Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

10-Man Heroic Baleroc with my setup.

My 10 man had 2 attempts of HC 10 Baleroc last night and wiped twice.

Our setup is:

Tank:
    Paladin

Healers:
    Paladin
    Druid

DPS:
    Rogue
    Paladin
    Feral Druid

MM Hunter
    BM Hunter
    Affli Warlock
    Balance Druid

We have our Feral Pop all cooldowns and 100% soak the first crystal.

Then I (The Rogue) attempt 15 stacks and I die. Reading on EJ, 12 is the limit I should be taking.

Can anyone suggest a good Rotation? Should we be 2 manning each Crystal or having 3 players on.

We also have a Shadow Priest in our ranks, but his DPS is low 20's (rest pull between 26k - 31k)

Just do 3 person rotations with your sp dispersing when they can for a 2 person crystal. Also the sp can take an entire one with disperse as well. Some of the rotation will have to be done on the fly cause of torment spread, so just have your dps be vocal and it really shouldn't cause you any problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Celebrim View Post
    My 10 man had 2 attempts of HC 10 Baleroc last night and wiped twice.

Our setup is:

Tank:
    Paladin

Healers:
    Paladin
    Druid

DPS:
    Rogue
    Paladin
    Feral Druid

MM Hunter
    BM Hunter
    Affli Warlock
    Balance Druid

We have our Feral Pop all cooldowns and 100% soak the first crystal.

Then I (The Rogue) attempt 15 stacks and I die. Reading on EJ, 12 is the limit I should be taking.

Can anyone suggest a good Rotation? Should we be 2 manning each Crystal or having 3 players on.

We also have a Shadow Priest in our ranks, but his DPS is low 20's (rest pull between 26k - 31k)
    You can use the shadow priest to soak a full crystal too, but that's mainly just so healers can build their stacks in the beginning. Just have 2 people on each crystal and don't take it all the way up to 15, jump out at like 13.

Deleted
    You only had 2 tries .....

We have 2 dps on each crystal. This works fine and we use 3 healers btw.

Your dps seems fine, just keep trying.

10+ Year Old Account
    well there is only 25 stacks per crystal. the Feral should soak one every time his surv instincts is up. otherwise swap at around 13-15 stacks. My guilds 10 man we use a 4 man rotation with 2 subs incase of brain link or an accidental reset of the debuff. I would also suggest 3 healing this since you don't have to 2 heal it and that makes the fight alot easier when it comes to the shards. So here is how i would deal with shards in your group. Feral soaks entire first one. Second shard Pally starts it then rogue takes it off of him at 14 stacks. 3rd shard, if feral has dropped his debuff he takes it, otherwise have the warlock start it. swap around 12. Use your Boomkin and BM hunter incase of brainlink.

Deleted
    If they Crystal is up for 25 Seconds is it not possible just to have 1 player take 12 and another take 13?

Why would I want to use a 3 person rotation?

Glancing at your DPS setup, I'd say go with 2 on each shard. You have a retri and a boomer, with a 40% damage reduction CD(glyphed divine protection) and a 20 damage reduction CD(barkskin) that will be ready for every other shard.

So I'd say have your retri or boomer start on the 2nd shard(feral soaking first), take 15 or so with cooldowns for the end, and have another DPS finish the last 10 stacks. Then whoever didn't start on the 2nd of the 2 start on the 3rd and do the same thing. Divine protection/barkskin should be ready again by the 4th shard.

Only downside is if the boomer or retri gets a spread tormented, but you can survive with a random backup still. And one of your 3 pallys can just hand of sacrifice the backup tbh and you'll be fine.

edit: simply put 3 people on each shard makes the damage lower and the shard healing easier, while stacking the buff and thus tank healing gets harder. Aswell as a higher chance of spreading tormented.

edit again: Boomers have a passive 15% damage reduction if I'm not mistaken, that plus barkskin makes them good for shards. Your affliction lock could do a good job with soul link aswell, don't really know if that causes problems with the felhunter though.
    Last edited by rarw; 2011-10-20 at 03:28 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullzeyes View Post
    You only had 2 tries .....

We have 2 dps on each crystal. This works fine and we use 3 healers btw.

Your dps seems fine, just keep trying.

I know I only had 2 tries, but no harm in asking?

Wanna give my guild the best advice going into tonights raid.

another thing to note is if you're a rogue and he drops a crystal ontop of you. you can drop smoke bomb before the crystal picks a target and the crystal will not pick a target until the smoke bomb goes away. that cuts down the maximum stacks to 18-20 or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Celebrim View Post
    If they Crystal is up for 25 Seconds is it not possible just to have 1 player take 12 and another take 13?

