Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DOUBLEXBAUGH View Post
    I'm a newer 30 with 13k IP to spend. I haven't tried playing any ranked games yet, just normal blind pick. I prefer solo top and mid because I've never really tried jungling, find most ADCs to be too squishy, and hate support. I usually try to call top and go with mainly Xin Zhao and occasionally Darius or Riven (might also get Zed, was fun to play his free week), and if I mid I use Katarina.

Any suggestions on what I should get for an ADC, jungler, or tank/support if I get stuck with those rolls? I currently have Kogmaw for an ADC. I know Xin can jungle I've just only tried it in Bot games and and end up getting behind, and nobody ever needs a gank (its bots). I have 0 supports and Singed for a Tank (thinking of getting Volibear).
    Get runes first, with that much IP you can get a good solid runepage. I know it's not exactly what your asked, but a full tier 3 runepage is huge.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grading View Post
    Janna seems like one of those supports that fits certain people. She is pretty much the only support I feel I can't play well, because I just don't mesh with her.
    That's me though. Which is why I say she fits "certain people", which may be a large majority.

Also, a lot of people seem to think Sona is this boring support. I've recently started going AD Marks on her, and if you're good, you can literally chase people out of the lane so your carry can farm without a worry. I also once got double kills THREE TIMES in ONE MATCH because people underestimate how much damage she can do.

I'm just saying... Sometimes, first impressions can cloud your vision.
    I dont even feel bad when I KS on sona anymore, I always win games with sona when i get fed because we get full ward coverage and pinks plus i get early shurelyas and just snowball from there. Sona no1 support.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jax can do top/jungle, as can Lee Sin.
    Graves is the least squishy out of the AD carries, other than Urgot.
    You might like Leona for support.

Quote Originally Posted by StylesClashv3 View Post
    Get runes first, with that much IP you can get a good solid runepage. I know it's not exactly what your asked, but a full tier 3 runepage is huge.
    I have 4 rune pages that all use armor seals and MR glyphs, then are (Qint/Marks) AD/AD, Arp/Arp, MagPen/MagPen, AP/MagPen. All T3, I read somewhere when I first started that it was a good idea to spend nothing until you unlock T3 runes at level 20 so thats what I did.
    Last edited by DOUBLEXBAUGH; 2013-01-05 at 12:42 PM.

Deleted
    I have 4 rune pages that all use armor seals and MR glyphs, then are (Qint/Marks) AD/AD, Arp/Arp, MagPen/MagPen, AP/MagPen. All T3, I read somewhere when I first started that it was a good idea to spend nothing until you unlock T3 runes at level 20 so thats what I did.
    Ah great, my bad then!

Deleted
    Armor seals for mid? :<

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Monado View Post
    Well, better than nothing I guess? Still, should get at least flat mana regen as well.

I think HP/level is the preferred yellow runes for mids, but I'm not sure.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grading View Post
    I think HP/level is the preferred yellow runes for mids, but I'm not sure.
    Depends on the playstyle. I, for one, tend to spam so much the flat mana regen is a necessity for smooth early game.

I prefer flat mana ones, since I tend to spam a bit more like some people above me ^
    Last edited by StNimrod; 2013-01-05 at 04:13 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Depends on the playstyle. I, for one, tend to spam so much the flat mana regen is a necessity for smooth early game.
    Katarina says hi.
    (Not like I even play Mid, half of my friends list is made up of people who main mid).

If I was going to do ranked matches I would get more into the min/maxing of everything. Was just asking if anyone could suggest a champ for Bot based on the ones I like to play. Like I said, I mainly try to solo top, Kat mid is just a good fall back if someone else calls top first :P

Deleted
    Katarina says hi.
    (Not like I even play Mid, half of my friends list is made up of people who main mid).
    I have a separate page called "manaless AP" which is pretty much my AP page, but with HP/lvl seals. :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    I have a separate page called "manaless AP" which is pretty much my AP page, but with HP/lvl seals. :P
    I'd do that too, if I had a spare page. >_>

Deleted
    Vladimir or Jarvan IV? Even might consider Rumble.

So between this 3, who should I buy? Which one is the best in S3?

I mainly play top lane and sometimes jungle just to give you heads up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by grindinlife View Post

For top, I'd say get Vladimir, he's still a monster.

If jungle, I'd go with Jarvan of course. Rumble isn't bad but I don't know since he's rarely picked but he can do some serious damage and plays if you know how to play him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jarvan can do both. Vlad and Rumble are better for Top / Mid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by grindinlife View Post

Jarvan can do both Top lane and Jungle, according to Reignofgaming (Stonewall) J4 is a tier 2 jungle, just like Shaco/Xin/Jax/Nocturne.
    Top lane he's an absolute beast once you know how to play him, Black Cleaver + Trinity Force + Last Whisper and you'll be able to 100%-0% most carries late game. He also beats Jayce top lane (You can just engage on him and you'll end up winning the trade due to his melee E being nerfed).
    His mobility is very good so you can gank mid or even get a blue buff steal in. He's a solid pick that can do well against most regular top laners.
    He's underplayed so not many people know how to counter him, so that's your gambit.

The other 2 are good for top lane, but can't jungle. And lately people have been shying away from AP tops, since people have been picking less tanky junglers. Rumble has one of the best winrate percentages these days so he's a solid pick, and can also build quite tanky. Same with vlad, except he works better in an AoE team composition.

TL;DR: Get Jarvan.

Deleted
    Got Jarvan, ty!

EDIT: Okay so I just owned with J4 top lane vs Singed. 4/1/3 with Tenacity shoes, Trinity, BC and was going for Warmogs+Atma. Great champion!
    Last edited by mmocb398feb9be; 2013-01-06 at 05:21 PM.

Deleted
    I've seen Jarvans dominate middle lane as well if you ever feel like playing that, so there is another plus for him there.