Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grading View Post
    Well yeah, it's hard to do that without wasting a lot of mana, but the closest who can do that are champions like Morgana, Karthus, Kha'zix and those who have pretty good AoE with not so long cooldowns.
    One second is 1-2 Spellcasts, so unless karthus kills 6 minions with 2 lay wastes I don't see how it could be possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelgius View Post
    I don't even know of any champion that can kill an entire creep wave in ONE second, unless it's late game Ezreal ult with full build.
    But I'm assuming lane phase here so my answer will be: None.
    Around mid game Annie's W easily one shots all creeps. You've just got to position right to get the melee creeps into the ranged pile.

Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    Morgana can farm with ease after some points in W
    Is Morg able to go top?
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    Is Morg able to go top?
    She certainly can, but in the current meta a lot of people won't take you seriously if you try to.

Deleted
    It can;t be melee. Has to be a ranged champ. I want a champ who can clear minion waves in a sec or 2.
    Well... Jayce an one shot all caster minions with his Q-E combo in his cannon form and then kill the melee minions pretty fast in the hammer form with a Q and an auto attack per minion. That would still be more than two seconds, though, but Jayce is ranged in his cannon form.

It's one of the fastest I've seen, and you reach that stage pretty early already.

The only one second clear would be a Lux ultimate (rather late or fed), if you discount the cast time. Though I guess that's not what you are looking for and wasting every ult on minions wouldn't be that good. Same with Ezreal's ult.

Riot stated that they don't want champions to clear waves that fast, so you probably won't find one with that time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lopk View Post
    She certainly can, but in the current meta a lot of people won't take you seriously if you try to.
    Don't forget about Cassiopeia, her E is similar to Morg's. But she's harder too play.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by refire View Post
    Around mid game Annie's W easily one shots all creeps. You've just got to position right to get the melee creeps into the ranged pile.
    Depends if you're fed enough. If you got stomped you won't be able to oneshot everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is Morg able to go top?

Wouldn't be a good idea really. Swain can, if you're so inclined.

---------- Post added 2013-06-09 at 07:24 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kilz View Post
    You guys are all forgetting about Malzahar. He can easily clear a wave in 1 second of action by just using malefic visions and his Q and then wandering off while malefic visions kills the entire wave.
    Didn't forget about him. Wouldn't want to play him top though.

Quote Originally Posted by Scaeva View Post
    Well... Jayce an one shot all caster minions with his Q-E combo in his cannon form and then kill the melee minions pretty fast in the hammer form with a Q and an auto attack per minion. That would still be more than two seconds, though, but Jayce is ranged in his cannon form.

It's one of the fastest I've seen, and you reach that stage pretty early already.

The only one second clear would be a Lux ultimate (rather late or fed), if you discount the cast time. Though I guess that's not what you are looking for and wasting every ult on minions wouldn't be that good. Same with Ezreal's ult.

Riot stated that they don't want champions to clear waves that fast, so you probably won't find one with that time.
    Sorry I didn't literally mean 1 sec. I just meant really fast. I just played my first ranked game as Morg mid. Hell, first game as Morg mid period, she is exactly what I wanted. They had to 4 man my lane to get to my turret.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

AP Tryndamere, Cho'Gath and Kha'zix can end waves in a second.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gamhacked View Post
    AP Tryndamere, Cho'Gath and Kha'zix can end waves in a second.
    AP Trynda is kinda meh right now I think, at least every Trynda I've seen is going AD again. Cho might work, but I'm not sure if you can waveclear within a second during laning phase, I think that applies more for lategame. Kha'zix is kinda like Jayce and can waveclear really well, at least for the next few days before the nerfs go live. Sadly all 3 are melee.

Quote Originally Posted by Elendoil View Post
    AP Trynda is kinda meh right now I think, at least every Trynda I've seen is going AD again. Cho might work, but I'm not sure if you can waveclear within a second during laning phase, I think that applies more for lategame. Kha'zix is kinda like Jayce and can waveclear really well, at least for the next few days before the nerfs go live. Sadly all 3 are melee.
    Ranged? TF, Zyra, Orianna, Janna, Varus, Veigar are my guesses.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gamhacked View Post
    Ranged? TF, Zyra, Orianna, Janna, Varus, Veigar are my guesses.
    I was about to mention Janna.

If she goes AP her Q can clear up waves in a second if you rank it first after getting some items.

Deleted
    I think we are losing focus on the actual question: The question was regarding champions for mid and/or top, and while many champions in midlane can clear waves rather fast (as APs tend to be bursty), most of the champions aren't really seen top (I don't think Janna toplane is something that many people like to see).

So if you want a champion that is ranged, can go mid and top, and can clear waves very fast even during the laning phase without getting fed (most champions can clear waves fast lategame or when they are 20/0), go for Jayce, even though he's only part-time ranged, you can do ok in lane if you stick mostly to cannon form and only use hammer to waveclear fast and go for heavy trades.

Deleted
    I think we are forgetting that he has found his champion, at least for midlane.

I just played my first ranked game as Morg mid. Hell, first game as Morg mid period, she is exactly what I wanted. They had to 4 man my lane to get to my turret.
    On that note, I've been thinking about buying her. I don't see her as top or support anymore, but why is she so uncommon mid?

10+ Year Old Account
    Different meta and her sustain got dropped a bit.

She's fairly ungankable, but doesn't have insane tower pushing or insane ganks. Both are valued more. Additionally, she does better vs AP than vs AD due to her Black Shield.

She's still a great pick though.

She does fall off a bit but late game ult can lock them up for the rest to do whats needed.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

got redirected here so:

hey im level 29 in LOL now thinking of buying malzahar next he seems cool lots of interesting spells, but i hear so much bad about him and noone plays him ( wich is one of the reasons im drawned to him as i like playing underrated and underused champions) the main argument i hear is QSS counter him so hard but if you force all theyr team to buy it isnt that pretty damaging already? If just one guy dosnt buy it you just use ur ulti on him and early game its pretty damaging going for QSS for like an ADC since u lose so much damage. Not to mention his other spells do alot of damage on theyr own. What are your opinions?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by spelle View Post
    got redirected here so:

hey im level 29 in LOL now thinking of buying malzahar next he seems cool lots of interesting spells, but i hear so much bad about him and noone plays him ( wich is one of the reasons im drawned to him as i like playing underrated and underused champions) the main argument i hear is QSS counter him so hard but if you force all theyr team to buy it isnt that pretty damaging already? If just one guy dosnt buy it you just use ur ulti on him and early game its pretty damaging going for QSS for like an ADC since u lose so much damage. Not to mention his other spells do alot of damage on theyr own. What are your opinions?
    He is absolutely fine outside of high level games really. His laning is really strong with mana efficiency build into his DoT and nice wave clear. His main problem about his ultimate in late game. You are correct in that making their carries buy a QSS does make a big difference. He is fun to play, just beware about his ult in late game. You have to be smart with it.

Quote Originally Posted by spelle View Post
    got redirected here so:

if you want him for the fun factor, go for it. if you're gonna do ranked, no. all his power comes from his ulti combo, which can be nullified with cleanse/qss, he has no escapes and needs items to be impactful, also his E (main farming ability) passively pushes waves, which can make you an easy target for ganks.

if you wanna play something with a DoT based playstyle, I'd recommend Cassiopeia or Swain, they pretty much do exactly what he does but better.