Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Snare!

Snare yes yes about time !!!!

Deleted
    Replaces our stun if you take it

I kinda like the new system..

It's gonna be hard to pick at the start i think..

10+ Year Old Account
    And it's somewhat reliable! *weeps in joy*

(Seal of Justice: Your direct attacks snares the target 50% for 5 sec.)

---------- Post added 2011-10-21 at 05:56 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by mmo_lol View Post
    Replaces our stun if you take it
    Ya, but it's easy to switch (no idea how yet) so for arenas if you have other slows you can pick the stuns.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Corylyn View Post
    Ya, but it's easy to switch (no idea how yet) so for arenas if you have other slows you can pick the stuns.
    yea.. for Pvp Our Talents will be based on your team for sure..

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a strangely bad feeling about this.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sett View Post
    I have a strangely bad feeling about this.
    remember frost mages? they had their time, now it's the paladin's time. inb4 qq on the forums "omg wat fk blizrad palidin thrwo 2 hammer bam ded"

oh god just realized no stun if we take it im going for the stun instead lol

No More Cooldown on Repentence

Quote Originally Posted by Bling View Post
    No More Cooldown on Repentence
    1.5 second cooldown its basically another polymorph

Quote Originally Posted by SuperomegaOP View Post
    1.5 second cooldown its basically another polymorph
    cast not cooldown you mean

Quote Originally Posted by Corylyn View Post
    Ret+Enhance, Ret+Hunter, Ret+DK, Ret+Rogue
    Ret+Feral+Healer, Ret+DK+healer, Ret+Hunter+healer

With all those comps it looks like ret never needed snare at all except for duels.
    Life is short Glory is eternal

10+ Year Old Account
    Snare > Hammer, Obviously depending on comp.

Im gonna travel back in time and tell my TBC playing masochistic self that his pally will get interrupt, gap closer and snares eventually and watch my oldself laugh and pimp slap me for being so ridiculous.

The world really is ending in 2012. it must be.

Anyone who takes the snare over the 6 sec stun on 30CD is a colossal retard. Just FYI.

Heres an idea. What if Hammer of Justice is still there as a baseline class ability? Would people still take that 30 sec stun over the other 2 options?

Same if Zealotry is a skill Ret Paladins gain just for speccing into the Ret tree. Would you still take the Avenger talent over Sanctified Wrath or Divine Purpose?

I havent seen the Ret base abilities for the next expansion, so please tell me if I'm wrong and provide a screenshot etc if I am

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zin21 View Post
    Im gonna travel back in time and tell my TBC playing masochistic self that his pally will get interrupt, gap closer and snares eventually and watch my oldself laugh and pimp slap me for being so ridiculous.

The world really is ending in 2012. it must be.
    A gap closer? Where? Speed of Light?

EJL

I'm remaining apprehensive. Doubtful they'll make the game worth playing again (if you can't play as a paladin, why bother playing?)

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    I'm remaining apprehensive. Doubtful they'll make the game worth playing again (if you can't play as a paladin, why bother playing?)
    To be honest, I'm less than thrilled myself.

5 levels isn't a lot.
    Being a BIG level hurt Vash'jir...you ended up not with a sense of grandeur or majesty but of "Please get me outta here".
    The new talent system seems to emphasise small gameplay choices rather than core values - the end result being they are both fairly irrelevant and that the main specs are very locked in.
    One new class I can live with.
    One neutral race - apart from helping reduce the burden on the art department - doesn't seem to offer a lot, diluting a races flavour. Not to mention the dreaded propsect of a potential neutal city. 1 Good point - it raises the possibility of Alliance High Elves.
    No new profession either.
    And the big end game content turned out to be pokemon.
    The SM L90 Heroics look interesting. Or would have if it appeared they'd updated the story a la ZG/ZA instead of simply making it harder.
    The Monk - hard to say. I'm disappointed in the additon of another tanking spec. That isn't needed. Whats needed is some way to make more players want the role. We already have more tanking specs than we need and homogenisation means the differences between them are minimal.

From a Paladin point of view....the talents they chose to showcase are boring, uninspired and show that they are simply going to tweak the existing combat system and retain the role nobody wanted as a support role. Its hard to see Holy Avenger, for example, being that useful if the class had a decent rotation. And its existence

And yet again, the skill everyone wanted - Rupert reworked as an Avatar move - gets given to another class. I hate that guy. Hes glowy but he's such a doofus.

This system probably SHOULD have formed the basis of an end game alternate advancement system rather than a replacement for the talent system.

EJL

Deleted
    Polymorph repentance please. Ret M P HOOOOOOOOO

---------- Post added 2011-10-22 at 06:40 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    A gap closer? Where? Speed of Light?

EJL
    Every judgement will proc LAoTL now. Combine that with one of the new, powerful rootsnare break talents and go

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syridian View Post
    Every judgement will proc LAoTL now. Combine that with one of the new, powerful rootsnare break talents and go
    You think removing the minimum range will be enough to make this a gap closer?

EJL