Thread: Void Shift

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Void Shift

FORGET LEAP OF FAITH FOR GRIPPING PEOPLE INTO FIRE

JUST STEAL THE TANK'S HEALTH

Priests, the ultimate trolls.
    I reported lamb of log twice, once for having a slow car and once for trolling.

I lol'ed @ Void Shift and then saw Divine Star like a gigantic yoyo of bitch slaps and sparkles.

Deleted
    haha yeah void shift was awesome, and so was the pet that kept fearing until killed. I also really liked how you can now chose different cooldowns now.

It'll probably be changed to only work on targets with a lower health percentage than you. In other words, using this ability will always "heal" the target. The secondary self-"heal" after using the ability seems to support this.

If it remains unchanged, it seems like you could Void Shift your shadowfiend after summoning it to get a free full heal. Great on paper for soloing, as opposed to the current fiend+fade combo. Especially if health pools are gonna skyrocket again like they did with Cataclysm.

Quote Originally Posted by qactuar View Post
    It'll probably be changed to only work on targets with a lower health percentage than you. In other words, using this ability will always "heal" the target. The secondary self-"heal" after using the ability seems to support this.

If it remains unchanged, it seems like you could Void Shift your shadowfiend after summoning it to get a free full heal. Great on paper for soloing, as opposed to the current fiend+fade combo. Especially if health pools are gonna skyrocket again like they did with Cataclysm.
    My friend came up with this one,

2 Priests
    1 with low health
    The priest with full health Mind Controls an enemy in PvP
    The other priest casts Void Shift on the target
    ???
    Profit (and honor)

this ability will change prly..so much trolling can be done with this

If this ability stays as is, I will be so SO happy. First Leap of Faith, then this. Giving us priest the tools to mess with douchbags in LFG!

Quote Originally Posted by EFG View Post
    FORGET LEAP OF FAITH FOR GRIPPING PEOPLE INTO FIRE

JUST STEAL THE TANK'S HEALTH

Priests, the ultimate trolls.
    Doesn't have to be one or the other. Get down to 5% health, Void Shift with someone at 100% health, Lifegrip them into fire.

Sadly, I can't see this move not getting altered.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vynistra View Post
    I lol'ed @ Void Shift and then saw Divine Star like a gigantic yoyo of bitch slaps and sparkles.
    I love you

On topic:
    I can't wait to enter some wonderful fresh BG's at 90 and steal people's health at random. It's going to be so so so fun.

---------- Post added 2011-10-22 at 02:31 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by jerkface View Post
    Doesn't have to be one or the other. Get down to 5% health, Void Shift with someone at 100% health, Lifegrip them into fire.

It'll get nerfed, or limited, or have some sort of backlash where if the player you swapped with dies, you also die.
    I'm going to abuse the hell out of it before that ever happens.

Quote Originally Posted by jerkface View Post

They said the same about Leap of Faith. "I can't see this staying as it is" and, well, almost two years later here we are.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Deleted
    Void Shift, then Desperate Prayer.

At last, there is explanation, to have the most stamina in raid, except tanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raptoos View Post
    Void Shift, then Desperate Prayer.

At last, there is explanation, to have the most stamina in raid, except tanks.
    it works of % so even if you only have 100K hp at 100% and the tank has 500K hp at 100% you will heal him up to 500K.
    Priest? What do you mean i'm a priest?
    I have dots, a pet and i can turn into a dark purple form with wings, i'm obviously a warlock!

I can see myself using this in bgs on people who are slacking.

80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow

Btw what happens if e.g. tank suddenly drops to 5% health, you do Void Shift and then you die? Does the tank's health stay intact? Btw if spirit of redemption stays, I can totally see this as the ultimate suicide spell in some situations. xP

Quote Originally Posted by Eliot123 View Post
    Btw what happens if e.g. tank suddenly drops to 5% health, you do Void Shift and then you die? Does the tank's health stay intact? Btw if spirit of redemption stays, I can totally see this as the ultimate suicide spell in some situations. xP
    You and the tank switch health, so he has 100% health and you have 5%. After the spell successfully finishes, you heal for 25% of your HP, so within a GCD, you saved that 5% tank, brought him to full, and put yourself at 30%.

Deleted
    just wondering, when you're a priest, are you created a psycho or do you grow in that role while leveling?

because EVERY 5th thread i read on these forums seems to handle a different way of griefing your raid members or the opposing faction, often in the bitchiest of ways. on my own priest, i only use life grip to save people if they stand in fire, yet you guys are content to life grip people INTO fire.

you will grow into it! :-P

no really, come on, understand any fun?
    of course you dont just go into random zandalari heroics, pull a tank into fire so he dies and then /leave...

thats just the fun stuff you can do when you are raiding with your mates and are being stupid.
    Thats your answer to the hunter, that put misdirection on you, pulls and uses feign death, or the other mate, that jumped down the elevator, when you where sitting next to him on his mamoth mount. (he of course getting naked first). Or when they said they would port you to the instance, but were swimming miles under water with the waterbreathing buff, so you drown...
    it's called: having fun with mates

Its going to be one of those "what is your role in this fight" talents that we'll be 'swapping like glyphs' fight to fight to fight. If you're tank healing you'll probably want Void Shift, but if your raid healing Star clearly seems superior. VS is like a modified (though arguably weaker) Lay on Hands, that doesnt have a debuff.

Im more curious (read: concerned) how they will be delineating and defining the differences in Disc vs Holy since you share the same tree. What will the 'spec bonuses' be?

Derevka, I can't doublecheck this right now, but isn't Vow on the same tier as Void Shift (and not Divine Star)? As both specs I would personally see Vow being a much better tank healing element.

Actually, assuming Holy keeps a Renew refresh on Binding, it could work out quite nicely, assuming you use it with enough care to not get yourself killed.

As far as spec differences, dunno. Could be interesting to see what they're going to pull from it.
    Last edited by Kelesti; 2011-10-23 at 03:13 PM.

I'd assume disc will keep many of the current talents that buff/improve shields - so stuff like soul warding or train of thought and inner focus and so on will stay for disc , while chakra related and renew and aoe boosting current talents will maybe stick for holy? Oh and SoR and LW, let's not forget those.