healing pproblems on H gate keeper

Last night. My guild finaly movved on to 6/7 hm we were stuck at 4/7 for somme time. During hbalrock I was haveing quite a hard time with healing, it felt like no matter how many DL I pumped out I was always behind, and then I would end up oom even with mana cd's. I switched my offspec to a full on single target spec and changed my gear around and it helped, but we still endered up needing a third heal thus makeing the enrage timer rather tight. Am I doing something terribly wrong? Or is this a case of just needing to find a way to steap up my game? On my phone @ work so going to give you my toon name, will update post with armory and logs later.

Mitsuka Dawnbringer

Any advise or insights would be great, felt like I was holding my raid back and that's a bad feel.
    <KillingTime> Dawnbringer U.S. 8/8 heroic
    Mitsuka, Savior of Aseroth

Deleted
    Well as a start you're not holding your raid back if they still reach enrage timer with 7 DPS. Anyhow 2 man heal should be easy, especially if you have 1 single person soak the first crytal ( this will give a HUGE boost on stacks for that healer ). Use some CDs like HoSac, AM on the first soaking person, also try to set it up that the soaker will be a DK / Feral / Spriest.

Deleted
    Just a guess, but are you using a Shadow Priest to soak up the first shard? I think Feral Druids can do it too. If you do, then it makes it a lot easier for the Healers to build up their stacks of the Healing buff, since you gain more stacks depending on how many stacks of Torment the person Healed has.

If you have a Shadow Priest but he's not soaking up the full crystal, you want to use Pain Supression or the Tol'Barad Trinket at 12 stacks, then Dispersion at 19 stacks.

Deleted
    I have only done this 2healed btw. We do this holy pala and Resto Druid.

This fight for a holy paladin is all about the first 2 shards, if you have a class that can take a whole shard ie shadow priest, its stupid easy, just spam everything on the first shard, get 100+ stacks then 2nd shard get up to about 150/160. the 2nd shard do normal 2 people sharing it.

Once you have about 150/160 stacks your good for the whole fight. and u can generally keep the tank up at the start with just holy shocks and WOG to regen enough mana ect.

during the first 2 shards, your other healer should be spamming the MT to keep them up. while you get stacks. Then on 3rd shard you swap to tank and other healer is on shards, then just keep it going like that, When the other healer is at about 160 stacks, its time for you both to heal the tank. while throwing hots/holy shocks/odd heals on the shard targets. While both keeping up the tank.

I was actually able to get 170 stacks from 2 shards on our 2nd kill, and I solo healed the tank the whole fight other day. Its alot easier if the other healer helps. We usually get to both about 160 then healing tank is easy as pie. Just remember to keep beacon on the MT and use DL for extra holy power as WOG hits for big as alot of the time the tank will be under 35%HP so its always gunna be a crit.

Using this tactic and I personally have hit 65khps on this fight. Its really relient on the first 2 shards for you to get your stacks, else you will need help from the other healer when your getting to less than 30% hp on the boss.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITfnhNmu9bY - is my kill with 64.5k hps with 149 stacks (sorry for bad quality youtube is rubbish at justin.tv imports)
    Last edited by mmoc574ccb0172; 2011-10-20 at 11:46 AM.

Deleted
    you should never use DL,its just waste of mana...im fine with many holy lights holy shock and wog and if is needed flash heal,we 2 man heal

As of right now we use two people per shard, the two I coverd mostly were a boomkin and a fury warrior, we do have a spriest we could use, I was useing hosac and am, but not in tandom. Also I can agree just one per shard would help a lot. Switching targets gets tricky when your spam healing one just to keep them safe and the switch timeing is off or you have soomeone mess up and take it unexpectedly.

Deleted
    Have the first shard taker soak the entire shard (obviously you need to right kind of class) use everything you can to keep them up. we have used a shadow priest or dk but warrior and feral can work. basically heal them normally up to about 12 stacks and then let them use their cooldowns (shield wall/dispersion/etc) just as these are about to run out use something like pain suppression on them to get them to the end of the shard.

while they are doing this you are pumping as many heals into them as possible. I believe paladins are FoL and then a 1HP WoG unless the healing is too intensive. When we were learning the fight we also used hero on the first shard to get better cast times, i guess you can hit wings aswell.

If you do it properly you should be hitting 70 - 90 stacks after the first person.

If you dont have the right setup for one person to take an entire shard get someone to take as many as possible 16 - 18 should be possible with just their own cooldown.

Thanks for the advise, I will try this out next time.

Deleted
    Another suggestion:

If the shadow/feral soaks the first shard it should be no problem for the tankhealer to get some stacks as well, makes so fight much easier.

We usually heal this fight with Hpal/Disc - the disc heals the shadowpriest for the entire duration of the first shard and get's about 100 stacks. i get our MT to full health before the 18th tick of the shard and then go on to also heal the shadowpriests -> this lets me get about 60 stacks as well and allows both of us healers to relax while MT Healing and regen mana for the shards.

Deleted
    We allmost use the same tactic. We do it with Me/disc and i start at the first crystal and disc joines at 10 stacks. Tank survives easily with cd:s rest of the crystal. After that i stay and take 2nd crystal too and and after that i wont stop tank healing unless i get debuff. I get more then enough stacks with 2 crystals (with 1st one taken by spriest) to heal rest of the fight

Paladins heals first too shards and other healer joins in mid way while tank using some defensive CD's. I can get to 130+ stacks after 2 shards with lust up and from there its a breeze. You can solo heal the tank from there and just spot heal the shard soaks with some WoG.