Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Karteli View Post
    OK maybe not .. even the press beta gamers couldn't keep a lid on that .. hmm what could they keep a lid on then is the question..
    im going with BioWare announcing a Hutt ball Tourny for guilds 3 weeks after release for in game cash and prizes!(Yes im a fracking huttball fan lemme alone! lol)

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Medjai View Post
    im going with BioWare announcing a Hutt ball Tourny for guilds 3 weeks after release for in game cash and prizes!(Yes im a fracking huttball fan lemme alone! lol)
    ANYTHING that means tournament/rated PvP so soon after launch, pleaseeeeee.
    My Cracked articles, writing blog, and Twitter.

    The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

    Want to chat with people who aren't idiots? Join our IRC.

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshmaul View Post
    I knew it was there - it was just no one started truly giving a shit about it until Wrath of the Lich King, and it didn't become a requirement for anything (i.e. the 346 iLvl to get into the Zandalari instances, and I'm guessing it's gonna be 350-something - 359, most like - to get into the Cata CoT ones).
    True, but in BC most raiding guilds still had gear requirements to be able to raid with them. It may not have been "obtain this average ilvl" but it was probably more like "obtain this amount of AP/SP/hit/crit" or "must have gear inspected by raid leader/class officer". And most people couldn't pug 25 man raids until pretty late into BC, so there wasn't even a real need to be able to quickly judge the overall quality of someone's gear.

    In Wrath, the very first 25 man raid was puggable because it was so easy, and requirements were more like "have all heroic dungeon gear or better" or "link achievement". But with more difficult raids like Ulduar and initially ICC, and the wide spread in the quality of gear available in the game at that point, having higher level gear became more important. So the process of a pug raid leader checking someone's gear without being an expert on the class became more important, thus it was outsourced to an addon.

    It's not Blizz's fault, it was just the natural progression of the formation of pug groups in the WoW community.



    OT: Bleh, PvP. I haven't really looked into it in TOR, mostly because I don't like PvP (except WAR which I LOVED). Guess I should check out this "huttball" thing, see if it's worth getting into.

  4. #44
    Great, so now the press can tell me everything I already know from leak websites!

    /golfclap

    I apologize, I'm just angry that I'm not in the beta...

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by GarGar View Post
    OT: Bleh, PvP. I haven't really looked into it in TOR, mostly because I don't like PvP (except WAR which I LOVED). Guess I should check out this "huttball" thing, see if it's worth getting into.
    If only EA had people from Mythic on the SWTOR dev team...

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Deckon View Post
    If only EA had people from Mythic on the SWTOR dev team...
    But they do!

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    you know what I just thought. That is not NDA protected because they revealed it at a live demo. ilevel gear

    http://darthhater.com/media/gallery/...in_leaderboard

    gear score cha cha cha!!
    I don't see an ilvl, but thanks to this screen shot from Gamespot I have a clearer idea of the Light I, II, II, etc stuff. 4000 Light points = Light Side rank 3
    Zhenji 90 Mistweaver
    Eonar US


  8. #48
    Dreadlord Adeodatus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    United States of America
    Posts
    858
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilscrappy View Post
    Great, so now the press can tell me everything I already know from leak websites!

    /golfclap

    I apologize, I'm just angry that I'm not in the beta...
    *pats you on the back* I know that feel, bro.

    Since I've been busy as hell, there will probably be information coming out once the press NDA is dropped that I haven't heard. Lucky me!
    "I'll tell you something, my Tenchi, you know the carnival comes and goes. But if you wait for a while, it'll always come back to you, Tenchi."~Ryoko TENCHIxRYOKO FTW!

    "The crystal is the heart of the blade. The heart is the crystal of the Jedi. The Jedi is the crystal of the Force.
    The Force is the blade of the heart. All are intertwined. The crystal, the blade, the Jedi. You are one.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by GarGar View Post
    True, but in BC most raiding guilds still had gear requirements to be able to raid with them. It may not have been "obtain this average ilvl" but it was probably more like "obtain this amount of AP/SP/hit/crit" or "must have gear inspected by raid leader/class officer". And most people couldn't pug 25 man raids until pretty late into BC, so there wasn't even a real need to be able to quickly judge the overall quality of someone's gear.

    In Wrath, the very first 25 man raid was puggable because it was so easy, and requirements were more like "have all heroic dungeon gear or better" or "link achievement". But with more difficult raids like Ulduar and initially ICC, and the wide spread in the quality of gear available in the game at that point, having higher level gear became more important. So the process of a pug raid leader checking someone's gear without being an expert on the class became more important, thus it was outsourced to an addon.

    It's not Blizz's fault, it was just the natural progression of the formation of pug groups in the WoW community.
    This is true. When I started getting into pug raids during TBC, it was customary to be asked what is your Attack Power/Spell Power as that was the determination of where your gear and "power" was.

    People who complain about ilevel requirements usually do so because they are in quest greens trying to get in Firelands pugs.

