Page 1 of 2
LastLast

I have AGAIN about a 5th problem with my new computer I bought, I need help bad.

Okay I am a computer technician except I don't work in that , I used to.

I paid 1850$ in the beginning for a new computer when I thought "Wow this thing will be so beast it's going to be amazing" Well it has been a month and a half and I have NEVER in my entire life seen so many issues with one computer, this is just beyond annoying.

Here is the rig.

Motherboard: Asus P8P67LE B3 revision
    Ram: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 4X4GB
    PSU: Thermaltake 750W
    GPU: EVGA 580GTX
    CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K
    SSD: OWC Extreme Mercury pro 6GB 120GB
    HardDrive: WD 1TB Black 6GB

So here is what happen, in the beginning, everything was working flawlessly I also was using a OCZ Vertex 3 instead of a OWC Mercury pro and I was using a different hard drive too, yea I bought 2 new ones.

First problem started after 3 days,I would get a big buzzing noise , computer would freeze and then having the loading cursor stick forever, so I would reboot, I never had a BSOD not even once, since I bought this pc but still had bunch of problems.

So I did many many tests, dozen of intel burn test that would end with perfect results, I tried with 1 to 2 stick of ram,same results, so I tried installing windows 7 on the hard drive with no ssd plugged in, I realized the old hard drive I was recycling for this was not working properly, on this computer at least.

So I bought a new one and everything was working flawlessly again...finally? no just the type of this iceberg and the expression really freaking work in this case.

After a few days out of no where before I was about to tank for rated battleground my pc froze completely. I tried rebooting and it took about 5mins to boot the loading screen on a SSD but it was working! I could still play. After doing my battlegrounds, I did some test, few reboots and it would always take longer and longer. So I installed windows on my new hard drive and it was working flawlessly again!. So I concluded that every bad review people said about ocz was true and that it was a bad non reliable ssd.

Guess what I did? I paid the insane price for the "reliable" version. I asked for a refund for the SSD so I could buy from a different brand and since I did not have the 1 cent worth box I had pay 20$ more for restocking feee. Then I went and bought the best 120GB SSD and the so called most reliable one so that I would finally be enjoying my damn money spent. Bought the OWC Mercury Pro and everything was working flawlessly until now.

Last night while clicking my achievement tab it froze for 3 seconds enough to have the windows loading cursor pop up, but then it worked, so it got me a little worried but no biggy and then a few minutes later I turned the computer off. So now I had the SAME problem AGAIN with 2 different drives.

Windows loading screen took forever again, I also forget to mention the bios would also take longer to load, the asus bios loading screen.
    Also my DVD burner doesn't burn only read, yes that's another DOA crap and then today it wouldn't get detected by the bios or in windows , so I thought since it wasn't being detected that it could cause the issue.

So instead of opening the computer case again I tried my other hard drive to see if it would be slow but no it was working just fine and my DVD drive was being detected. Then I tried the SSD partition again and it works fine, but I know its temporarily because on the Vertex 3, same thing happen, it was running fine the next day but crashed later on.

So I am first annoyed because I spent money for the most reliable pieces and I am still stuck at square 1, I also made a thread about these issues back then but I ended up all solving it myself the hard way since you cannot bump your own thread.

So I am asking PLEASE someone help me out because at this point it could be ANYTHING, the DVD drive the SSD since OCZ and Vertex3 since both use sandforce or the motherboard.
    Last edited by RenegadeXan; 2011-10-19 at 05:53 PM.

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, if your BIOS is taking forever to load up, the solution is to RMA that thing.
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephiracle View Post
    Honestly, if your BIOS is taking forever to load up, the solution is to RMA that motherboard.
    Fixed for clarity. ;p Since the BIOS has nothing to do with the SSD loading. ;p

By the way I'm suggesting the motherboard for this time around with your issues because honestly, Asus has become difficult to trust more lately.

In fact, I'd RMA the SSD for sure and consider RMA'ing the motherboard as a slow loading BIOS is the motherboard, not the SSD.
    Last edited by DeltrusDisc; 2011-10-19 at 05:58 PM.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah everything you have mentioned thus far has me pointing at the motherboard as your culprit. I personally have not had good luck with the LE version of Asus motherboard and have cease to order them in all together.

Ya i thought so since the beginning but damn, so now i gotta spend 3 months without a computer i presume.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    In fact, I'd RMA the SSD for sure and consider RMA'ing the motherboard as a slow loading BIOS is the motherboard, not the SSD.
    I know I wasn't completely clear on my response, but why would you for sure RMA the SSD while the motherboard is taking forever to load the BIOS.
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

It does sound like a motherboard issue in all honesty as mentioned above. Clearly much easier to diagnose if you had another mobo to test all components on, however it seems likely already. A wise man once told me Motherboard should be one of your most expensive components now we all know price does not mean everything but the best boards are quite often the more expensive ones. Return the mobo asap for another keep in mind rare you can possibly receive 2 defective units depending on your luck.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know I wasn't completely clear on my response, but why would you for sure RMA the SSD while the motherboard is taking forever to load the BIOS.
    Some of the problems sound like they could be SSD related.
    "A flower.

your problem is you have intel processor and not AMD. That is why your computer is acting so strange.. that is my opinion

* Mod Edit: User was infracted for this post. Yea. Brandbashing is not allowed here. You are welcome to express your opinions while backing them up, but flaming even of computercompanies? That's a no go.
    Last edited by BicycleMafioso; 2011-10-19 at 06:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hennek View Post
    your problem is you have intel processor and not AMD. That is why your computer is acting so strange.. that is my opinion
    Just yesterday there was a major warning in a thread you were in about brand-bashing....
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    IMO, If the BIOS in the motherboard is being slow, everything else is going to suffer as well.

Except that is 2 different SSD , same issue.

15+ Year Old Account
    Because he's on an OCZ boycotting tour, he's gone past the point of objectively watching.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evildeffy View Post
    Because he's on an OCZ boycotting tour, he's gone past the point of objectively watching.
    By the way, aside from insulting me... had you taken a closer look.... you would know his newer SSD is not of the OCZ branding.
    "A flower.

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Did no one even see the 750W Thermaltake PSU listed?

If it's a TR2, I bet dollars to donuts that's your problem. :P
    red panda red panda red panda!

Update the bios on the motherboard. Pop the battery out on the motherboard for about 10 minutes (and unplug the power supply power cord for this time). If the issue persists, then it looks 99% likely to be the motherboard having issues. RMA it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post

Oh you're so silly, that couldn't be the problem at all!! >_>

*dumb-founded*
    "A flower.

15+ Year Old Account
    By the way, aside from insulting me... had you taken a closer look.... you would know his newer SSD is not of the OCZ branding.
    It was more meant as a joke, sorry perhaps i should add "" to every post ><

But as an aside note, you really are on a boycotting spree!

Anyway on topic, that PSU is a possible cause aswell, try it with a different PSU.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evildeffy View Post
    It was more meant as a joke, sorry perhaps i should add "" to every post ><

But as an aside note, you really are on a boycotting spree!

Anyway on topic, that PSU is a possible cause aswell, try it with a different PSU.
    Perhaps I am, but I have reason to, not only based on my own experience with their more recent hardware but others' as well. =S
    "A flower.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post

Haven't had issues with Thermaltake TR2 power supplies through my store. Care to elaborate?