Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepone View Post
    Yes. Ignoring the poor grammar, "gold selling" is the selling of gold for real world money. This is not that. This is selling a token which some other player may or may not be willing to give you their gold in exchange for. The fact that they still need to go out and get the gold means that supply and demand continue to work as they always have. If anything, there will be a small amount of deflation as a result of the overall value of items on the AH going up while the supply of gold continues to increase at its usual pace.

No, you're wrong, and that's fine. You don't have to get economics to play WoW. Just understand that there are people out there who do get economics, and they're telling you that that's not how it works in any (even virtual) economy.

---------- Post added 2011-10-21 at 08:41 AM ----------

Others have pointed out that you're wrong because of the fact that the original gold is restored. However, I'd like to point out two other problems: 1) Blizzard selling gold most certainly would inject gold into the economy and that would hurt the economy through inflation 2) gold sellers actually do add gold to the economy when they steal it from an account. The account holder wasn't going to spend every bit of gold they have and then liquidate all of their items and spend that gold too, but that's exactly what the gold seller does by selling it all.
    How anyone can still suggest it is not gold selling given what Blizzard posted boggles the mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Baron01 View Post
    Are you really that stupid as your statement is? Do you seriously think that accounts get "hacked" on Blizzard servers?

You should stop watching those spy movies and get some reality check. Absolute majority of compromised accounts are due to phishing or key-logging actions--on your computer by infecting it with malware or by giving your password on a unofficial web or email.
    i was hacked and run linux pretty much no virus's or keyloggers malware ect.
    problem is anyone can brute force a acc once you have the acc name blizz could stop this eaisly by only allowing said use to try password so many times.

Good luck trying to sell it when there's going to be 50+ of them on the AH.

$50 says that on average, it'll drop below 1k in a week or less.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Quote Originally Posted by Buckwald View Post
    The rage about Blizzard making money will make me smile.
    I smile about you making none

i dont get this? is the pet going to be a limited time thing? Its not going to go to for too much money in the auction house if people can just buy but but then agian i guess if people dont want to use real money to buy it but still. and a ton of people will prob buy it just to make gold but that would just decrease the value. i cant see this thing selling for all that much on the auction house honestly. It would be more effective if this pet was only avalible for a limited time....