Ya, I agree, Azir is a good pick up. Really unique, fun to play, and oh so potent in the right hands!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post
    Ya, I agree, Azir is a good pick up. Really unique, fun to play, and oh so potent in the right hands!
    Note that with east coast ping, the EQ combo on azir is very difficult to pull off. I sit at about 100 normally and drift king azir (NA azir main) says that it is impossible to do for anyone with 110 or above.

Deleted
    Looking for a champ that can:
    Play top and (mainly) jungle
    Mostly melee
    Good enough sustain/Defense (without building a bunch of defensive items aka can kill people without being killed)
    High damage both early and late game
    Champs already owned - shyvana, nasus, garen, xin zhao
    Considerations - J4, Olaf, Zac, Jax, riven
    Help appreciated as always^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Shyvana, despite the fact you already own her.

Of the ones you mentioned, J4 and Olaf would be my recommendation, with me leaning towards the Olaf.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheThirteenthWorstGamer View Post
    Looking for a champ that can:
    Play top and (mainly) jungle
    Mostly melee
    Good enough sustain/Defense (without building a bunch of defensive items aka can kill people without being killed)
    High damage both early and late game
    Champs already owned - shyvana, nasus, garen, xin zhao
    Considerations - J4, Olaf, Zac, Jax, riven
    Help appreciated as always^^
    Any more? Ignore considerations and prefer AD champs)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheThirteenthWorstGamer View Post
    Any more? Ignore considerations and prefer AD champs)
    Trundle fits the bill.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    Trundle fits the bill.
    ^ Trundle is my best top lane. He can be built tanky or damagey, and he can do either very well - and he doesn't need to decide that with masteries/runes, he does it with items - so he can do it as the game is progressing based on what his opponents are building (or in blind pick). For damage, two really good items for him are BotRK (particularly for fighting HP tanks) combined with his Frozen Dominion massive haste buff - he will shred Mundo or Singed or Sion in a duel.

For high damage top laners (Riven, Irelia, etc) Trinity Force stacks with his Q bite, and it can get pretty atrociously powerful - especially combined with Ravenous Hydra (he has not-great wave clear, and Hydra helps with that a lot). It also works with towers - TF+Q+Frozen Dominion = Trundle is one of the best tower-eaters in the game. So depending on how you build him, he's either obscenely tanky, or can duel almost any other toplaner: and yet can't really be counter-built himself. He struggles with high sustain / strong wave clear top mages like Ryze, Vlad, Viktor - and Teemo - just because he gets poked down - but beyond that he's a solid pick versus any other champion.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Yeah i'd say Trundle aswell. You absolutely shit on teams that only have 1 tank, because you can just ult them and they'll blow up. It's pretty easy to kite him since he only has his pillar and W, but with botrk he's a monster at boxing people.

7+ Year Old Account
    I own 79 champions and have recently started playing again. What are some of the metal top laners? In general what are the champions that are best suited for each position, jungle, support, ect? My champion pool has always been weak for top laners. I most of the support, adc, and mid laners.Should I just play what I like? I like playing champions like ahri, syndra, orianna, katarina, and Anivia. I bought azil recently and like him too. For support it will have to be tresh, janna, and sona. What about the weird supports like karma, annie, and morgana? For adc I don't really like playing ADC, but I have all adc except kog. Last time I played Riven was the flavor of the month for top lane, but from what I understand she was nerf. Currently, I have 3500 ip.

10+ Year Old Account
    Currently, you'll find a fairly large range of top laners.

From the top of my head, the following have all seen play in recent LCS / LCK (formerly OGN) / LPL games:

* Gnar
    * Maokai
    * Rumble
    * (AD) Fizz - generally as counterpick to Maokai or
    * Hecarim
    * Olaf
    * Trundle
    * Riven
    * Kennen
    * Mundo

Pretty sure I'm forgetting a couple.

To be honest though, I seriously doubt it'll matter a great deal. By and large, your skill with a champion is vastly more important than how 'OP' a champion is.
    * Vladimir
    * Ryze
    * Lulu (though she seems more at home in mid)

Looking for a champ that's

-decent damage
    -decent to great escape

But not jungler or ADC

Can be any lane/role melee ranged which ever except not a ADC or jungler.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    Looking for a champ that's

-decent damage
    -decent to great escape

But not jungler or ADC

Can be any lane/role melee ranged which ever except not a ADC or jungler.
    Well Ekko came to mind straight away. He has great damage, has slows, stun, gapcloser on relative low CD and his ult to escape near anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Zed
    Jax

Damn zed was in last week's free champ rotation

Is he worth the buy?

Is he worth the buy?
    Playing with his shadows is fun as dicks once you get good at it, other than that he's kinda meh fun wise. Wukong also fits your description, although the decent escape is debatable. Get good at juking with his W and you can pull off some hilarious shit, but if you suck at doing that then he pretty much has no escapes except for the slight MS boost he gets during his ult.

10+ Year Old Account

Is he worth the buy?
    Dunno, can't make that call for you. I suck balls at playing him, so it'd be a bad purchase for me. For other players, it's pretty much the only thing they play.

7+ Year Old Account
    Built up some IP

I like mages so thats what i will buy. Whats the pros and cons of malzahar and vel koz ?

10+ Year Old Account
    The main con of both is their immobility. Vel'koz is also all skillshots so requires some practice, especially his Q. Malz's ult can be straight up negated be some items.

For pros, Vel'koz has decent CC and good AoE damage while Malz does massive single target damage. Overall, both are pretty good if you don't mind being slow.

Buy vladimir, he fits the criteria you are looking for or jax/irelia

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Karrotlord View Post
    The main con of both is their immobility. Vel'koz is also all skillshots so requires some practice, especially his Q. Malz's ult can be straight up negated be some items.

For pros, Vel'koz has decent CC and good AoE damage while Malz does massive single target damage. Overall, both are pretty good if you don't mind being slow.
    Tbh Velkoz his single damage is simply better then Malz's and doesn't depend entirely on a ult. Though Malz may melt tanks faster with his ground AoE. Velkoz has great CC for a mage. Q has low CD and can slow 2 people. His E is a great CC with a tiny knockback if you learn how to use it. Or a knockforward if you want that. His ult also has a small slow built in it, and he does very will without having to built lots of AP thanks to base damage and his passive. Yeah he's purely skillshot, but you have to learn that anyway.

Malz is quite different. He has the longest (?) AoE silence with good scaling in-game. A W that melts anything, even tanks, his E for easy farming and mana regen and well a suppress with good damage in conjunction with your other spells and voidling. The problem is, the suppress also suppresses you, and there are technically items to counter it. If you can't position yourself, you will die extremely fast, especially when ulting.

Malz can be a good champ, especially with the very long silence and his W or suppressing an enemy, but he is very hard to be effective with. That said, AD Malzahar is a lot more hilarious.