10+ Year Old Account

Asus HD 6870 Graphics Card, problems! help please!

Ok so i buildt my computer, turns on fine, but when i hook my screen to the Asus HD 6870 Graphics Card nothing shows up. I have a ASUS MB P8H67-M PRO moherboard, So the card gets Power, the fan is going, but when i hook up to the screen, nothing shows up. the thing is i have tried two cables and two screen and still it dos not work, please help me out

What power supply do you have?
    Did you plug in the pci-e power cables into the card? The 6870 needs two 6-pin pci-e power cables plugged into it.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

10+ Year Old Account
    yes both are in and i have a 650w Powersuply

Quote Originally Posted by Liesarra View Post
    yes both are in and i have a 650w Powersuply
    Hmm should be no problems there then.
    Imo try it in a different machine, and if it doesn't work there then it's probably just a doa card.
    Got a dud HIS 6850 in my last build... was probably a lucky thing though because I rma'd it and decided to get a 6950 (unlocked to 6970) instead, which is much better xD
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by taekvideo View Post
    Hmm should be no problems there then.
    Imo try it in a different machine, and if it doesn't work there then it's probably just a doa card.
    Got a dud HIS 6850 in my last build... was probably a lucky thing though because I rma'd it and decided to get a 6950 (unlocked to 6970) instead, which is much better xD
    ye but another thing is that my motherboard, wont even work. i conect it directly to the Mobo, and no info on screen. all fans everything starts. Also i had the Mobo in for a new they fixed that one and said it works now. can EVEN conecting to the Mobo and no reaction, conecting to card no reaction. tried 2 cabels and 1 HDMI cabel and 3 screens!

15+ Year Old Account
    take the graphics card out of the computer then see if the graphics on the motherboard work
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

I would hook the computer speaker up and listen for post beep. This will give you a failure code. You can find the answer to these failure codes (http://www.technick.net/public/code/...ide_beep_codes). If your not getting any beeps more than likely the board is dead, mobo that is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aphix23 View Post
    I would hook the computer speaker up and listen for post beep. This will give you a failure code. You can find the answer to these failure codes (http://www.technick.net/public/code/...ide_beep_codes). If your not getting any beeps more than likely the board is dead, mobo that is.
    It just today came back from reperation i send it back to the once i bought it off, and they said it worked. Idk

---------- Post added 2011-10-19 at 06:45 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll View Post
    take the graphics card out of the computer then see if the graphics on the motherboard work
    ok i will, need 10 more letters

---------- Post added 2011-10-19 at 08:50 PM ----------

problem solved, im writing this from the new comp =)

i just tried without the Gcard, right into the Mobo and then again into Grapichs card, and wualla!