Holy Priest HPS problems! [Firelands]

Profile link - battle.net/wow/en/character/kelthuzad/Freetrinke/simple

My iLevel is 370, minus the PVP helm w/ hit socket XD... but I'm having trouble with my HPS, averaging 10-11.5k at the moment, I believe I should be higher.. I just came back from a 3 month break.

My heal threshold- Renews up on tank, serenity + 2 heal/gheal combo for sudden drops, circle if 3+ are low, PoH if 3+ are low (4 preferably), PoM on tank whenever it's off CD... Renews to top off.

Note, this is ALL 10man raiding.. are my HPS really low? The pally/rdruid can pull 14-17k HPS even though they out-gear me with full 378s, the only thing I could think of would be they have their 2/4set and I don't have either. Please help my HPS problem, open to any suggestions but please it to 'Constructive Criticism' .

theres only so much healing that can be done... it's not like dps where the sky is basically the limit when it comes to raw output... your gear could use some work and you're missing a couple enchants according to your armory... but that wouldn't explain the major differences in hps... Holy is a fun spec, but doesn't shine in 10 mans as well as it does in 25s from my experience... and obviously if your counterpart healers are in full 378s their raw throughput is going to higher than yours...

my guess is they're just sniping the heals before yours get a chance to do their job... take a look at your overheal numbers, are they higher than the druid/pally?

my suggestion, don't be concerned with your hps so long as your group is alive and the boss is dead... if that is the case, then you're doing your job...

Are you 3 healing normal modes? Damage is pretty low -- highest hps is just going to be whoever heals the quickest for the most part.

Quote Originally Posted by Freetrinke View Post
    Profile link - battle.net/wow/en/character/kelthuzad/Freetrinke/simple

My iLevel is 370, minus the PVP helm w/ hit socket XD...

That helm alone is a huge issue. That aside, get heartsong on your weapon, imo. Mana goes by much quicker as holy, more mana = more healing.
    In general you have too many pieces with no innate spirit on them.

My heal threshold- Renews up on tank, serenity + 2 heal/gheal combo for sudden drops
    Do it the other way. A Gheal/Serenity combo ends up being a lot better healing. Keep in mind that the Serenity 25% crit buff is currently broken so all that matters is HPS bursting, and using an instant cast after a cast time spell delivers the burst faster. And learn to Binding Heal. If you're missing health binding heal somoene else that is missing health. Opportunity Serendipity procs = good.

circle if 3+ are low, PoH if 3+ are low (4 preferably), PoM on tank whenever it's off CD... Renews to top off.
    Don't bother spamming renew. Only use it if in Serenity and you're refreshing the HoT. You can actually shift 3 talent points out of Rapid Renewal and Divine Touch and have a minimal to zero effect on your healing. Put those points in SoL or even Blessed Resillience since you're doing 10 man.

Note, this is ALL 10man raiding.. are my HPS really low? The pally/rdruid can pull 14-17k HPS even though they out-gear me with full 378s, the only thing I could think of would be they have their 2/4set and I don't have either. Please help my HPS problem, open to any suggestions but please it to 'Constructive Criticism' .
    Gear is part of it, but it sounds like you're playing too conservatively. On 10 man, rely Gheal more and don't use Heal at all. And if you're tank is fine, follow up a Gheal with a Serenity either on the same target or someone else.

Pally's and Druids are the best healers right now.

and holy is the worst (Technically from a pure HPS standpoint)

if you're doing 10k and its normal mode its fine. dont be worried about not topping the meters.

god when did healing become about epeen, back in the day that was the people DPSing and we'd laugh at them.

Deleted
    This one totally cheered up my morning when I woke up and first saw this thread. Thanks. As healer, you really should not heal for the recount. Just do your job as intented and you are a good healer no matter what recount has to say in it. If you heal only for good hps you might stop healing right now. On pretty much every encounter there is also assings that may increase or decrease your recount performance as healer so if you are assigned to places where you hardly need to heal anything (Beth´tilac downstairs compared to upstrais) you probably do worse hps than your friends in somewhere else where they actually have something to heal.

Also number of healers effects to your hps in pretty severe ways, when content is on farm and you still more healers than you really need everyones hps is less than you might think it should be (afk facebook lord rhyolith p1). Could keep this going longer but hopefully you get the idea.
    Last edited by mmocbaf210744a; 2011-10-21 at 07:02 AM.