Why would I want to use a 3 person rotation?
    We stack to 8 and move, 0 risk of death and it works that's why. Lots of ways to do it, that's how we did it and it died on our second pull ever after nerfs so we didn't bother changing anyhting.

We use 3 healers to mitigate when a healer is linked with countdown to someone with tormented. Honestly, however, your paladin can cover the tank with beacon heals for the first like 3 shards and get MANY stacks so start with, so he can heal through tormented.

In terms of DPS rotation, I use 2 people per shard, our Spriest + one and then our DK + 1 with the rest of the DPS on backup. In your raid, try to avoid making the hunter's take shards (so put them as backup in case of torment spreading). 12 stacks is healable without CDs if your healers are ready for it, so you should be able to manage 2 a shard with a switch at 12. Your paladin and your druid DPS all have a short CD damage reduc they can use which should be popped around ~8 stacks, and your warlock can shadow ward like 1 tick if needed.

Deleted
    Use 3 healers, it simplifies the encounter a lot! All the pugs i've done it with (geared alts+good geared trade chat mains) have all done it with 3 healers. This also opens up for 2 people soaking which means you can use mobile dps and melee to soak the crystal and the rest can just stand there and nuke like it's patchwerk.

If you insist on using 2 healers, then do first four crystals with cds and heavy spam heals, and then switch to a 8-8-9 rotation, that limits the healing required by a lot, but also increases the communication required as you will have all 6-7 dps be soaking at some point due to countdown rng.

I strongly encourage you use the 3 healer strategy, having done both on my pala and priest.
    Last edited by mmocff76f9a79b; 2011-10-20 at 03:34 PM.

3 heal it , let one player (ideally the shadow priest) soak the first crystal using a cooldown and then dispersion. Use heroism during this and let 2 healers get stacks and one heal the tank until the decimation blades.

Then just use 2 ppl on each crystal , 13-12 stacks each , and set 1 backup at each side for links, etc.

The crystals are the easy part, dropping a dps and making the fight longer at the expense of an easier crystal rotation seems silly. If moving and dps'n isn't your raids strong suit i guess it would make sense.

Seems like it would waste more dps managing personal and raid cd's for the soakers just so you can rock a 2 man rotation.

due to the lower HP after the nerfs our group single tanks and 3 heals. We kill him in about 5:40 so even with 1 less dps we aren't even flirting with the enrage timer. Our team also uses 2 teams of 2 for the crystals (so 4 dps in melee range with 2 dps at range with the 3 healers). the 2 range dps act as backup 1 and 2 incase one of the soaking players gets torment by accident/debuff refreshed from countdown.

We do 1 tank and 2 healers. We have 2 soaking groups that consist of 2 players each plus a shadow priest. We go Shadow Priest > Soak group 1 > Soak group 2 > Shadow priest > etc etc. That leaves the other 2 DPS as back ups in case torment spreads. Really easy.

Just go with 2 soakers per crystal while swapping at 12/13. I really don't see the merits in 3 healing or 2 tanking this fight either.

Deleted
    Some things we found,

If your healers get countdown with a dps, make sure they never move, they should be stood still the entire fight. The dps have time to run to them.
    Secondly, if you're linked with someone on the other side of the group, make sure everyone is spread out with ample room between each other so you can run around them without spreading tormented, DO NOT ATTEMPT TO TRY AND MOVE OUT OF SOMEONES WAY IF THEY HAVE COUNTDOWN this will more often than not cause them to run into you as you can easily make the mistake of moving at the same time in the same direction (eg. you attempt to run round the back of another ranged dps and they run backwards assuming you were going to go around the front of them).

We do dynamic 2-3 person rotations. We have a general pattern of: SP first crystal, Mage/Ret/other if necessary 2nd crystal, DK/Ele Sham/SP if needed, then just rotate groups each crystal. There's no need to stress your healers if you're 2 healing with 2 people to a crystal unless they have a SI/Dispersion-like cooldown. The DPS timer isn't even close to what it was pre-first nerf so using 3 people per crystal when you don't have "lol cant' die" cooldowns up is better than stressing your tormented healer (countdown...it WILL happen).

3 healing removes most rng with healers getting torment.

Set 2 people per crystal. Absolutely no reason to put 3 per crystal. Doing so would screw you over if one of your soaker's gets their torment reset. Less people on crystals = more stacks for your healers as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Vedni View Post
    3 healing removes most rng with healers getting torment.
    If by RNG you mean a mild annoyance then sure whatever. The person with torment has to heal the tank and if both healers get torment you have to triple soak or pop some cooldowns. If you suck at reacting to stuff though sure 3 heal it.