15+ Year Old Account

iPad - Worth buying it?

I was thinking about buying myself an iPad. Is it worth buying? Or is it a piece of crap after a month?
    I am and always will be the optimist. The hope for far-flung hopes and dreamer of improbable dreams.

Deleted
    I think it´s worth it. It´s great for watching youtube and mmo-champs etc in bed, while sitting on the toilet and otherthings.
    Of course you can do many other things with it aswell, but overall im really satisfied

15+ Year Old Account
    what about watching tv-series online? I read that the iPad don't support adobe flash and such.
    I am and always will be the optimist. The hope for far-flung hopes and dreamer of improbable dreams.

10+ Year Old Account
    How's the typing on an iPad?

The only Apple product I've ever owned is my iPod Classic 80gb. I'll admit this thing is built like a tank, dropped it countless times and it's been going for nearly 3 years and the battery still lasts surprisingly long. Wonder if all Apple products are that durable o_O
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    How's the typing on an iPad?
    I wouldn´t write something longer then 500 words on it, but it definately works for commenting here, writing emails etc. I don´t have the biggest hands though. However, you can get a keyboard that works with your iPad.

---------- Post added 2011-10-20 at 09:50 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tuuralihn View Post
    what about watching tv-series online? I read that the iPad don't support adobe flash and such.
    Well yeah, that really sucks.
    Last edited by mmoc8066f1ff47; 2011-10-20 at 07:50 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    hulu and netflix are great on it, but it does lack flash. if you type a lot consider a macbook air if it's in your budget, otherwise a powerful netbook or android tablet is always an option
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

I have an iPad 2 and I've played with several Android tabs. If you have any apps already built for iOS, like for your iPhone, then I'd lean toward the iPad, which is why I bought one. Otherwise, it's basically a wash between the iPad and any other tab. The iPad w/ cell service is gonna cost you more than any Android tab however, most likely.

Good for watching YouTube (built in app) or Netflix or Hulu as they also have free apps.

It's certainly a luxury item, but a useful luxury item.

If you travel a lot, then it gains a lot in value, because it's very easy to carry around and has a long battery life (up to 8-10 hours even when watching videos). And yes, its very handy to watch movies and TV series in bed.

I found the typing surprisingly easy. Wouldn't write long essays and stuff on it - and that's not what it is meant for - but its okay for emails and forum posts.

I personally think people with them just look like dicks. Might just be me - and everyone I know - but imo it looks kinda stupid. I wouldnt get one. Its more expensive than a notebook and does 100x less.
    Cho’Gall: Cairne Bloodhoof is dead? Did we kill him?
    Deathwing: No. The Grimtotems weakened him with poison, and then Garrosh accidentally hacked him to death with an axe during a heated political discussion.
    Cho’Gall: How do you accidentally kill someone with an axe?

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I personally like iPad2. I'm able to hand it to my Grandmother who is 92 and within a few seconds she has Angry Birds open and is gaming away. To me that screams I am well designed if your Grandma can pick it up and go without any instructions beyond where the power button is.

It will get rehashed. It has alot of games. It's very easy to use and has a nice battery life. Great facebook/bed/movie device. But, that's true for most tablets nowadays.