Thread: Traits

Traits

I dont know if theres a thread like this on the forum (sorry if there is) but what are traits do they act like your talents or your glyphs or both im just a little bit confused on what they are. I also understand that they will be obtained from quest and you will get them from your class trainer or someone thats related to your class. I thank in advance for clarification.

10+ Year Old Account
    They have recently completely redesigned the traits system, and have yet to show it publicly.
    So anything anyone will tell you isn't correct anymore.

ah thank you to bad we'll have to wait but i want it to be good so i'll wait.

Didn't Eric Flannum say that "completely redesigned" was an exaggeration? I think it was more like they're making some changes to it and aren't ready to reveal quite what it is yet, since they may just revert them to how they were. All the old information on traits is on the wiki: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Traits

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aammadan View Post
    Didn't Eric Flannum say that "completely redesigned" was an exaggeration?
    "Completely redesigned" is an exaggeration on my behalf.
    "Scrapped" was the exaggeration by Jon Peters that Eric Flannum was refering to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Flannum
    Hey guys, just thought I'd jump in and clarify some things. First, the term "scrapped" was an unfortunate choice of words on Jon's part. He tends to use very strong language to describe things even when it isn't warranted (all part of his charm). I think when most people think of something being "scrapped" they think of things being completely tossed out and restarted from square one which isn't at all what's happened with the trait system.

The changes that you will see made to traits, and the acquisition of skills all make use of and leverage things that were for the most part already in the game. To say we "scrapped" the trait system is an overstatement.

As to why we made these changes, when we explain the changes we'll explain why exactly we thought that we needed to make them. I think the changes are a huge positive improvement for the game but I'll leave that up to your judgement once we're able to explain things more fully.
    It definitely does sound like a large enough change to make what we know of traits so far irrelevant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    "Completely redesigned" is an exaggeration on my behalf.
    "Scrapped" was the exaggeration by Jon Peters that Eric Flannum was refering to.
    It definitely does sound like a large enough change to make what we know of traits so far irrelevant.
    Actually i think redesign is a pretty accurate way to describe it...
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    Actually i think redesign is a pretty accurate way to describe it...
    "Complete" is possibly too far though

Yep that was the quote I was referring to, just CBA to find it myself haha.

10+ Year Old Account
    the old system they were basically augments to certain skills with some majors being complete stat boosts. things like reducing the amount of hits it takes to trigger burning on a guardian or making all of your stealth abilities blind adjacent enemies

EDIT: what i heard is that the "redesigned" part is how you acquire them and not so much what they do (although specific traits might be being changed
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glytch View Post
    the old system they were basically augments to certain skills with some majors being complete stat boosts. things like reducing the amount of hits it takes to trigger burning on a guardian or making all of your stealth abilities blind adjacent enemies

EDIT: what i heard is that the "redesigned" part is how you acquire them and not so much what they do (although specific traits might be being changed
    That's also what I have heard

10+ Year Old Account
    i didnt like the stat boost traits i hope those get axed b4 launch
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass