10+ Year Old Account
    Looking for a fun/op/easy to use/decent mobility support char for a newb. Willing to buy any toon. Been playing Lulu and enjoying it quite a bit.

-just started playing but able to follow guides (very familiar with mobas already)
    -would like a char with good support but also fun to play and maybe get the occasional gank (lulu has been fitting this role for me quite nicely but just curious what else is out there)
    -one of my only complaints about lulu is just how damn slow she is so maybe a char with better escapes etc?

Thanks!
    Last edited by edlike; 2013-03-16 at 12:50 AM.

Deleted
    Sounds like you might be looking for Janna tbh.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deylana View Post
    Sounds like you might be looking for Janna tbh.
    easy to use
    Oh... very well....

Deleted
    Support? Easy to use? Soraka?

Deleted
    Are there actually any mobile supports besides Janna that aren't pretty odd picks, such as LeSkank or Nidalee?

Deleted
    Sona? She's easy and somewhat fun!

Deleted
    Jarvan is very fine for it, but now they are taking away armor from his aura he won't be that great.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AFK-Champion View Post
    Oh... very well....
    Right, I may have forgotten about that part :P

Deleted
    Orianna, Thresh, or movespeed quints?

Orianna is better imo

Will be missed ~

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaitoc View Post
    movespeed quints?
    The movespeed quints would be the best choice if you want the most bang out of your IP buck, as S3 made them even better with the base champion MS buffs, and aside from boots, movement speed is a stat that is very difficult to get.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Yeah i definitely love Sona!

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Coming down to the end of the champions to buy so: Quinn, Voli, Xerath or Wukong?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by VoxLupus View Post
    Coming down to the end of the champions to buy so: Quinn, Voli, Xerath or Wukong?
    I'd say Quinn or Wukong. Quinn is a rather underplayed ADC these days though, since people are hesistating to use her, but I think she does fairly well. (Demolishes stuff in R).
    Wukong is a very nice AoE comp champion. If you've got a Vladimir/Orianna/Malphite/Amumu on your team, he's going to be an amazing addition to your team. (Shit ton of damage, and AoE knockup).

Deleted
    The bear if you want to abuse a fotm METAGAME jungle champion, Wukong if you're confident you can win your lane, Xerath if you're a hipster, Quinn never.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaitoc View Post
    Orianna, Thresh, or movespeed quints?
    Move speed quints are amazing on some champs, depends what you play (godly for Singed!) and I like Thresh a lot as supp so he's close second

I'd narrow it to Wukong vs. Volibear. Depends what you want them for, more top/mid? Get Wukong, mostly jungle? Get Volibear, he's a beast at the moment.
    Quinn and Xerath are ok, but I'd say there are better/easier picks instead of them.

Deleted
    Hello guys!

So I started a new team with some friends and we are going to try to play as much competitive as possible.

I'm playing as the top laner and I wonder if you guys could recommend which top champions should I get to get a good roster in order to prevent/create counters.

I already own these top laners:

Akali, Cho'Gath, Darius, Diana, Dr. Mundo, Elise, Jax, Jayce, Kayle, Malphite, Nasus, Nidalee, Renekton, Rumble, Shen, Singed, Teemo, Tryndamere, Vladimir, Yorick.

The ones I play more of this list are: Cho'Gath, Darius, Elise, Jayce, Nidalee, Renekton, Rumble, Singed.

Should I learn/buy any other champions to get a good amount of champions to be a good top laner?

Thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Holymorph View Post
    Hello guys!

So I started a new team with some friends and we are going to try to play as much competitive as possible.

I'm playing as the top laner and I wonder if you guys could recommend which top champions should I get to get a good roster in order to prevent/create counters.

I already own these top laners:

Akali, Cho'Gath, Darius, Diana, Dr. Mundo, Elise, Jax, Jayce, Kayle, Malphite, Nasus, Nidalee, Renekton, Rumble, Shen, Singed, Teemo, Tryndamere, Vladimir, Yorick.

The ones I play more of this list are: Cho'Gath, Darius, Elise, Jayce, Nidalee, Renekton, Rumble, Singed.

Should I learn/buy any other champions to get a good amount of champions to be a good top laner?

Thanks!
    You seem to have all of the typical top lane champions, so you should be fine with them, unless you want to get additional niche ones. Just keep playing several, out of those, I would recommend Elise, Jayce, Renekton, Rumble, and Singed.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Deleted
    Yeah all the ones you said are my favourites (+ Cho'gath!) but I'd like to know if you guys consider I should get some other, or for example learning to play the ones I already own (for instance, I own Akali but never played her on top).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Holymorph View Post
    Yeah all the ones you said are my favourites (+ Cho'gath!) but I'd like to know if you guys consider I should get some other, or for example learning to play the ones I already own (for instance, I own Akali but never played her on top).
    Akali is very nice for top lane, since she can harrass fine in the early game and generally top lane is the snowballing lane, so Akali would be right where she should be.

You should also consider buying Xin Zhao and Jarvan IV, they are also very good for top, despite being great in the jungle.
    So far I have a 90.90% winrate with Jarvan IV top, the most important thing with him being "knowing when you can kill the enemy". Sometimes it looks like you can't kill them, but in reality with EQ + ignite + R, you can! Jarvan is also a very versatile champion, ranging from tank to carry-destroyer (Trinity Force, Black Cleaver, Last Whisper annihilates ANY carry late game, even Ezreal due to your 2 gap closers [EQ + R]).
    Xin is also a very good pick since he has quite nice sustain in lane due to his W, and his E and Q make him win most of the trades if the enemy decides to fight you head on.

Just my €0.02.