Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Pet Battle System

To be honest, never cared about having/selling pets but now with the new feature "pet battle system", it looks like it could be a good moneymaker option; time to farm them i guess.

what do you guys think???

I think Pokemon somehow made it's way into WoW..

Deleted
    Definately Pokemon. Very very few differences.
    The guy looks so guilty too, he knows he's describing pokemon.

It's the only thing so far that made me thin: this is just retardedly stupid

Hope it takes the way of the dodo

I thought more of the Monster Arena in Dragon Quest 8 than Pokemon although that is also a good comparison.

15+ Year Old Account
    I like pokemon. I hate this idea. Thoughts might change when I try it.
    Pokemon Y / Pokemon OR
    Friendcode: 0791-2124-3938 (IGN: Michiel)

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I dont understand ppl bitching about this feature, who said you have to play it? no ONE!!! stop the QQ and just dont bother with it just as me not picking up these pets at all. Some ppl are crazy about them, collecting every piece that is in game, let them have more fun with it.

LF addon that plays the this while I do pet battles.

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    LF addon that plays the this while I do pet battles.
    Egads that would be the greatest addon ever.

I've wanted a Pokemon MMO ever for the longest time. This is the closest I may ever come to it and that is fine with me. This announcement practically sold the expansion for me. I hope it does not go the way of the dance Studio however.

Did anyone mention pokemon yet? derp

Found a way to make some money with my profession crafted mini pets.

Sad thing is, if Blizzard's track record says anything, this will get cut and become "Something we want to do" just like the dance studio, aerial combat, and Path of the Titans.

If it didn't seem like it's just going to be with small, cutesy companions roughly equivalent to baby pokemon, I'd be much more excited. As it stands, meh. We'll see as more information comes out.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

Quote Originally Posted by gathriel View Post
    I dont understand ppl bitching about this feature, who said you have to play it? no ONE!!! stop the QQ and just dont bother with it just as me not picking up these pets at all. Some ppl are crazy about them, collecting every piece that is in game, let them have more fun with it.
    Because by the looks of it, it took ALOT of valuable time and resources = they are going to have to give the 150+ pets in the games combat animations. Plus design a new UI for it, code it, etc. Those are time and resources that are NOT going to new dungeons, new raids, new bgs, etc, which are tried and true crowd pleasers.

In addition, it was the biggest "new" feature added with MoP; the only real thing they created to keep those AFKs in SW/Org occupied. And it really is not good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by anathama View Post
    Because by the looks of it, it took ALOT of valuable time and resources = they are going to have to give the 150+ pets in the games combat animations. Plus design a new UI for it, code it, etc. Those are time and resources that are NOT going to new dungeons, new raids, new bgs, etc, which are tried and true crowd pleasers.

In addition, it was the biggest "new" feature added with MoP; the only real thing they created to keep those AFKs in SW/Org occupied. And it really is not good enough.
    This is why they have teams. They do not have one team to do everything. The dungeon team will not be using their time and resources on this project. Just like the pet battle system team will not be using their time and resources to work on dungeons and raids.

I think adding the Pet Battle System was a great Idea.

For anyone who HASN'T done Peacebloom Vs. Zombies in Hillsbrad Foothills, PLEASE GO DO IT.
    It is an in-game and shortened version of Plants Vs. Zombies, and is one of the most fun things in WoW.

If Blizzard implements the Pet Battle System as effectively as they did Peacebloom Vs. Zombies, then it should be an excellent way to relax and have fun when you don't feel like running dungeons, PvPing, or during an off-night for raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Naibil View Post
    This is why they have teams. They do not have one team to do everything. The dungeon team will not be using their time and resources on this project. Just like the pet battle system team will not be using their time and resources to work on dungeons and raids.
    So you think Blizzard decided to go out and hire say 6 new employees just to work on this new feature? Instead of borrowing employees from other areas of their department? Doubt it.

And IF THEY DID, do you really think this is the best they could come up with? Because if I were to hire a whole new team, I would assign this team to making a new feature that actually serves a purpose in the world (of Warcraft), something that actually fits. I mean, come on, our characters live in a world at war, do you really think having pet battles is what they should be spending their time on?
    Last edited by anathama; 2011-10-22 at 05:13 AM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Some thing new to the game, may be interesting. As some one said, if you don't like it don't do it, very simple concept. Looking forward to some more details about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Unifybe View Post
    Definately Pokemon. Very very few differences.
    The guy looks so guilty too, he knows he's describing pokemon.
    I was kind of hoping he would say Pokemon accidentally.

I lost it when he started talking about Pet Masters that you battle.

Quote Originally Posted by Naibil View Post
    Don't be naive. We obviously lose out on something that possibly would be better, which we can see since this is one of the big new features of MoP.

Quote Originally Posted by Cephalio View Post
    To be honest, never cared about having/selling pets but now with the new feature "pet battle system", it looks like it could be a good moneymaker option; time to farm them i guess.

what do you guys think???
    Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    I think Pokemon somehow made it's way into WoW..
    The thing is, it's not just pokemon that does it. There are several variations of it altogether. Just that people associate it with Pokemon because that is probably the most recent popular one they grew up with.

I think it has some potential to be something fun to do once in awhile. Say you and your friends are in a LFD queue and wanting to burn some time why not play around with something like this? It's not meant to be something you do every time you are on. Just something fun to do.

Not sure how many remember it, but back in BC we had a companion pet that would shoot rockets out destroying the other (can't remember the pet's name). We'd have a blast with it in Kara while clearing trash and wanted to take a break or something. I remember being able to PW:Shield it and watch it wreck everyone's.

As for if it's a good money maker? It may or may not. It all depends. It's not limited to certain pets, but all. So it'll still be seeked out after by collectors, or perhaps people who want it for looks.

As for the time and resources, there are several teams. For all we know it could just be 1 person doing it all. Part of the UI was already there when they introduced Wrath. Not to mention they've been working on the expansion for at least a year, could be 2-3 for all we know. Sure they could've been working on something else, but at the same time perhaps this is what many people wanted? Remember, your opinions != the opinion of everyone.
    Last edited by Lucetia; 2011-10-22 at 05:35 AM.