  10. #50
    High Overlord Primal Zed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Land of Bush and Dust
    Posts
    183
    Considering how much hate IGN gets on the SWTOR boards, I'm amused that they're the first to bring up the NDA being lifted for media.

    It's been hinted at on gamebreaker.tv's "The Republic" webcast.

    Will be interesting to see what kind of information and media opinions come as a result of this.

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    Sadly enough, ilvl on gear would be enough for me to cancel my pre-order. I don't want the swtor community to be like the wow community. Item level is horrible and should not be implemented. I'm sick of the "### ilvl required BS that is in WoW and didn't want to see it in SWTOR. Not gonna cancel it quite yet though till I see some kind of solid info showing this. Can't really say 100% that the gear shown has ilvl. The "rating" could mean something different. I hope so.
    What do you prefer instead of ilvl? "Come to the Cantina so I can inspect your gear before I invite you? Also post your achievments!" ???
    I sure know that I do NOT prefer this version! iLvl is better than THIS. And one of the two you will have.

    ---------- Post added 2011-10-20 at 01:03 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluesparks75 View Post
    People who complain about ilevel requirements usually do so because they are in quest greens trying to get in Firelands pugs.
    Well, I know a lot of people who complain about it as they find it "insulting" that people think "I would not have looked after my gear" (I knew a guy who was having top gear, but if a PUG raid asked for gear score he would not join as he found it insulting).

    Still, I think iLvl is the "lesser of two evils". I *hate* gear inspections "at place xy". With ilvl I can just w the guy "I am tank with ilvl 373" and there is the invite ^^

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Zed View Post
    Considering how much hate IGN gets on the SWTOR boards, I'm amused that they're the first to bring up the NDA being lifted for media.

    It's been hinted at on gamebreaker.tv's "The Republic" webcast.

    Will be interesting to see what kind of information and media opinions come as a result of this.
    I really REALLY hope it is not just a lot of tools giving 10/10 opinions on every single aspect of the game like they did with WAR, FF14, and Aion.

    I prefer the Rift method. Drop the NDA and let the game sell itself and by the time you get reviews everyone goes "uhh we already knew that"
    http://raptr.com/puremallace/about

    What has been made by QQ can be unmade by QQ!!!

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicSN View Post
    What do you prefer instead of ilvl? "Come to the Cantina so I can inspect your gear before I invite you? Also post your achievments!" ???
    I sure know that I do NOT prefer this version! iLvl is better than THIS. And one of the two you will have.

    ---------- Post added 2011-10-20 at 01:03 PM ----------



    Well, I know a lot of people who complain about it as they find it "insulting" that people think "I would not have looked after my gear" (I knew a guy who was having top gear, but if a PUG raid asked for gear score he would not join as he found it insulting).

    Still, I think iLvl is the "lesser of two evils". I *hate* gear inspections "at place xy". With ilvl I can just w the guy "I am tank with ilvl 373" and there is the invite ^^
    I'd rather inspect the gear. I like to know whether my tank has int gems or not. Even now if someone whispers me with ilvl or GS I tell them I don't give a shit about that number and inspect them myself.
    Check out what I'm selling in ESO HERE!

    Interested in joining the MMO-Champion US guild? Whisper me in-game! @greevir

  14. #54
    Epic! Iceleaf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Santa Destroy
    Posts
    1,567
    "when women wear makeup they’re basically lying to us"
    Well, I don’t see why women are being blamed if man is stupid enough to really think they have red and gold eyelids.

  15. #55
    Pandaren Monk Shamburger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    The Great White North
    Posts
    1,763
    Bah, all stuff we already know. I am dissappoint.
    Common sense, evidence, and logic aren't things very many people are accepting of when the result of it means they're wrong.

  16. #56
    Epic! Iceleaf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Santa Destroy
    Posts
    1,567
    Yeah its not really surprise I guess. I wonder what other sites say about stuff. Soon you can read about Combat, dark/light side, Flashpoints, worlds and story. Most likely stuff people that keep news in check all the time knows but casual followers are people who these are meant to it seems =/
    "when women wear makeup they’re basically lying to us"
    Well, I don’t see why women are being blamed if man is stupid enough to really think they have red and gold eyelids.

  17. #57
    Scarab Lord Trollsbane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Posts
    4,484
    Yep, you have to remember, these are news sites, not leakers. Twyre not writing to bring you all the "little secrets" that many people believe we don't already know. There aren't many btw.

    The best thing that we'll see from it is the excitement for the game after a few weeks playing as compared to earlier 1 or 2 day impressions.

    My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamburger View Post
    Bah, all stuff we already know. I am dissappoint.
    Same here :/
    Zhenji 90 Mistweaver
    Eonar US


  19. #59
    Most of the info they have in these releases was mentioned in a video or article on the SWTOR site itself. Maybe the other articles, specifically the story one will be new info, as little of the story is known. Some class gameplay videos or in depth info would be nifty.

  20. #60
    Scarab Lord Trollsbane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Posts
    4,484

    My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •