Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I look forward to what they have to say. Should be pretty interesting, even if I know mostly everything they can possibly say due to certain sites /ninja.

So yeah, looks like the press NDA is being lifted tomorrow according to Stephen Reid's twitter:

http://twitter.com/#!/Rockjaw

"As others have noted, we have a press embargo on #SWTOR dropping tomorrow. We've had press in for a while. Testers are still under NDA."

oh god I wish they would drop the NDA already. The wait is killing me you have no idea. I just found out something that almost made me crack a rib I was laughing so hard.

/teaser

I have no idea why on which planet in which galaxy far far away why they would ever think putting this in another game would ever be a good idea

Man guys you have no clue..omg

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    oh god I wish they would drop the NDA already. The wait is killing me you have no idea. I just found out something that almost made me crack a rib I was laughing so hard.

/teaser

I have no idea why on which planet in which galaxy far far away why they would ever think putting this in another game would ever be a good idea

Yeah because nobody else on mmo-champ visits leak sites
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Yeah because nobody else on mmo-champ visits leak sites
    you know what I just thought. That is not NDA protected because they revealed it at a live demo. ilevel gear

http://darthhater.com/media/gallery/...in_leaderboard

gear score cha cha cha!!

iLevels =/= Gear Score

you know what I just thought. That is not NDA protected because they revealed it at a live demo. ilevel gear

gear score cha cha cha!!
    I can't see any ilvl but that's probably because it's a bad picture so I'm gonna take your word for it.

Personally I have no problem with gearscore, it's always just been an ilvl average. I can't wait to see the QQ about this though.

---------- Post added 2011-10-20 at 10:00 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Abrasion View Post
    iLevels =/= Gear Score
    Actually, it's the same thing. Gearscore just put things like trinkets and weapons ahead of rings and relics.

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

As much as I dislike ilvl and gearscore, it isn't like those things are going away in a gear-based progression game. If the ratings didn't exist on the in-game UI then certainly they would exist outside the game.

10+ Year Old Account

/teaser

Is this supposed to be some sort of secret coded bashing?

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

10+ Year Old Account
    Sadly enough, ilvl on gear would be enough for me to cancel my pre-order. I don't want the swtor community to be like the wow community. Item level is horrible and should not be implemented. I'm sick of the "### ilvl required BS that is in WoW and didn't want to see it in SWTOR. Not gonna cancel it quite yet though till I see some kind of solid info showing this. Can't really say 100% that the gear shown has ilvl. The "rating" could mean something different. I hope so.

Quote Originally Posted by Osskssa View Post
    Um no, testers are still under NDA...means they have had press reviewing/playing them game and they gonna drop the embargo from them so they can release the info on what they have been seeing....testers still cant say shit
    Yeah, the press is going to be more reliable when it comes to giving accurate reviews. Their careers depend on their unbiased reviews/opinions. BioWare is confident enough to let em out of their cages and run free, with whatever it is they want to say.

Tester reviews would be all over the place, with little accountability for anything said (for or against), including misinformation. Everyone has personal motives (fan, hater, etc) and I imagine BioWare doesn't want anonymous testers skewing any legitimate reviews from established journalists.

After all some have seen the negative bogus reviews on leak sites that claimed to be from testers, but had misinformation in them, enough to prove they never even researched the game (let alone play it) before making an anonymous review
    Last edited by Karteli; 2011-10-20 at 02:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    Sadly enough, ilvl on gear would be enough for me to cancel my pre-order. I don't want the swtor community to be like the wow community. Item level is horrible and should not be implemented. I'm sick of the "### ilvl required BS that is in WoW and didn't want to see it in SWTOR. Not gonna cancel it quite yet though till I see some kind of solid info showing this. Can't really say 100% that the gear shown has ilvl. The "rating" could mean something different. I hope so.
    You do realize that in a game that is BASED off of gear progression, there has to be some sort of rating on the gear? Even if it's not shown through the game UI, it would still be in the game. You need a game like GW2 where they don't have gear upgrades and everything is just cosmetic-based (correct me if I'm wrong) if you don't want gear progression and ilvls. Which is why GW2 doesn't have raiding.

