Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ðuracell View Post
    who's a solid jungler that isn't banned much and isn't 6300 ip?
    Other than what the others have already mentioned: Nocturne is still pretty great and he's only 4800. Jax is great in the jungle and can also carry very hard if he gets fed. Xin is currently in a good place and has very strong ganks and carry capability. I've also seen jungle Panth work, but I don't know much about him.

Quote Originally Posted by The Monado View Post
    Diana is a good mid champion if you like bursting people down and being very mobile.
    Ahri is a good mic champion if you like to offer ranged burst, some cc and want very nice ganks on your side lanes.
    Orianna is a great mid champion if there are other champions in your team that have area of effect ultimates (Wukong,Malphite,Amumu, you get the idea)
    Katarina is a steamrolling mid champion that can easily decimate entire teams if she's fed and gets her cooldowns reset from kills.
    Any of those 4 champions are decent to great picks for mid and are easy to carry with.
    Is Brand any good, I've been thinking of trying him but I don't want to waste the money if hes bad
    Yeah, I just came back from the spirit world, and I have an important message from a certain horse...it would like for you not to keep beating

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goronfighter View Post
    Is Brand any good, I've been thinking of trying him but I don't want to waste the money if hes bad
    He can work, but combo/burst mages don't really fit the meta at the moment. You'll probably need to do way more as Brand to get kills, compared to say, Katarina.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    He can work, but combo/burst mages don't really fit the meta at the moment. You'll probably need to do way more as Brand to get kills, compared to say, Katarina.
    always this talk about the current meta justifying picks.

if you're not playing a 5v5 team game you can blatantly ignore the current meta, choosing particular champions vs certain matchups (melee adc bot vs ranged adc) will make the game a lot harder for you tho.

the reason you do not see Brand in particularly many tournaments is simple - he can't assist his team in anything else than damage.
    champions you see played a lot mid (tf, lux, ryze) bring utility such as snares, slows, vision and hard ganking setups depending on the champion increasing the options a team has at any given moment.

Brand brings damage.

that said damage is more than enough to win a #yoloq game, and Brand just like any other champion can carry himself. his kit allows him to very efficiently nuke a team that has no strat caller shouting split when Brand approaches and with his full wave clear potential with W and E he can very easily farm top notch. you just need to land his abilities otherwise you'll be a sitting duck waiting for your cooldowns, like many other burst champions.
    Last edited by mmoc63f6c1cc20; 2013-02-19 at 09:29 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Goronfighter View Post
    Brand is a great Late Game carry, but he's really squishy and has no escape or defensive ability, he has an on demand stun but you have to cast 2 spells first to actually stun someone. Which feels rather sloppy. I've never really liked Brand so I might be abit prejudiced but I feel like he doesn't feel right in this meta, since AP Carries are supposed to carry the early-mid game at the side lanes with their ganks. Which is why I listed the ones I did, because they all have pretty nice ganks (Especially Diana/Ahri).

15+ Year Old Account
    Brand is one of the most FUN champions in the game. If you're playing normals or sub-plat soloQ, I say go for it.

Granted, Katarina is basically a more mobile version of Brand. I only play mid in normals, and have been loving the hell out of Brand when I just want to watch the world burn.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Deleted
    There's just one problem with Brand... Lux.

Is Nidalee worth it? I saw she is on sale, and she seems capable enough for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    She is, but just get her with IP, she's pretty cheap anyway.

Deleted
    I'd be interested in buying a champion as well, but I need a bit of help. As me and my brother play together, I'd very much like to know what champions are relatively easy and fun to play, all while working well together. Can you guys suggest me a few combos please?

So far, we've tried:

-Garen and Annie
    -Garen and Twitch

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MurdiStorm View Post
    I'd be interested in buying a champion as well, but I need a bit of help. As me and my brother play together, I'd very much like to know what champions are relatively easy and fun to play, all while working well together. Can you guys suggest me a few combos please?

So far, we've tried:

-Garen and Annie
    -Garen and Twitch
    Bottom lane pairings:
    Sona + Miss Fortune
    Caitlyn + Nunu
    Graves + Taric

All 6 of those champs are easy to play and are very effective combos throughout all levels of play.

It sounds like you're at that sub-level 20 bracket where there are very few junglers. If you aren't going the "standard" Ranged ADC + support bottom, both of you should just play all of the free champions each week and experiment yourselves. That way you get exposure to what every champion does / is capable of, which will give you some knowledge when you have to face them.

