Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Stay tuned, more info tomorrow

Was pretty much inevitable with Blizzcon creeping up.

Apparently there's going to be a heap of info released tomorrow on IGN, so stay tuned.

http://pc.ign.com/articles/121/1210147p1.html

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if we see an NDA lift soon. The game's getting too close to release to still have an NDA, seems kinda dumb to hype a game but not be able to discuss features so close to launch.

Update: NDA for press is being lifted tomorrow.

http://twitter.com/#!/Rockjaw

"As others have noted, we have a press embargo on #SWTOR dropping tomorrow. We've had press in for a while. Testers are still under NDA."
    Last edited by Abrasion; 2011-10-20 at 01:40 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Awesome!

Though I seem to rememberthe last time they said they'd do an article a day, they only did 2. ><

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

Very interesting. I wasn't really expecting an NDA lift until the first round of early access at the earliest, so maybe early access is soon to come.
    Author of Instance Profit Tracker
    Find out how much gold you earn soloing raids and dungeons

Curse | GitHub
    WowInterface

Quote Originally Posted by Abrasion View Post
    Was pretty much inevitable with Blizzcon creeping up.

Apparently there's going to be a heap of info released tomorrow on IGN, so stay tuned.

http://pc.ign.com/articles/121/1210147p1.html

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if we see an NDA lift soon. The game's getting too close to release to still have an NDA, seems kinda dumb to hype a game but not be able to discuss features so close to launch.
    NDA is still around largely because of the story, and the huge stink some plots would bring to every SWTOR forums in existence.
    Zhenji 90 Mistweaver
    Eonar US

Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    Awesome!

Though I seem to rememberthe last time they said they'd do an article a day, they only did 2. ><
    They're saying they're going to do 6.. hopefully that works out.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow to see if there's any big news.. getting kinda bored of PvP information.

i aproove this. bring on the info to quench my undending thirst for power
    someone else might have gotten it wrong.

Just to be sure no one misunderstands. This is from Stephen Reid's Twitter:

Rockjaw Stephen Reid
    As others have noted, we have a press embargo on #SWTOR dropping tomorrow. We've had press in for a while. Testers are still under NDA.

Rockjaw Stephen Reid
    That means if you're in testing, you're still bound by NDA. Only press who have been admitted will be sharing their impressions.
    The NDA is still going to be in effect for the vast majority of people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcilux View Post
    Very interesting. I wasn't really expecting an NDA lift until the first round of early access at the earliest, so maybe early access is soon to come.
    I doubt Early Access is soon to come, though it would be amazing, I doubt it as we are too far off to allow that many people to start playing. Remember, Early Access is not Beta and we do not lose our toons once it goes live. The NDA will be lifted prior because it doesnt make sense to have a NDA during any part of early access. My guess is early access will be a week prior at best and there will be no NDA once it starts.

Just in time for Blizzcon too, though it must be a coincidence

Thanks much for the heads-up!

How is ign for a source though? Some of these sites opinions tend be biased as they are paid for positive reviews by the publisher and not necesarily critical ones.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonCold View Post
    How is ign for a source though? Some of these sites opinions tend be biased as they are paid for positive reviews by the publisher and not necesarily critical ones.
    The article makes the information sound more fact based than opinionated.

So .. depends on the information though. Sounds like they got permission to reveal features protected by the NDA - since they are going to talk about their beta experience, which ordinarily would be about 2 sentences before you have to stop and end discussions.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonCold View Post
    98% of the "paid review" things are mostly because "angry nerds" crying. IGN is reliable information when it comes to news at least.
    Besides this is not review so it cant be really paid for. It affects all press..so if IGN tells stuff, you can read it from other sites aswell.

Like certain person says, reviews are doomed to wrath of thousand nerds who want pat on their head for buying the game. Thats why the most common IGN comment is from 13 year old going "omfg you gave Mw2 better score than you gave this game I spend money in!? ONLY 9.0? PAID REVIEWS!!!1" (even on different genres like gran turismo 5..).
    Yeah I wouldnt worry about it.
    Last edited by mmocd6ad878d9b; 2011-10-19 at 11:25 PM.

thanks for this, always like seeing impressions of the game, they must have gotten the ok to post NDA stuff, wonder if it is just IGN or if we'll start seeing more stuff across all the major news sites.

Yeah early access will only be a week tops before game releases in december....

Please NDA drop. I can't post here anymore or on the offcial forums without getting banned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RevanSparda View Post
    Please NDA drop. I can't post here anymore or on the offcial forums without getting banned.
    While we've edited many posts, we've yet to infract a single person for breaking the NDA. We're editing posts and asking that it stop, but our goal isn't to punish people for being enthusiastic about the game. It's just a rule we need to live with. But we don't want to slap people for it if we don't have to do so.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

<Snip>

Abrasion: Gee, thanks Spider-Trolls.

Spider-Trolls: Everybody gets one.
    Last edited by Trollsbane; 2011-10-20 at 12:26 AM.

You can slap me Trolls, whenever you want.

OT: I doubt the NDA will drop for the majority of the beta testers until the game is much closer to release.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Abrasion View Post
    <Snip>

Abrasion: Gee, thanks Spider-Trolls.

Spider-Trolls: Everybody gets one.
    <3 Spider-Trolls XD

Quote Originally Posted by thenextaverageguy View Post
    <3 Spider-Trolls XD
    Spider Troll, Spider Troll. Does whatever a spider Troll does... Can he swing, from a web? ...no he can't, he's a Troll. look out, he is the spider Troll..

ok missed the other reference, whatever is was before the snip.