1. #1

    Am I getting a good deal? Any part overdone for the rest?

    $219.99 CPU: Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz
    $244.99 GPU: MSI N560GTX-TI Twin Frozr II/OC GeForce GTX 560 Ti (Fermi) 1GB
    -$18.00 combo deal
    $139.99 Case: Corsair Carbide Series 500R Black
    $119.99 PSU: CORSAIR Professional Series HX650
    -$35.00 combo deal
    $209.99 Mobo: ASUS P8Z68-V PRO
    $49.99 Ram: CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
    -$15.00 combo deal
    $69.99 HDD: SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 HD103SJ 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive
    $197.99 SSD: Crucial M4 CT128M4SSD2 2.5" 128GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive
    $19.99 Optics Drive: ASUS 24X DVD Burner
    $25.99 CPU Cooler: COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Plus
    $99.99 OS: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-bit - OEM

    $13.64 shipping
    -$10.00 1st time newegg customer

    $1334.53
    -$50.00 rebates

    $1284.53
    All prices from newegg.com

    Going to overclock the cpu to 4.5GHz and the gpu to 920MHz
    Going to use this computer for basic school stuff and gaming. Mostly sw:tor and anything else I find interesting.

    Do all parts work?
    How long will this computer last me if I need a medium graphics quality in games in the future and high right now?
    Is any part to much or to little for the system?
    Am I going to get a good deal?
    Should I wait for Cyber Monday sales?
    Any good free multimedia player software out there?

  2. #2
    Very well put together. Wouldn't change a thing except the case, but that's just personal taste :P
    Will last a long time... and you have the option of putting a 2nd 560ti in sli later on if you want, which is nice.
    Will run just about anything on high settings right now... bf3 will be playable on high but not ultra if you're interested in that.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

  3. #3
    Do u have any suggestions for a case?

  4. #4
    Stood in the Fire Zkeya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Near a Keyboard
    Posts
    414
    Check this thread for cases, but I think Carbide 500R is pretty decent.

  5. #5
    Fluffy Kitten Marest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,232
    Quote Originally Posted by Zkeya View Post
    Check this thread for cases, but I think Carbide 500R is pretty decent.
    I think you mean this thread: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...4-Case-Catalog

    Also, moved to "Computer Build Help".

  6. #6
    The Patient ArchType's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Wiltshire,England
    Posts
    324
    Would perhaps suggest getting the LP version of the Vengeance as the Hyper 212 is a big cooler ;D
    Quote Originally Posted by sivenom View Post
    That's like saying I can put my graphics card in my dog's skull and she'll see everything in HD tri-color sparkles. Are you really saying we can upload Rebecca Black intot heir system and scramble their defense turrets? Maybe smack on a Java RNG program and cause their weapons to self destruct. Tell you what aliens, come at me! I know C++!! /endrant


  7. #7
    I am thinking about pretty much exactly the same parts except getting a second 560ti (asus DCU II version), will the HX-650 be enough to power two 560ti's and the overclocked CPU?
    Intel i5 2500K (4.5 GHz) | Asus Z77 Sabertooth | 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz | Gigabyte Windforcex3 HD 7950 | Crucial M4 128GB | Crucial M550 256GB | Asus Xonar DGX | Samson SR 850 | Zalman ZM-Mic1 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Fractal Design Arc Midi | Corsair HX650

    Tanking with the Blessing of Kings - The TankSpot Guide to the Protection Paladin - Updated for Patch 5.4!

  8. #8
    The Patient ArchType's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Wiltshire,England
    Posts
    324
    Maybe, I am trying to find the chart for GPU power consumption. I'm going for an overclocked i5 and 2x 560ti's aswell but I have a 850w for safety, it's a bit overkill.

    Here we go http://www.geeks3d.com/forums/index....ic,1946.0.html

    It doesn't have 2x 560's but it has 2 570s with max power consumption at 364W, so you should be ok
    Last edited by ArchType; 2011-10-21 at 03:26 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by sivenom View Post
    That's like saying I can put my graphics card in my dog's skull and she'll see everything in HD tri-color sparkles. Are you really saying we can upload Rebecca Black intot heir system and scramble their defense turrets? Maybe smack on a Java RNG program and cause their weapons to self destruct. Tell you what aliens, come at me! I know C++!! /endrant


  9. #9
    Herald of the Titans Platinus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    2,995
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    I am thinking about pretty much exactly the same parts except getting a second 560ti (asus DCU II version), will the HX-650 be enough to power two 560ti's and the overclocked CPU?
    Yes. It should.

    [email protected] | GeForce GTX 760 | 8GB DDR3-1600MHz | Samsung 840 120GB SSD | 1+2TB HDD | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3 | Corsair CX V2 500W | NZXT Phantom | 2x 24" 1920x1080 | Qpad MK-80 MX Blue | Logitech G600

  10. #10
    I just built a very similar computer this past Wednesday (2 days ago). Same case, same motherboard, same ram, I went with the 2600K cpu and an OC Evga gpu.

    The case is great. Although I had to buy an extension for my atx 8-pin connector as my psu wire wasn't long enough to run cleanly without going over-top the motherboard. If you plan on putting an additional fan on the bottom for intake you'll need to buy some mounts, the holes are too big for basic sfan screws and too small to relocate the rubber plugs the case uses in other places.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrixor View Post
    I just built a very similar computer this past Wednesday (2 days ago). Same case, same motherboard, same ram, I went with the 2600K cpu and an OC Evga gpu.

    The case is great. Although I had to buy an extension for my atx 8-pin connector as my psu wire wasn't long enough to run cleanly without going over-top the motherboard. If you plan on putting an additional fan on the bottom for intake you'll need to buy some mounts, the holes are too big for basic sfan screws and too small to relocate the rubber plugs the case uses in other places.
    Did u have any problems with the ram and the cpu cooler fitting?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •