Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Dungeon Defenders Thread

Has anyone purchased this on Steam? If so ~ what are you impressions? I purchased the 4 pack and I hope when I get home from work today, that I didnt waste my money. What does the forums think?

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/10/19/du...enders-review/
    Last edited by Beazy; 2011-10-19 at 06:20 PM. Reason: Added link

Deleted
    I have the mobile version.. Gets boring very fast imo..

I haven't played it yet, but I did pre-order so will be soon~

I've got several friends that are going to get it, and I think it'll be a pretty fun multiplayer experience if it doesn't become mind numbingly easy to progress. I'm very interested in the "You can upgrade pretty much any stat" aspect, as multiple paths of improving has always been of interest to me since well before Disgaea came along. I imagine I'd get bored if I was only doing single player, though.

From what they've said, there should be tons and tons of modding oppurtunities available, and that could be fun too. Dunno if it will be, but hey~

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Has anyone purchased this on Steam? If so ~ what are you impressions? I purchased the 4 pack and I hope when I get home from work today, that I didnt waste my money. What does the forums think?

Its a very fun game, the game is even more fun if you have 3 other friends to play with, and on the later stages the game gets very hard.
    Last edited by Torched; 2011-10-19 at 08:36 PM.
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

10+ Year Old Account
    I purchased the 4 pack so I should be able to do a 4player co op tonight. I hope its as good as the reviews are saying. It looks epic!

My main concern is that the challenge is there after a few weeks of playing. I dont want to end up steam rolling missions because everyone is level 70.
    Last edited by Beazy; 2011-10-19 at 08:43 PM.

Got the game and was really excited to play it when I got off of work, only to find that it lags IMMENSELY even on low settings, and I have a really good gaming laptop. Needless to say, I'm mad. I guess it's some kind of bug or whatever. Going to send a report and see if they can do anything about it. Outlook: bleak. It's a shame. I was looking forward to it.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post

I'm loving Dungeon Defenders. It was worth the year wait, imo. I'm disappointed that the Steam familiars need a champion of 25+.

Deleted
    I've just played it for about 6hours... It's amazing on PC multiplayer. Even after the guy I was playing with logged off, it was still fun to keep playing.
    If anyone does have the PC version, add me on steam (Missunify). I'll gladly play some levels with any of you!

I should have gone to sleep 3 hours ago~

The game's difficulty ramps up -quick- and though I can't prove it yet, it sure seems like the game will deliberately spawn a lot of Immune-To-X enemies if you have a strategy that revolves around a pretty heavy use of X. I'm loving how frantic it gets in later waves, and I'm only level 11. Can't wait to try it with three others instead of just one.

Stacking auras make it a bit difficult to see, though. I wonder if I can turn that down somewhere; haven't checked yet.

For those of you still on the fence or who are just wondering what the fuss is about, here's a cool video.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is a trial version on Playstation Network. I downloaded it last night and had a few mins to run through the tutorial this morning. I'm mostly excited to try it out as a couch co-op game.
    Tobyas (85) :: Tobykenobi (85) :: Uruu (85):: Mykka (52)
    <-- All Chars on Ice Since March 2011 -->
    Currently Playing: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

I'm going to try the demo.

Can you play with just 2 people? Or is co-op only with 4?

You can play with 2, 3, or 4. Any number, split screen on local devices or via network, and people can join/leave between waves at the very least (I doubt you can join mid-wave). It scales well with the number of people you have, too, at least from my limited play.

Me and a buddy of mine have been waiting for this game for over a year now, and finally last night we went halfsies on a PSN card to buy it.

He rolled a Squire and I an Apprentice. The game started a bit slow, but once you get the basics down, it gets really fun, really fast.

We played some local matches, some online matches, defeated a few challenges and farmed a few levels on hard for exp/gear. Played until like 4 am, (I had work at 9am) and ended the night both at level 21.

I highly recommend it. My best way to describe the game play is a strategic, role-playing, tower defense game (with a little bit of hack n slash in there). If you're a fiend for Tower Defense flash games like I am, you'll get addicted to this quick.

The option to upgrade your gear/pets is also a fun plus.

10+ Year Old Account
    Played with 3 friends last night. The game is simply EPIC. If you have 15 dollars. Buy this game now. Right now.

I played the demo. I don't like how slow the knight moves around. Hopefully the other classes are faster.

I'm looking forward to getting home so I can raise a second character up some. Since my brother and I are mostly going at it together, it'll help to have another class of towers we can put down that are decent during the build phase.

I really like that the game encourages that, as we are definitely feeling how many more options we'd have with some of the squire's towers with our mage/monk setup. Clarification for those without the game - during the building phase you can swap to any character you have, so playing solo you could still set down towers from every class, then swap to the character you want to fight the actual wave as (and all characters can repair all types of turrets).

Edit: Classes start off slow, though I don't know their relative differences. If you want to be fast and zippy in the game, you'll have to level up your speed or look for items to assist. It's just another choice in the leveling process with pros and cons. My mage is trying to get quick enough to hop around so he can AoE blast groups all over the place to buy time or get over there with overcharge to repair a dying barricade all lickity-split like.
    Last edited by Erakir; 2011-10-20 at 06:51 PM. Reason: Clarification

I have to give the game more time. Right now it seems a bit slow for me. I'm not gonna give up on it though, I love MP tower defense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do some multiplayer with 3 other people and you will see the full potential of DD .

Yeah, I don't know how far the demo goes, but it was playing 2 player in the third level where everything suddenly got surprising and there was never enough time in the later waves there. I was surprised it reached that level pretty quick. I thought it started out a bit slow, too, but it wasn't too long before I had no idea where I should be and only had a vague idea of how every other side of the map was doing. It was hectic but in a very good way.

Hope it works out for you!