Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Herald of the Titans Snow White's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You two had nothing in common, it was for the best.

I think one of the better lessons from this story is not letting things drag on for too long. I had a relationship and breakup that felt like it might have been similar to this. Rather than put myself through something like this again, I learned to spot some of the signs that its time to move on. No regrets bro, its all good learning experiences, there will be plenty more girls. On to bigger and better... well maybe not bigger, but definitely better.

Quote Originally Posted by Níghtmare View Post
    we had a serious talk around that point.. and we were unsure weither to break up or not, I loved her to peices but she said she was just changing and I had to deal with it or find somebody else. So, not knowing anything else.. and not wanting to lose her.. I "dealt" with it.
    This is where you lost it. Next time, try taking it your way and she will most likely be sorry for what she did
    Money talks, bullshit walks..

Deleted
    to be honest Guy, I think though it may hurt now Nightmare did the right thing. If someone really cares about you they arn't going to force things on you. I learnt that with my ex

Yeah i agree but now he's hurting when he could come out on top instead...
    Money talks, bullshit walks..

15+ Year Old Account
    she's a slob, you say?

dude, you do not want to stay with a lazy woman, especially when it comes to housework. they always turn out to be horrible mothers too.

i know it sounds chauvinist, but some stereotypes are true.

Sadly it is the way of life, breakups hurt like hell and there is nothing you can do to stop it. What does however work, as cliche as it may sound is time. What you need to do is continue with your day to day life and routine and eventually you will begin to think about her less and less, until the hurt has gone away.

From what you said it sounds like you had a good relationship, but as you have both grown into young adults you have changed and simply grew apart. This is actually pretty normal and a lot of relationships from that age go along the same route. Don't feel bad about it, you did nothing wrong, you were just two different people and you were not right for each other in the long run.

Cherish the good times and fun you did have together, but don't be too hurt by her efforts to cut you off. People deal with breakups in different ways, and it sounds as if she cared about you so being reminded makes it harder for her and you.

Pick up your hobbies, spend time with your friends, keep as busy/active as you can. Eventually things will get easier and you will meet someone new, such is the cycle of life and relationships.

10+ Year Old Account
    You are young, there are more fish in the ocean. First off, let this relationship teach you a lesson, learn from it. Do not put all your eggs in the basket, because when things change, you'll be the one hurting the most. I remember my relationship with my ex and she did some shitty things and in the end I was hurt because she was my first serious GF and then after speaking with some friends, they gave me a new point of view. She was the one that was losing out in the end (not conceited kind of way). After we called it off, she gave the whole we'll still be friends BS and she called me several times. But I listened to my friends and they told me just to ignore her. I have to say, cutting off the connection was for the best, because if we would've kept in touch, there will always be that lingering feeling. Now I don't have that anymore, I still think that she's a bitch and she's the fail. I am in a happy relationship ATM, and I've learned a lot from the previous experience. Wake up to a brand new day, don't bother with your ex anymore and go out and move on, sitting around sulking about the relationship won't help it anyways.

10+ Year Old Account
    At the risk of sounding like an ass(and the fact that I don't know your gf), she sounds like she became your stereotypical late teens/early 20s girl that would rather party/get drunk and not care about the serious things in life than realizing that you were a good person. She might look back one day after having many fail relationships and possibly a child from a drunken one night stand and realize she should never have let you go.

Her loss though bud, sorry for what happened, but as they say, there's plenty of fish in the sea and I'm sure you'll find the one that's right for you ^.^

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

It does sound a little bit to me that you sitting infront of the computer too much kinda ruined that relationship.

You being the calm dude that doesnt like going out dancing and partying. And her. being the partying type.
    I guess you just werent ment for eachother.

Anyways. you will find another girl. Just hang in there

Hopping on the bandwagon here. You sound like a good guy and beyond not recognizing that things were going to crap, didn't do anything that you can blame yourself for - so don't. When you have two people and only one wants the party lifestyle it never ends well imo.

But like the others said, it's going to suck for a while no way around it. Just go with the flow and try not to dwell as much as you can (I know sometimes when people say it they might as well be saying "Try not to breath," let yourself be sad but try not to sit in your room in the dark for 48 hours listening to one song over and over and over while checking your phone every minute to see if she called/texted)

The one other thing that I will add, that I didn't see any of the other posts mention (sorry if someone did and I glossed over it), is don't call her, don't text her - cut yourself off from her. It blows, but it will make life easier in the end. Later down the road once you're over here and done with any romantic associations to her, then maybe you guys could be the friends she wants to continue being. But trying to talk to someone or be around someone that broke up with you/you broke up with is just going to make life harder and getting over the relationship that much longer. But yeah, work on you, it's going to suck for a while, best of luck to you!

I did text her the first few days.. but now I just mostly want my stuff back.. its fair play if she wants her space.. But I want my stuff ;_;.. Have alot of memories in some of the stuff I have up her house, not of her.. but of my childhood etc. How do you think is the best way to go about getting these back.. when shes refusing to talk to me?

You will get over it and this is what relationships are all about. One day at a time, you might even get back together one day...

jk lol

To be honest, she doesn't deserve you. You sound like a great person, and you really tried to make it work. She wasn't willing to put that effort back into the relationship which shows that she didn't care enough to make it work. You'll find somebody else who appreciates the things that you do for her. Just move on. It gets better with every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Deftone007 View Post
    You will get over it and this is what relationships are all about. One day at a time, you might even get back together one day...

jk lol

Atleast you make yourself laugh *pat*

---------- Post added 2011-10-21 at 05:43 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by wynnyelle View Post
    To be honest, she doesn't deserve you. You sound like a great person, and you really tried to make it work. She wasn't willing to put that effort back into the relationship which shows that she didn't care enough to make it work. You'll find somebody else who appreciates the things that you do for her. Just move on. It gets better with every day.
    I hope so, and cheers Prolly would feel abit more uplifted if I wasnt suffering with chest infection atm!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Níghtmare View Post
    I did text her the first few days.. but now I just mostly want my stuff back.. its fair play if she wants her space.. But I want my stuff ;_;.. Have alot of memories in some of the stuff I have up her house, not of her.. but of my childhood etc. How do you think is the best way to go about getting these back.. when shes refusing to talk to me?
    Hmmm... try banging on her door one day when you know she's home. If she doesn't respond to phones and stuff this is the only way I can think of. But don't stand where she can see you from behind door, she might not open if she sees it's you.

Also because I know someone will say it, troll or serious, no, breaking into her house is not an option.

Deleted
    First off: I'm sorry, it SUCKS this feeling when it's all so fresh

So from a 32 year old point of view.....

Break ups always suck, even if you are the one doing it, there is no getting out of it.
    I am not even gonna say anything about your ex, because we heared your part of it, not hers. You are two people and because how life went and how you changed (since you are turning into adults, although you might think you are there already ) it didn't work out anymore.

But you know what, although it's weird being without her, since you are used to her being in your life, it's also an opportunity.
    Because obviously, she wasn't the one. This means there is someone that makes you feel wanted and loved out there. And maybe you hear this all the time but: you are young! You can afford the time to try again. It's never a waste of time or a reason not to give it a go, because you have tons of time to get it right.
    And you know what, maybe she is the one... in a couple of years, when both of you are different by maturing and because of things that happened in your life.
    You never know. You just go on and be open and let life bring you things.

Take care!!