10+ Year Old Account

New Talents/skills discussion

Look at all the new skills So much survivability and utility. Love it. Please Discuss.

It's brilliant. The fact we don't need to use a macro to make efficient use of abilities outside our spec is simply amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Have to pick a cat form talent no mater your spec or if you plan on using the form. Not enough information on what a lot of the abilities such as Incarnation do. Many of the tiers just dont seem to have a good choice. Unimpressed compared to what other classes are getting.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

It's very clear that these talents aren't finished. That said:

My feel is that it may help unify druids as a class, so that all druids have to use cat form for movement related abilities, there are some good bear form abilities for all druids, and there are spells not named Cyclone that feral druids may be interested in casting now. I really like this philosophy behind game design, if it works. I want to play a druid, not a rogue; and these talents really emphasize the difference between feral cats and rogues, or boomkins and mages.

I really don't think druids should be able to say "I don't plan on using X form ever."

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Have to pick a cat form talent no mater your spec or if you plan on using the form. Not enough information on what a lot of the abilities such as Incarnation do. Many of the tiers just dont seem to have a good choice. Unimpressed compared to what other classes are getting.
    i agree that some talents need more info but seriously you dont use catform in every spec? you don't get jealous of shaman running around as wolfs indoors?

t1 feline swiftness
    t2 renewal
    t3 typhoon
    t4 incarnation
    t5 totally meh, i'll agree with you here, demoralizing roar i guess
    t6 heart of the wild

SLIPPERY UNKILLABLE BOOMKIN TIEM

my only question now is where is my fungal growth? i love that talent. also, i hate treants and i am glad i dont have to take them anymore!

I really like these new talents. They are taking the "totally unique raid utility and constant shape-shifting" idea to a whole new level.

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Have to pick a cat form talent no mater your spec or if you plan on using the form.
    Which level is that?

The only one I could possibly see is level 15, and obviously Feline Swiftness is what all the non-cats will take. Which is good, they are forcing you to take the passive +movespeed talent.

Quote Originally Posted by skeebopshapow View Post
    my only question now is where is my fungal growth? i love that talent. also, i hate treants and i am glad i dont have to take them anymore!
    They said any "noticeably absent" abilities are most likely rolled up in your specialization spell package.
    Last edited by Stevoman; 2011-10-21 at 10:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevoman View Post
    I really like these new talents. They are taking the "totally unique raid utility and constant shape-shifting" idea to a whole new level.

Which level is that?

The only one I could possibly see is level 15, and obviously Feline Swiftness is what all the non-cats will take. Which is good, they are forcing you to take the passive +movespeed talent.
    displacer beast will be awesome for arenas even as a caster!

Quote Originally Posted by Stevoman View Post

Which level is that?

They said any "noticeably absent" abilities are most likely rolled up in your specialization spell package.
    I don't agree with your evaluation of the first tier abilities. A boomkin, for example, can unload a lot of damage, hit Displacer Beast and stealth away, and then unload a lot of damage again; you do a lot of damage without ever being in melee for a very significant period of time. It's probably an even better ability for Resto. Tireless Pursuit may even be useful for non-Feral druids.

This stinks of League of Legends where there is a build you could use and will make you more powerful but you could get by fine at max level and hardly even realize you forgot to take your skills.

In before raiding at max level and killing hard mode bosses untalented

random world events? choose any talents you want? why not slap the name Rift on there and be done with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Svenska View Post
    In before raiding at max level and killing hard mode bosses untalented
    I'm kind of hoping that the expansion of non-raiding PVE content means that hardmode raiding will have the freedom to be hard again.

So I'm curious what happens to the existing talents with this new system? What will get baked in and what will go away? It seems some of the new talents are reworded/changed versions of current talents and I'm not sure all of them are for the better if we lose what we have now. And is anyone else confused by the wording of some of these new talents? Example being Heart of the Wild. Is it basically saying that as a Bear, if I took this ability and used it, basically I'd be able to heal halfway decent for 45 sec as an example? It also seems like a lot of this is more geared toward pvp than pve with how hybridized some of it is. There isn't much that screams "Awesome tank ability" or "Amazing heal ability". Apparently we're being penalized for our versatility because we have 4 specs now and only 3 abilities to choose from each tier.

To me this new talent system feels like bonus abilities to add to your play style. Example. For tanks everything you need to use to tank is baked into the spec. Same goes for healers/dps. Then to add some prinkles to your cake they give you these nice colorful talents.

Almost as if at lvl 90 you can pick no talents and either tank/heal and even dps great, BUT if you want to be able to do additional stuff they give you a couple of options. Mages get to pew pew with spells but they can choose to slow womething that won't be needed but is extra. For druids, bears can tank just fine but then randomly cc a massive group of mobs.

I'm actually surprised they don' just get rid of classes and just create 3 new classes. Tanks, dps, healers as it sounds like they are going to normalize everything for us.

They have taken the traditional concept of talents where there was a golden spec to do max dps and wrapped it all up in a nice fuzzy blanket for retards and said 'TADA' everyone CAN (yes its conditional) be good no matter what class you are, it just matters what role you choose.

Last tier is OP for PvP (oneshots incoming, unless you want it to be a DPS at best), good for Feral/guardian PvE, downright terrible for Guardian/Resto, Resto/Balance, Balance/Guardian and Balance/Feral switches in PvE.

DPS better stay DPS instead of becoming a supbar healer for a short amount of time.
    Healers DPSing can only be done in short periods of time. (i.e. HotW is useless, and Master shapeshifter would waste said window while you try to get into melee)

45s of superiority (the only way HotW could work out -passive is no solution given that other classes more or less get that as a "base") will end up as 10/25 rotating druids doing the job.

All form limited talents will most likely get "useable in all forms" added onto them, or be removed to begin with.