.

    Iirc, I saw Aphromoo's Twitch being accompanied by a Morgana support.

  15. #2855
    Fiora or Brand??
    I mainly go mid with Akali, but I can change if needed..

  16. #2856
    Moderator Isrozzis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    The land of too much heat
    Posts
    3,262
    Quote Originally Posted by Leaf01 View Post
    Fiora or Brand??
    I mainly go mid with Akali, but I can change if needed..
    If you really like mid, then go for brand. If you want to go top or even jungle then go for fiora.

  17. #2857
    Pandaren Monk Kurdiern's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    CA-LI-FORNIA GIRLS, I'M IRRESISTABLE!
    Posts
    1,849
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    Zyra/Nunu seem the most likely candidates.

    Iirc, I saw Aphromoo's Twitch being accompanied by a Morgana support.
    Muffinqt enjoys playing unconventional supports. It doesn't really work too well against people know know what they're doing, but in Solo Que most anything works. Not enough AP for Shield to be worthwhile and you die before Chain procs. All you are there for are Q's, and if you want a support with a snare/lockdown potential, then there are plenty of other options.

    Quote Originally Posted by Leaf01 View Post
    Fiora or Brand??
    I mainly go mid with Akali, but I can change if needed..
    Both are subpar picks, but Brand isn't as bad as Fiora.

  18. #2858
    Elemental Lord Duilliath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Moonglade
    Posts
    8,165
    Quote Originally Posted by Isrozzis View Post
    If you really like mid, then go for brand. If you want to go top or even jungle then go for fiora.
    Tbh, Fiora works better in mid than top. Depends on what you encounter (Ryze or Swain are no fun), but most squishies you can really really hurt.

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-30 at 11:01 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Kurdiern View Post
    Muffinqt enjoys playing unconventional supports. It doesn't really work too well against people know know what they're doing, but in Solo Que most anything works. Not enough AP for Shield to be worthwhile and you die before Chain procs. All you are there for are Q's, and if you want a support with a snare/lockdown potential, then there are plenty of other options.
    This wasn't solo queue. It was IPL.

  19. #2859
    Bloodsail Admiral Speedy92286's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Queens, New York
    Posts
    1,220
    Finally gave in and bought Gallio along with the two cheap heroes I like, Janna and Sliv. Gallio clicked with me the free week I played with him and has gotten me compliments (solo normal queue of course but as a level 13 player this is huge for me) so he was a no brainer. Janna just interests me and I either do great with her or meh. Sliv was more of an impluse buy but she works for me in dominion.

    After Nami, is there anyone else I should get or should I just sit on who I have? I know runes are important but I am not sure what role I will end up playing just yet. I love support but I also love being tankish on Gal, as well.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Aliyra/simple
    PM me if you ever want to add me for Hearthstone!

  20. #2860
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedy92286 View Post

    After Nami, is there anyone else I should get or should I just sit on who I have? I know runes are important but I am not sure what role I will end up playing just yet. I love support but I also love being tankish on Gal, as well.
    Good call on Galio, he's a soloQ monster...play him AP mid though (or top against a Vlad, Rumble, etc), he's a sub-par support.

    If you love supports, here are the must haves (in my opinion, of course):

    Sona
    Janna
    Nunu
    Blitzcrank
    Lulu?
    Leona
    Taric

    That will give you plenty to choose from without getting bored of one. I always roll Nunu w/ Kog or Vayne, Leona w/ Corki...mostly Sona (w/ arcade skin) for just about anything else...but its nice to have options.


    As far as runes go...I'm really partial to Armor reds, Armor yellows, MR/level blues, and GP/10 quints. You could argue flat Armor quints for Leona, but that would require another rune page that I simply do not have b/c I play just about every role...my 10 are already taken.

    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    "Elo Hell is where the Ego is greater than the Elo." -Bystekhilcar

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •