Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Time for me to dust off the shield and HoW some Allies...

When I face a prot pally, warrior, or blood dk, I literally make sure they have someone else to beat on, and I simply spam exorcism till vengeance falls off. Then I get back on them till my mana is full and repeat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    When I face a prot pally, warrior, or blood dk, I literally make sure they have someone else to beat on, and I simply spam exorcism till vengeance falls off. Then I get back on them till my mana is full and repeat.
    Wouldn't that keep Vengeance up partially on that tank, even if it would drop to miniscule levels? I'm sure Exo isn't one of the ways to dispel Vengeance.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

still dont know how u can get beat by a pvp prot pally.. they tend to be the worst tank outta the bunch.. sure they have good defense but i mean damm their dmg is horrible.. if u can stun them u can go behind and avoid all the blocking dodging parries etc.. and ya u can encounter dumb people that go after them but what can u do.

Hammer of fuck your face like Towelliee is all you need to do, no but this cant be at lvl 85, i remember when me and my brother owned 70 bg's me on prot and him on holy pala, good times but doubt you can do that at 85 though.

Deleted
    I'm gonna go ahead and shamelessly copy something I posted a while ago in a similar thread about prot pvp:

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/742...2110005305.jpg

Keep in mind this was a 43min zerg-alterac. I was mostly re-capping and defending stonehearth/icewing bunker. Ofc did we have the superior team and heals, and I would've done good as ret, too, but this thread is about showing that prot can also contribute to the success of a bg, fullfilling a dps/control/tank hybrid-kinda-role.

Not every scoreboard looks like this, but being top 3 in damage done and often even highish on kb's isn't a rarity.
    Bottom line: If your team is shit, you're not gonna do shit, either. If you've got capable teammates, you can do your part as prot, you just have to understand that your role isn't 2min-killing-machine anymore.

Deleted
    I'd be Extremely scared of this Prot Pally carrying a Blood DK.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syanane View Post
    A prot paladin. with 47 KB's? no. just no.

There's no way you were at 85 and this guy was pulling those numbers, prot is great at surviving but lol'able in the damage dealing department.

As he said above ^, the only exception would be if the prot paladin has a pocket healer following him around & his enemies were stupid enough to focus on him instead of the healer.

Sadly I have seen this happen before in randoms & because of abilities like vengeance & sacred duty it is possible to become a wrecking ball if your enemies are stupid & or low geared.
    The way balancing for WOW PVP works is allot like American politics.
    1: Be lazy & ignore problems till the yelling is so loud your cant concentrate.
    2: Refuse to do the things you have Said need to be done, then make up reasons why they cannot be done.
    3: Lay the blame for problems on someone else even when it's your fault because you did all of the above.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slazmaster View Post
    i believe it :P
    back in LK i was prot pally and i was pretty much invincible in battlegrounds...almost always topped killing blows and dmg
    i havent played since cata came out but im sure it wouldnt have changed too much
    Protret doesn't work anymore. I too ran it to about 2700 in 3v3 (pret/warrior + druid or priest) back in S8, it was strong in S7, too, but those days are gone - for it to perform perfectly you had to run 700 ish resilience and a truckton of PvE DPS gear/2p tanking tier as opposed to the 1200+ resi and full PvP gear a ret paladin would/should run. But that's besides the point, the point is protret does not work anymore, it will never pull out the numbers needed for it to be viable like it was before, let alone full on protection. It didn't change "so much", it changed completely. Sure, I think this guy's story is believable, any class/spec can perform, what I fail to understand is all the praise he's getting from the OP - 47 killing blows, what BG? How long did it last? How shit was your team? Was he alone or did he queue with someone else?

There's so much one needs to factor in, the fact Grewsome is calling him out as an insanely skilled player just because he landed a killing blow on 47 people as a prot paladin bothers me a lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tranq shot/Shiv/Soothe would probably work in this situation.
    I used to like WoW. I still do, but I used to, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by urban dictionary
    Terms such as "baddie" do nothing to help remove the socially-inept, tone-deaf loser stigma stuck on gamers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Playintrafic View Post
    Does it matter? PvP matters as much as pet battles.

thus allowing the pally to run around freely and stomp every physical dps.