Thread: Demo and 4.3

Demo and 4.3

In 4.3 with the mastery nerf Mr.robot sais our next best stat will be haste, that being said will it replace our BiS trinkets from darkmoon card volcano and Moonwell chalice to other haste trinkets? Thoughts, Ideas anything. Im really looking for a Discussion. thanks!
    Sarah yells: I am the lucid dream
    Sarah yells: The monster in your nightmares
    Sarah yells: The fiend of a thousand faces
    Sarah yells: Cower before my true form
    Yogg-Saron yells: BOW DOWN BEFORE THE GOD OF DEATH

Master Demonologist now grants a base bonus of 18.4% and 2.3% per mastery, up from 16% and 2% per mastery.

I do believe that is a buff to mastery. Yes the Doomgaurd got nerfed but the other changes are meant to counter that. I could see haste moving up after the Chalice gets outclassed but not until then.

Mr. Robot is pretty useless for any sort of theorycraft unless you've given it your own personally generated stat weights. As noted above, mastery's benefit is getting boosted, which should (more than) make up for the nerf to the Doomguard's mastery scaling.

It's also a really bad resource for trinket information, especially as Demonology, because it tries to calculate the value of procs as their average stat value.
    Last edited by Beskar; 2011-10-20 at 02:35 AM. Reason: typo

Deleted
    Indeed, as it was mentioned, Askmrrobot is a great source for information about your character, but when it comes to trinkets for certain classes the algorhythms don't really reflect the uptime and stats of several trinkets.

To answer your question, I agree with this quote: "I could see haste moving up after the Chalice gets outclassed but not until then. "

All they did was take away some dependency from our doomguards and give us more control by buffing meta and personal pet.

Simcraft still shows Demo on top and Mastery as the best stat to stack.

Sig made by Shyama. Click sig for current Warlock armory.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Harsesis View Post
    Master Demonologist now grants a base bonus of 18.4% and 2.3% per mastery, up from 16% and 2% per mastery.

I do believe that is a buff to mastery. Yes the Doomgaurd got nerfed but the other changes are meant to counter that. I could see haste moving up after the Chalice gets outclassed but not until then.
    After Int and Hit being the most important scale factors, you have these as the latest results for 4.3 (http://www.simulationcraft.org/430/Warlock.html):

Affliction: Crit 1.5719 Haste 1.6909 Mastery 1.2067
    Demo: Crit 1.6203 Haste 2.0360 Mastery 2.0406
    Destro: Crit 1.5480 Haste 1.8116 Mastery 1.5167

Since haste scales almost identically with Mastery for Demo, it should be more beneficial to go to a Int>Hit>Haste>Mastery/Crit build for all specs if you want to have two well rounded PvE specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Annya View Post
    Indeed, as it was mentioned, Askmrrobot is a great source for information about your character, but when it comes to trinkets for certain classes the algorhythms don't really reflect the uptime and stats of several trinkets.

To answer your question, I agree with this quote: "I could see haste moving up after the Chalice gets outclassed but not until then. "
    I'm one of the devs for Mr. Robot, thought I'd give you some more information on how we handle trinkets:

1. We are aware that moonwell chalice is particularly good for demo, and that SimC shows it to be a huge DPS increase. It is on our to-do list to examine this and try to come up with some weights that work better.

2. In general, we know that on-use trinkets can sometimes be more valuable than they seem. Usually it's not that big of a deal... and it's pretty hard to come up with a way to rank each individual trinket for each spec and play style, so we just use an average as a reasonable way to compare trinkets. This usually works because many people lose up-time when timing up on-use trinkets, so the overall damage increase isn't that large. Usually the big benefit of on-use trinkets is more damage when it matters, not more total damage. Fights with particular mechanics (e.g. magmaw) can favor on-use trinkets of course, but we rank for the "general" case, not specific cases.

3. Our trinket estimates are the best around -- you can see how we estimate each trinket here: http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/trinkets Go to that page and click on your spec to see an alphabetized list of estimates for the procs on trinkets. We generate these with a simulator -- that page has more explanation of our methods that you can read. (As always, if you see an estimate that looks incorrect, please tell us and we will fix it as soon as possible!)