10+ Year Old Account

Ran a simcraft just curious

Im posting this on the lock forum because i ran the simcraft for my lock, now in the simcraft it states your burst and avg dps but, i noticed that my locks numbers are higher than the simcraft said. I ran it with a .20% error rate and it stated burst dps was approx 27k and an avg of 18k, i burst 31k+ and hold off at 20k+. The oddities i found were the constant minion switching and the use of fel flame..... i never switch off of felhunter and never use fel flame. Does this mean the simcraft has terrible ideas of the priority rotation? I mean wasting a soul shard to switch minions seems pointless when you can use that soul shard for an instant Soul fire which could possibly proc Decimation, plus when you run out of soul shards you have to cast a 5.4min summon minion spell and that would ruin your dps, am i correct?
    Here is an armory link for my demo lock: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rthin/advanced

---------- Post added 2011-10-19 at 01:19 PM ----------

oh and also i ran the simcraft on helterskelter
    Last edited by Zahgurim; 2011-10-19 at 01:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zahgurim View Post
    oh and also i ran the simcraft on helterskelter
    I found your problem.

____________________R.I.P Excessive Gaming____________________

10+ Year Old Account
    what does the helterskelter option mean? i am new to simcraft btw

---------- Post added 2011-10-19 at 01:52 PM ----------

Holy mother of pearl i just ran it on patchwerk........ now my dps looks like crap XD

Quote Originally Posted by Zahgurim View Post
    what does the helterskelter option mean? i am new to simcraft btw
    It means a heavy movement fight. There aren't very good examples in the current tier, but think phase 1 Al'Akir for comparison. The other extreme is a patchwerk style fight which means no movement at all. Think Baleroc on normal when you aren't a shard soaker.

10+ Year Old Account
    After running it a couple times on patch with a .16% error rate it looks like i have some serious work to do on my locks priority rotation

---------- Post added 2011-10-19 at 02:03 PM ----------

and based on the log it seems i only want to activate demon soul with the felguard up for the 15% haste and 10% dmg bonus, am i correct in thinking that?

Deleted
    if you are wanting to get the absolute maximum DPS then yes, 5 seconds before Demon Soul is off cooldown you want to hard summon your felguard, pop DS/Meta/MWC etc, you'll also want to use felstorm then soulburn/resummon your Felhunter.

Fel Flame will be used whenever you are moving and your corruption/doom isn't up on the boss.

--------------------------------------------

Also looking at your gear, you wanna drop a bit of hit as you are overcapped, as you're demo you really should be stacking mastery hard, but without the MWC you'd probably be better off playing Affliction. Also you might wanna look at your gemming situation, you only really want to use 40 int gems unless the socket bonus somehow is more valuable than the 20 int you'll lose. Which usually it isn't.

------------------------------------------

Also enchant your gloves / bracers.
    Last edited by mmoc24cc1a6b45; 2011-10-19 at 02:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually as afflic my dps is worse than as demo soooo ya def not going afflic and ty for the clarification on the minion