I just bought Jayce after seeing the semi finals

Quote Originally Posted by vayzor View Post
    I just bought Jayce after seeing the semi finals
    he is on sale today right? I think that we will see a lot of him today

Deleted
    For toplane, should I get Gnar or Irelia?

As for support, Sona or Janna?

I need a decent jungler to add to my champ pool. Anyone have any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Rickz View Post

I'd go with Sona unless you really like Janna's playstyle.

Right now Sona has better winrate and in my opinion, she's more consistently a top support.

I'd get probably Gnar. I play both champs a ton and consider them my 2 best picks, but atm I just like Gnar more. Irelia is insanely strong yes but thanks to spamming her a ton I've become to like Gnar more, also he is really safe to play because you can farm so far away with your boomerang if needed (I run full armor penetration page with scaling cdr blues on him so after lv 9 your boomerang is up nearly the moment you catch it from the air). His ult is also so strong if you hit it well, single handedly often wins teamfights like Rumble can do. Definitely recommend getting them both, love them both a lot

15+ Year Old Account
    Outside ORG sending your children down the mines.
    So I finally bought Syndra as I needed a safe AP mid, and honestly, why the heck is she ranked so difficullt to play? After my 2nd game with her I felt I understood her absolutely. Landing stuns is cake only thing you need fast fingers for is landing the minion for the slow, but still thats not even that hard. I don't know why she comes with the difficult to play tag. Anyway who cares, shes fun as heck and god strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Anium View Post
    So I finally bought Syndra as I needed a safe AP mid, and honestly, why the heck is she ranked so difficullt to play? After my 2nd game with her I felt I understood her absolutely. Landing stuns is cake only thing you need fast fingers for is landing the minion for the slow, but still thats not even that hard. I don't know why she comes with the difficult to play tag. Anyway who cares, shes fun as heck and god strong.
    More than likely because it's harder for newer players to manage orbs. I agree she's not that hard to play, as long as you can hit your stun, and your W.

10+ Year Old Account
    She had quite a few quality of life fixes, which made her a lot easier to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Yourcatdead View Post
    Don't know if you posted who you had ealier in the thread but, I'm a jungle main and my most used are:

Udyr
    Vi
    Khaz
    Rengar
    Hecarim
    Rammus (freelo)

Most of those are pretty standard. If you want someone else gotta give specifics as to what kind of jungle you want. All of the ones listed are decent. Hec/Rammus aren't meta picks, but still insanely strong (and most of all fun).
    The only one of those I own is Hecarim and he's one of my favorites. I just love his mobility and ability to gank. So I guess I'm looking for a champ that's similar.

Irelia and Gnar are imo both extremely fun to play champions. Gnar is really strong early and mid game, Irelia is good early and late game and her mid game is one of the best in the game. Gnar is probably the stronger pick right now though, considering his lane dominance ; and imo he is a little more fun to play compared to Irelia.

Janna is considered stronger atm ; but Sona isn't bad either (she is also way easier to play). The difference is with Sona you can carry a weak adc in lane ; but with Janna you can't. Sona is also more fun to play. Stick with Sona if you are not a support main , if you are a support main though I would recommend you to learn how to play Janna.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lakeland, FL or the Temple of Atal Hakkar
    What is a good champ for a complete and total new player that has had the game for about a day? I have only tried a few and want to get used to a decent one to play as I learn the game. Of the free ones for now I have liked Shyvana the most, but I really don't want to get set too deep into something that is going to bite me later on.
    Proud Troll player.

Quote Originally Posted by Zisszinthek View Post
    What is a good champ for a complete and total new player that has had the game for about a day? I have only tried a few and want to get used to a decent one to play as I learn the game. Of the free ones for now I have liked Shyvana the most, but I really don't want to get set too deep into something that is going to bite me later on.
    Is there a specific role/lane that you prefer playing? That would help for suggesting a champion.

Some champions i would say fit in a new player are the following. ADC: Ashe, Caitlyn. Support: Sona, Leona. Mages/ap casters: Ryze, Teemo(plz no!). Melee Fighters/Tanks: Darius, Tryndamere, Garen, Master Yi.