Do you also realize that WoW had ilvl ever since Vanilla?

gear score cha cha cha!!
    Dont see any ilvl on the pic, pretty sure the Rating is something completely un-linked to any sort of ilvl seeing as there is no ''rating'' number on his actual character sheet...thankfully

10+ Year Old Account
    This is getting derailed fairly quickly. Someone create the anti-ilvl whine thread so we can discuss it there. That way it'll be easier for Trolls to lock, and we can keep this one open for speculation on tomorrows events.

10+ Year Old Account
    You do realize that in a game that is BASED off of gear progression, there has to be some sort of rating on the gear? Even if it's not shown through the game UI, it would still be in the game. You need a game like GW2 where they don't have gear upgrades and everything is just cosmetic-based (correct me if I'm wrong) if you don't want gear progression and ilvls. Which is why GW2 doesn't have raiding.

I don't remember ever seeing ilvl on gear in Vanilla or BC. If fact, I only remember seeing ilvl on gear when 3.2 hit. Yes, I know that there has always been an ilvl (used to help maintain stat balance) but it wasn't made avail to the public (outside of addons) till 3.2. Gearscore was the bane of wow till then, and Blizz thought they would fix that by showing the ilvl on the gear and your character. It didn't help. It just changed the number. Instead of people screaming for 11k GS they scream for ilvl 378. The problem with putting ilvl on the gear is people tend to focus on that and that alone, instead of focusing on the stats they actually need. An ilvl 371 can be better than an ilvl 391, it depends of the stats that you specifically need.

I don't remember ever seeing ilvl on gear in Vanilla or BC. If fact, I only remember seeing ilvl on gear when 3.2 hit. Yes, I know that there has always been an ilvl (used to help maintain stat balance) but it wasn't made avail to the public (outside of addons) till 3.2. Gearscore was the bane of wow till then, and Blizz thought they would fix that by showing the ilvl on the gear and your character. It didn't help. It just changed the number. Instead of people screaming for 11k GS they scream for ilvl 378. The problem with putting ilvl on the gear is people tend to focus on that and that alone, instead of focusing on the stats they actually need. An ilvl 371 can be better than an ilvl 391, it depends of the stats that you specifically need.
    The item score in Vanilla was part of the item data. You needed to look it up though on a data mining site, like allakhazam or thottbot though.

But yeah, I don't think it was a part of data addons could access (could be wrong).

Speculation: Well BioWare went the extra mile to implement symbols, direct flights, achievements .. what if ... what if they did something totally unexpected, like announced Pazaak!

OK maybe not .. even the press beta gamers couldn't keep a lid on that .. hmm what could they keep a lid on then is the question..
    Last edited by Karteli; 2011-10-20 at 02:59 AM.

This is a problem if you spend all your time pugging (and if you did spend all your time pugging, after a while you would have a decent ilvl wouldn't you?) Guilds don't really care about your ilvl.

Yes, an ilvl 371 weapon/trinket can be better than a 391, just as DMC was the best trinket for most STR dps from 3.0 until 3.3, and how the first Libram in Wrath lasted Holy Paladins until Cata. I wouldn't want to be grouping with people who can't tell the difference though and just look at the number; in which case you can tell that their leadership won't be that stellar already.
    Last edited by vizzle; 2011-10-20 at 03:01 AM.

I can't wait for the game media circus that will be the lifting of the press NDA tomorrow. So much delicious new info to read about.

As a side note, the "Rating" beside the armor value is not ilvl. It was never really clear what it is, because weapons have a rating beside the damage values too. But it doesn't have to do with weapon dps/required level/item quality either, because a higher dps weapon with better stats sometimes has a lower "rating" than other, worse weapons. Perhaps that'll be something covered in the info released tomorrow.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is a problem if you spend all your time pugging (and if you did spend all your time pugging, after a while you would have a decent ilvl wouldn't you?) Guilds don't really care about your ilvl.
    I plan on just playing with friends. Which means I would need to occasionally pug.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I knew it was there - it was just no one started truly giving a shit about it until Wrath of the Lich King, and it didn't become a requirement for anything (i.e. the 346 iLvl to get into the Zandalari instances, and I'm guessing it's gonna be 350-something - 359, most like - to get into the Cata CoT ones). People tended to rely on gearscore addons to figure out how "good" their gear was.