Floating combat text addon/customization

Alright, first off i use MIKs, and if anyone has a way to do this using that addon, i'd love to know.

For incoming damage, procs, etc i do like miks, but for OUTGOING damage, i prefer floating combat text (default). However, on my rogue i'd like a way to:

A. disable it from showing my white attacks
    B. disable it from showing 'immune' when a target is immune to crippling poison

I wouldnt mind some other options to customize eventually, but those are my two major ones.

Does anyone know of a way to do this, or an addon to do it?

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Both A and B are possible in Mik's... I've turned off everything in mine except crits ('cuz I like the big numbers ) and, because I tank, immunes/resists/blocks/parries.

On the left side of Mik's window, choose "Events" - everything can be turned off or on individually there (Melee Crit, Melee Hit, Melee Block, Melee Parry, Special Crit, Special Hit, etc, etc, etc).
    Last edited by Taryble; 2011-10-21 at 02:50 PM.

Late reply due to being busy, but the problem with miks is that you cant make it do floating combat text, only scrolling. From some other research though, its seeming its not possible due to the fact that addons cant place floating text with positions and whatnot

I've never come across a way to customize the default floating text in the manner you are describing. I tend to prefer the floating style over the scrolling style also, but the limited configuration options are fairly frustrating. For myself, I settled on using Mik's with a very high animation speed and the static animation function to try to emulate the natural float as much as possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's exactly what I've been searching for as well. Apparently not possible. (
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Pardon the necro, but I'm looking to see if anyone else has come across any methods to achieve what the OP asked for.

I came across the global strings for 'immune' alerts and such as was able to remove them completely as well as alter their text:
    Code:
    COMBAT_TEXT_DEFLECT = "Deflect"
    COMBAT_TEXT_REFLECT = "Reflect"
    COMBAT_TEXT_IMMUNE = "Immune"
    COMBAT_TEXT_RESIST = "Resist"
    COMBAT_TEXT_ABSORB = "Absorb"
    COMBAT_TEXT_BLOCK = "Block"
    COMBAT_TEXT_DODGE = "Dodge"
    COMBAT_TEXT_PARRY = "parry"
    COMBAT_TEXT_EVADE = "Evade"
    COMBAT_TEXT_MISS = "Miss"
    These strings are found in Interface\FrameXML\GlobalStrings.lua in enUS.mpq.

You can, for example, change COMBAT_TEXT_IMMUNE to "LOL IMMUNE!@#" or a completely blank string "".
    Right now I'm looking to find the ones for other peoples effects, like "Snared (Bobthefrostmage - Bobthefrostmagesserver)".

Blanking out white hits I would bet is doable as well, I would think it has a string for its own color.
    Last edited by Kaustos; 2012-06-28 at 01:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LordVada View Post
    Late reply due to being busy, but the problem with miks is that you cant make it do floating combat text, only scrolling. From some other research though, its seeming its not possible due to the fact that addons cant place floating text with positions and whatnot
    cant say im massively lua savvy, but isnt it possible to attach the floating combat text to the nameplates? the same way you show debuffs on the nameplates