Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    MSE missed a dll virus on my computer once. I didn't notice for a week until my buddy's MSE picked it up from the file I sent him.

What amuses me is that most people believe that computer security is only protecting your WoW account and having to reformat. There are things you do on your computer that are much more threatening: online banking, credit card purchases and filling out your SSN are just a few things that people can get their hands on. Identity theft is much worse than getting your WoW account hacked.

I would recommend MSE and MWB, as I use them myself.

Deleted
    This is a trusted site:

http://www.av-test.org/en/tests/test...s/julaug-2011/

Last tests were done July/August

Deleted
    Use bullguard... its the only antivirus on the market with a gamer profile antivirus. It enables when you start playing... Best antivirus on the market for the last 4 years (I has won gold everytime) is Bullguard

---------- Post added 2011-11-07 at 08:58 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Thal View Post
    I use the full pay version of AVG, been using it for a few years, updating each year etc.

I had used norton before that, and it was a horrible resource hog, and not even very good at protecting my pc.

I have used MSE, my current pc came with it installed, it seems good, but I just dont quite trust it, so I run AVG too.
    Wait what? you have both AVG and MSE Installed? You cant have 2 AV's running at the same time..... They will fight each other

Quote Originally Posted by Freetobe View Post
    I just don't use one , I don't use anything that uses up my resources.

Noscript for firefox + common sense is my AV ;P
    This right here, along with a HW firewall. Coupled with ClamAV if I need targeted scans to erase my suspicions of something I've downloaded.

im not going to try and argue with people. but uh, i use avast, seems to work fine.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by doesnotcare View Post
    im not going to try and argue with people. but uh, i use avast, seems to work fine.
    That why we try and provide information and tests not just guesses, no offense. I'm sure yours works fine by the way. I just wanted to say there is a difference between "I like it just because" and then "I like it because X reason and here is Y to back it up".

---------- Post added 2011-11-07 at 09:47 AM ----------

Also this "I use common sense" is getting kind of old. Using common sense should be a given but today's malware, viruses etc. are so sneaky and sophisticated that is more a matter of when you get infected (there are many degrees of infections) and not a matter of if you get something bad.

Paying or not paying for your product is really not the important question either, as long as you're using something that is trusted and works.

10+ Year Old Account
    MSE + Windows firewall

Not a single problem, MSE is just like a miracle, even more light-weighted than Avast!.

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    Personally use Avast!. Never had a problem with it.
    I use Avast! as well and other than the odd update I never know it's there, which is great. Clean computer for a year and a half.