There are others i didnt mention, but if you have furter questions ask away

10+ Year Old Account
    I would never suggest Ashe to a new player. She's one of the hardest ADCs to play well.

No sarcasm intended.

I should have also mentioned Graves as an ADC. I still think Ashe is fine for a new player, to learn the basics of the ADC role. Ofc thats just my opinion
    A new player wont be able to take full advantage of any ADC's abilities anyway.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marbas View Post
    I should have also mentioned Graves as an ADC. I still think Ashe is fine for a new player, to learn the basics of the ADC role. Ofc thats just my opinion
    A new player wont be able to take full advantage of any ADC's abilities anyway.
    Nearly any ADC released after Ashe has a gap closer/speed boost/steroid/random shit. Ashe is probably one of the harder champs (especially adc) to position well, especially since everyone and their mother has gapclosers these days. Graves has an attack speed boost, gapcloser, slow/blind and 4 times the burst damage of Ashe, the kit is A LOT more usable for someone who barely played the game.

Same for Teemo imo, irritating champ to play against IF Teemo knows how to play (shrooms, itemization, safe harass etc.). For a new player who doesn't know any of this and can barely get CS he'll be useless the entire game.

My advice is simply sticking with free champs that look interesting, and try different lanes. Jungle really doesn't matter until later in the game anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Welp, Led beat me to it

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRF View Post
    Do you even play this game? You're recommending Ashe, Leona, Sona, Ryze, Teemo, Darius, and Tryndamere to a "NEW" player? Advice like this will only make people quit from frustration.
    I'd reccomend all of those champs except Leona and Ashe to a new player. They have a very low skill floor, but their skill ceilings vary.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ryze is an exceedingly poor choice for a beginner. His itembuild is completely unlike any other character, meaning there's no form of reference. He badly needs levels and gold to scale up, meaning a beginner with half the CS values of a silver level player will not get there ever. To get the most out of his damage, you have to manage his cast combos well and hammer the buttons.

A much more suitable pick would be someone like Brand. He's got an AoE nuke, a line skill shot and a targeted ability. All of his abilities are clear. He teaches dependencies and combos due to the different effects his spells have.

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRF View Post
    Do you even play this game? You're recommending Ashe, Leona, Sona, Ryze, Teemo, Darius, and Tryndamere to a "NEW" player? Advice like this will only make people quit from frustration.
    Ofc i play this game. I dont care for your ironic answer. Playing some of the champions i recommended while i was a new league of legends player, helped me understand aspects of this game and get used to it more quick. Now, every new player is different. Not everyone has the same gaming background and experience with games. I was willing to learn and read from the 1st moment i got into League, and believe me all of the above champions taught me something. From kiting, map presence, combo using and positioning.

I would suggest picking up the cheaper (450 IP) champions first. Then you can play all roles very soon already and see what you actually like. Furthermore they are cheap and at the end of your levelling, you probably need to pick some of these up anyways because you need to buy a lot before you can actually do ranked. Especially runes (the tier 3 runes). 9 pieces of 1 kind of tier 3 mark can be higher than the most expensive champion. And you can only buy these with IP so make sure to save up for it on time.

My favourites/advice for the 450 IP champs per role are:
    - Garen for top. It is simple and pretty fun. I think quality wise he is average. Not super but not bad.
    - Annie for mid. There is not much else I feel. She is a bit tricky to play well but not everything should be super easy right? Also, you could play her as support.
    - Sivir for ADC (that is bottom dmg dealer). I prefer her over Ashe. A bit easier and more fun too. Ashe is only fun because of the big arrow imo. Sivir is a bit more hands on.
    - Support is pretty much only Soraka. Not really my favourite support but it is cheap and it works. It feels a bit boring because you don't do much damage. I would buy a support last. Maybe pick up morgana or zilean. They are 1350 a more offensive supports and more fun. Or Taric and Janna which are much more defensive for 1350 (though Janna is not easy to play!).
    - For Jungle I would pick warwick. Again fairly simple so you learn how to Jungle. Jungling is simply at its core but not that simple to do well. You could also pick Yi. He is fun and fits more roles than just Jungle. He is really fun because he can snowball very well but it is kind of the character that all the starting players who are far to aggressive tend to end up (and ruin many a game). I think it teaches new players bad technique haha.