The nerfs to Kha'zix are relatively minor in the grand scheme of things. His damage will still be borderline ridiculous, but not *quite* as insane. He'll likely need more tweaking even after this balance patch.

In response to the person considering between Cait and Ashe, I would go completely outside that box and recommend MF. She has quickly become my favorite ADC. It's very easy to bully your opponents out of lane or kill them straight up if you have a support with CC who is halfway competent. She also has some really great skins and her ulti is so damn satisfying to use when you catch the majority of the enemy team in it. I used to play Cait quite a bit but I've recently been becoming really frustrated with the way she plays.

As far as Ashe goes, her early game is pretty bad. Until you at least get your IE, you'll feel like you're very weak and not able to do much. Not to mention, whenever I see an Ashe player on my team, I usually prepare myself to deal with a game where the enemy bot lane is going to be fed. However, if you're able to keep it together and get some solid farm, Ashe is pretty scary late game.
    Last edited by WackyWombat; 2013-01-16 at 04:43 PM.
    Answer no master, never the slave
    Carry your dreams down into the grave

Deleted
    Recently lost quite a bit of elo while playing some duo queue (with a person that's got like 150 higher elo than me or so, so I always end up supporting since I'm last pick, and we often win botlane but then loose later on for various reasons, so I decided to start playing solo and try to catch up to my friend in elo before playing duo again, so I can get more "relevant" roles than support). So now I'm looking to climb back up but I'm not really sure what to play, or what champs to buy to do so.

I'm not really a very comfortable jungler but I'm trying to learn on Jax and Xin as they feel pretty easy, also the occassional eve jungler game if she's not banned.
    I feel comfortable as anything else more or less, a few characters that have been strong in the past, and I'm not sure how they're doing now since I don't see them alot is:
    Irelia, Jarvan, Leona, Riven, Talon, Shen, Udyr
    These are champs I don't own but have the IP to buy and I can't really make my mind up.

Also, if there's any other champs that is particularly strong at "carrying" games atm don't be afraid of mentioning them

I've been trying to play Pantheon mid lately if I can since it feels pretty strong in lane and also has good gank potential with his ulti, I know TF also has his ulti but I reckon TF has a lot higher skillcap than pantheon and I'm not nearly familiar enough with him to play him in ranked at this point.

I also don't have Kha'zix but he's more or less always banned and now gotten nerfed so I'm not really too much into buying him.

Quote Originally Posted by Cotech View Post
    I'm not really a very comfortable jungler but I'm trying to learn on Jax and Xin as they feel pretty easy, also the occassional eve jungler game if she's not banned.
    I feel comfortable as anything else more or less, a few characters that have been strong in the past, and I'm not sure how they're doing now since I don't see them alot is:
    Irelia, Jarvan, Leona, Riven, Talon, Shen, Udyr
    These are champs I don't own but have the IP to buy and I can't really make my mind up.

Also, if there's any other champs that is particularly strong at "carrying" games atm don't be afraid of mentioning them

I also don't have Kha'zix but he's more or less always banned and now gotten nerfed so I'm not really too much into buying him.
    If you looking to carry games from the jungle, My suggestion would be Nocturne. His ganks are really good and post 6 he just gets better.

From the ones you listed Udyr is really strong right now especially when they just reverted the nerf they gave his W. his jungle clear time is still one of the fastest (not mundo lvl) around 3:40-3:45 if i remember correctly and is my suggestion to you if your still uncomfortable in the jungle.

If your stuck playing support. Leona is a very good choice, best aggressive support in the game in my opinion.

Even though Kha'zix got nerf he still isn't bad. His damage is still insane good.

What do you guys think about Udyr top lane with the small buff he gets on his passive?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post

And this is where even people like Scarra can be wrong. Making his passive physical would be a buff, not a nerf, unless the numbers get changed. Darius gets no magic penetration, but has passive ArmPen and can comfortably build more ArmPen.
    And it'd make Hexdrinker users sad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StNimrod View Post
    What do you guys think about Udyr top lane with the small buff he gets on his passive?
    He still has major issues due to the minion pathing bug not being fixed yet. So I recommend against using him there.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StNimrod View Post
    He messes people up *if* you can get to them. You used to be able to max turtle stance and become an untouchable badass, but that was patched out a long time ago.

If you do play him toplane I would advise maxing tiger stance. Not many people can trade with you once you have a few points in tiger stance. He still gets kited all day. He will be slightly more durable, but overall still a rather weak top I think. If you are against a nidalee or a jayce or someone with a ranged auto you are going to basically lose the lane simply because you don't have a gap closer other than running in a line at them.

The jungler can help you, but I would recommend others top. I do still like him in the jungle though.

I'm in need of a high skill cap mid champion which can own the lane and great for team fights. Any thoughts?

Already got anivia annie evelynn katarina lux yi ryze and vladimir so something else than that would be appreciated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kennen or Kha'zix come to mind.

Deleted
    Swain, Malzahar, Cassiopeia pretty decent too.

Deleted
    Why not le blanc?

Deleted
    Because LeBlanc is a joke champion for joke people.

what about syndra or karthus?

High skill-cap mid champion who is great for teamfights... Orianna fits that bill if you ask me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post
    Because LeBlanc is a joke champion for joke people.
    Oh really? I thought it was a hig-skill champion with op damage, if it is for joke people maybe I should try her

LeBlanc? High-skill? You literally just Q+W/E people for tons of damage, level to 6 then press Q -> R -> W/E for even more damage.
    It's practically effortless.

So much damage with so little effort, yet shut her down early and she's basically just a minion who hits a little harder than the others.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bennyrosso View Post
    Oh really? I thought it was a hig-skill champion with op damage, if it is for joke people maybe I should try her
    That is true, don't listen to people telling that LB is a faceroll.
    Unfortunately she's been replaced with that gay fish, which is like 10 times easier to play and does more or less the same burst.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AFK-Champion View Post
    That is true, don't listen to people telling that LB is a faceroll.
    Unfortunately she's been replaced with that gay fish, which is like 10 times easier to play and does more or less the same burst.
    Seeing as her skills does that much damage without even being skillshots, it kind of makes her kind of an easy champion to learn.

Deleted
    Because you just need to minion block E to make her waste ultimate cooldown, and then push like mad so she can't do a thing, because of non-existent wave clear.

Once people get their warmogs and stuff she can't even burst anyone and is completely helpless. If you don't win in like 20 minutes, then you have to learn how to properly attack people, how to survive teamfights and all the kind of stuff, which is really not easy on champion like LeBlanc. I think the ease of killing people early makes people think of her as one trick pony. She's much better than that, and by no way useless later in the game. The trick is once you reach that part of the game, you have to know how to play her. Most people don't and just cry that she falls off and is useless.

10+ Year Old Account
    I play Lux and Ahri mainly, looking for a new champion to throw into the mix. Generally like Support/AP range charactors, but I need to learn to AD or AS or something, you know, melee at some point >_> (so bad as melee, always die ;( ) Any suggestions for new champions?