Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    LF addon that plays the this while I do pet battles.
    Even better, have it play this.

The new expansion seems to be pushing the idea of "lots of different things for people to do". This pokemon system is part of it. If you don't want to raid, your fun isn't over. You're not stuck grinding quests and running BGs, but you can also choose to play with the pokemon system. As long as it remains completely optional and doesn't touch on your PvE/PvP performance, it is a great addition to the game.

As for the OP's question. I'm sure there are ways to make money. You will probably make money from selling 'max level pets' or 'rare pets'. Will have to wait and see how it is deployed to find out if rare pets will be found. However, levelling up a pet and then selling it is probably going to be possible, and definitely to be worth a lot of money. If they don't want you doing this, expect to see a system that resets the pet's level when traded.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    you're likely wrong, and we don't care anyway.
    Source

Quote Originally Posted by ohshift View Post
    It's the only thing so far that made me thin: this is just retardedly stupid

Hope it takes the way of the dodo
    Hell no. I want to start cockfights.

Blizz, make it so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ohshift View Post
    It's the only thing so far that made me thin: this is just retardedly stupid

Hope it takes the way of the dodo
    I'm slightly ashamed of myself for reading that as 'takes the way of the Doduo'.

OT: I think it's an interesting decision. While it's an unusual choice to be included (i.e. how the hell did this even get started?!) I think there's no real options atm for a new crafting profession and a new gathering profession regardless will need an associated crafting profession released simultaneously alongside it. Archaeology has fallen a bit flat since it's grindy, you can't choose what fragments you're hunting for and most importantly you can't do it with friends. While Backpackemon will still have an element of grinding to it, you can choose exactly what pets you go searching for and you can then go and battle friends or run around the world with them. For those without friends or not wanting to enter the world wide community to fight real people there is the option of challenging [strikethrough]Gym Leaders[/strikethrough] Battle Master NPCS, and possibly random NPCs from around the world.

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

Can't wait to play with the pet battle system!

I love Pokemon, I won't deny it. And I've wanted a Pokemon MMO for so long now. This, in all honesty, is the closest we'll ever get to it. And I'm ok with it (more than ok even). It's something brand new to do where at the moment, if you don't have the time for raids and don't like PvP there's precious little to do. Can't wait for this to be added!

I think this will quickly make it's way to the mobile platform as well. Some comments were made about it being a mistake if Blizzard weren't in the mobile market in the next couple of years. It's all adding up. So I also wouldn't be surprised if Blizzard maybe allows access to this without actually having a full World of Warcraft account.

I've never played Pokemon and mainly play WoW to PvE but I often find myself with little to do and this could be really good fun. I'm not sure why people are getting so pissed about it all. It's certainly a 100x better than the useless archaeology which we got in Cataclysm.

Deleted
    In regards to this being in professions presumabley to discuss whether or not it's worth stockpiling/crafting etc. I would say it could go both ways:

The price of pets could skyrocket at first because people are trying to collect loads of cool pets and see what abilities they get (but don't stockpile too much before the beta because they used the words "almost all", and you do not want to be stuck with loads of pets that are not compatible with this new system)

BUT on the other hand, the pets are a) going to be account bound - so people will only ever need one of them, and b) they become tradeable as you level them.... so who's going to spend 1k on a level 1 pet if they can spend 1.5k on a level 10 pet, etc. This could negatively affect the market as people prefer to buy high levels rather than level 1s.... although it begs the question whether there's a market for crafters/farmers to level the pets and then sell them at high prices.

Overall, I wouldn't stockpile any pets at the moment until we get more information and see how it pans out in the beta.

Its fun to see a pet battle system like this, sure will give it a try .

Quote Originally Posted by Naibil View Post
    This is why they have teams. They do not have one team to do everything. The dungeon team will not be using their time and resources on this project. Just like the pet battle system team will not be using their time and resources to work on dungeons and raids.
    Blizz talk a lot about not doing stuff because its "time and resource consuming". So don't tell me its not gonna take the time they could be using to do awesome stuffs like dungeons or PvP stuffs or anything WoW-wide.

10+ Year Old Account
    so this will be between companion pets right? it means any pet will have different abilities and rarest will be stronger... in this case should be funny!

Quote Originally Posted by Tephereth View Post
    so this will be between companion pets right? it means any pet will have different abilities and rarest will be stronger... in this case should be funny!
    Well from what they said most pets (not all) would be usable in this and yes it is companion pets. Also, there are a few different ways to teach your pets new abilities they specifically mentioned leveling them up and challenging and defeating npc masters around the world.

Deleted
    Gotta Catch 'Em All !
    More Pokemon
    But please with og ball throwing and battel tunes

I like it. it gives me something to on raid breaks

10+ Year Old Account
    On Topic:

Yes this might, depending on how other people take to the system. Your pet collector's all ready have most that they could buy so no market there.

Off Topic:

This will help a lot during raiding when someone goes afk, leaves the rest of us with something to do in game other than just jump around in a circle.