Shadow - gems and haste.

Hi, i read from various sites that VT get an extra tick at 30% haste, now is this true?
    atm i got 29.99% (true indeed) and 2586 haste, with 2 40+ haste.
    i can get 30% by fiddling around with gems and some reforging, but i cant get 30% without sacrificing some 40 int gems. will it be woth it?

aw... nvm. i read some more parts in kilee's guide which i never read before, and i need 3 more haste for that tick.
    FUKC!

Edit 2: ok i now got 30.05% haste but i was wondering if the extra tick on VT is worth the 77int i sacrificed to get it?
    Last edited by Martinussen; 2011-10-19 at 07:23 PM.
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ

Quote Originally Posted by Catanowplx View Post
    Hi, i read from various sites that VT get an extra tick at 30% haste, now is this true?
    atm i got 29.99% (true indeed) and 2586 haste, with 2 40+ haste.
    i can get 30% by fiddling around with gems and some reforging, but i cant get 30% without sacrificing some 40 int gems. will it be woth it?
    If you only have to change out one gem- sure- do it! Otherwise, you will hit the haste cap naturally anyways and it is probably not worth the effort...

If you're that close chances are one more piece of loot will push you over the over the threshold, just don't sacrifice too much intellect to obtain it because that is more valuable in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Catanowplx View Post
    Edit 2: ok i now got 30.05% haste but i was wondering if the extra tick on VT is worth the 77int i sacrificed to get it?
    Proper answer: Sim both and see which one is better

http://chardev.org/?profile=257078

That should yield the highest possible dps with that gear if you don't get DI and aim for the seccond VT tic.

Edit: This way I've excanged 40int for 60 haste and 10 hit rating and that should be pretty even. Don't have time to simc it atm though.

10+ Year Old Account
    put another orange gem into your legs. you get the same amount of int and 20 more haste.

pardon my english

Deleted
    youre reforging hit to spirit, wut?

tbh, its so cheap to buy BoE boots etc, you might aswell invest in JP boots etc etc.

keep mastery, but reforge crit out hit cap/haste plateaus etc.

btw, i have a follow up question. after u pass the 30% haste, should u still stack up on haste or go for mastery or crit?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kveli View Post
    btw, i have a follow up question. after u pass the 30% haste, should u still stack up on haste or go for mastery or crit?
    I continue stacking HST.

In my opinion you should never sacrefice intellect for any secondary stats if your stuck at 29% with you gear and that you aboslutly want your 30% i would take out the spirit of one piece and reforge it to haste. Cause the weight of spirit/hit is alot lower than intellect.