So, place your bets folks. female pandaren, whats going to go wrong this time?

Now i watched the trailer, i saw the male pandaren and yeah thats a great worgen/ goblin level model and its animations and movements were much more fluid than even the last two races so on the whole it looks like ,again, blizzard is adding a race with improved design to it from a games design standpoint.

The females are still a work in progress though.

I can't be the only one feeling dejavu here...

So, place your bets. How will they mess up yet another female race? another ridiculous sexual dimorphism caricature? furry night elf bodies with worgen female heads?

Just how bad could it get? because if there is one thing you CAN criticise blizzard for its that they seem to only make one type of female toon.

It's obvious that the female Pandaren will be more difficult to create than the male Pandaren. That's why they're a work in progress.

Maybe female Pandaren will resemble Red Pandas?

Maybe they need to get input from a skilled female illustrator for inspiration. I think part of the problem that came with designing female worgen is that male artists were the ones designing them. I've seen some truly skilled female artists creating some beautiful fantasy women characters.

Sorry to hate on male artists because there are tons of great ones out there but it's not just boobs and butt that can make an attractive and interesting-looking female character.

We won't see the female model for a while, im assuming. Hopefully blizz will have learned from their past mistakes.

Also, something tells me the male model isn't the final one either. I remember the original worgen model was okay, but then later in development they released the awesome one we have today.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jhaalu View Post
    We won't see the female model for a while, im assuming. Hopefully blizz will have learned from their past mistakes.

Also, something tells me the male model isn't the final one either. I remember the original worgen model was okay, but then later in development they released the awesome one we have today.
    This. Placeholder holds places. I'm still kinda hoping for something on new PC models all around. I mean, they've completely revamped whole swaths of gameplay, so maybe...
    "Stop being a giant trolling asshole." - Boubouille
    "The Internet is built on complaints about asinine things" - prefect
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus

Deleted
    Propably look like a siamese cat with a big smile.

Look what they did to worgen females. First they looked cool but then Blizzard changed the face to some pissed off chiuahauhahahua dog. Why did they make female worgens so ugly?

Deleted
    I hope they'll make em real panda-like and not some random anthros from furries' day dreams.

But I'm damn sure we'll have nice fights about the subject as we did about Worgen females! (which ended up as a pretty nice model)

10+ Year Old Account
    So far, this is all we know about female Pandaren.

Please, just make them look like Pandaren, slightly smaller, some female sexual characteristics (within reason) just noticeably different than the males. Don't try to make them sexy or cute. But do more than put a ribbon on a male.

Blizzard, can you do that?

10+ Year Old Account
    I suspect they'll probably be super-skinny and look nothing like pandas. Probably more like skinny cow-women.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.