Hint: if you guys think you'll continue to duoQ for a long time, once you hit 20 (tier 3 runes) one of you should focus on mid and the other should focus on jungling. I've found those two roles to have the most potential influence on the outcome of any game. Having a mid and jungler on voice comms / sitting next to each other...and being familiar with each other...is just plain scary.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

10+ Year Old Account
    For completely stupendous play, try Karma + Fiora/Sion (AD) in either top or bot lane.

Keep in mind people might not be as accepting of it come level 30.

Deleted
    Thanks for your suggestions! One important thing that I've left out is the fact that I'm a newbie. My main account is level 8 so far and I have yet to learn what "jungler" means or why aren't all the lanes the same.
    Bottom lane pairings:
    Sona + Miss Fortune
    Caitlyn + Nunu
    Graves + Taric

All 6 of those champs are easy to play and are very effective combos throughout all levels of play.
    Sounds good, but we'll have to gather enough points to buy those champs first. Nunu and Miss Fortune were in the last week's rotation, but I didn't play around with
    them. A shame, really, because this week's champs aren't that great from my point of view.

It sounds like you're at that sub-level 20 bracket where there are very few junglers. If you aren't going the "standard" Ranged ADC + support bottom, both of you should just play all of the free champions each week and experiment yourselves. That way you get exposure to what every champion does / is capable of, which will give you some knowledge when you have to face them.
    You're right. We're both somewhat newbies to this game, but we learn very fast. I've only lost one of 10 or so games so far, and I like to think that means something. Or maybe it's just luck! Last game was lost because we were outplayed by two level 30 account owners, so yeah. No chance against those players...yet.
    As for the experimenting part, we're working on it.
    Hint: if you guys think you'll continue to duoQ for a long time, once you hit 20 (tier 3 runes) one of you should focus on mid and the other should focus on jungling. I've found those two roles to have the most potential influence on the outcome of any game. Having a mid and jungler on voice comms / sitting next to each other...and being familiar with each other...is just plain scary.
    It will take a long while until we get to 20, but I'll keep that in mind. Thanks for the tip .

For completely stupendous play, try Karma + Fiora/Sion (AD) in either top or bot lane.
    Nice. I'll go for it as soon as the champs will be bought or become free to play.

Again, thanks for your input guys. You've been most helpful.

10+ Year Old Account
    www.solomid.net has a number of champion guides. More importantly (for you at least) is that they also have generic guides, for roles or even complete new comers to the game. Have a gander and see if you can find something that helps you out. If you have any questions remaining, feel free to ask more

www.lolpro.com is another site with a lot of guides.

Last three purchases Akali, Lulu and Riven. Love all three.

Now if I could just get a few of my ADC purchases back.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MurdiStorm View Post

It will take a long while until we get to 20, but I'll keep that in mind. Thanks for the tip .

Nice. I'll go for it as soon as the champs will be bought or become free to play.

Again, thanks for your input guys. You've been most helpful.
    Use your time pre-20 to try every champion when they are free.

Don't buy any champions or runes. When you hit 20, I would recommend spending your IP on 2 full "generic" rune pages. I think newer accounts only have 2 rune pages to start (I also highly recommend buying the 7 rune page bundle for RP...but that can be addressed later).

So, looking at this week's rotation...the only true ranged ADC I see is Ezreal. You can support Ezreal with (in order of my opinionated preference): Soraka, Morgana, Fiddlesticks, and Galio. Soraka can keep Ezreal's mana filled up and it an excellent duo bot lane combo. I recommend you guys running that for a few games (take turn playing ADC and support if necessary).

Why should we conserve points until lvl 20? There won't be free champions available past that level?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinitar View Post
    Why should we conserve points until lvl 20? There won't be free champions available past that level?
    Tier 3 runes provide the most stats, but cost the most. Tier 1 runes are okay if you want a boost early on, but tier 2 runes are considered to be a waste of IP.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinitar View Post
    It is really important to get a set of T3 runes asap, and you can get them from lvl 20 on. You'll need just a little bit shy of 20k for a basic set afair, so it's better to save up.

Basically it's just so you don't waste IP on minor stats that aren't important before 20.

Once you reach level 20, you can buy Tier 3 marks which are the best available, so there's not really much point in buying any before that. Focus on saving up for either Tier 3 runes or buying champions you wanna try.